Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Your opinion on the Zorg matters

More fighters
- 11 (16.9%)
More frigates
- 5 (7.7%)
More destroyers
- 5 (7.7%)
More cruisers
- 4 (6.2%)
More capital ships
- 30 (46.2%)
More utility ships (freighters)
- 10 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] ZORG - V18 - (Exerelin + Uomoz Compatible!) - Campaign Mode!  (Read 162500 times)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ZORG - V6
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »

I think they are a bit too powerful right now. I tried the mission against the Independants, i was able to wreck them without having to bring in the cruiser and the capital ship. Also,  i like the noise it make when they use their ship systems (a tad loud though). However i think you could have tried something more fancy for their special moving system. Right now it is an improved maneuvering jet but i expected something more "advanced" and weird for them.

I say this but i don't really have suggestions about it... Still, wouldn't be a bad thing to replace their maneuvering jet with something a bit more original if you can come up with something.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 08:16:31 AM »

I'll tone down the volume on the ship system. The fleet points on several Zorg ships will be increased according to their power.

New ship:

Zorg Tactical Probe:

A heavily armoured probe that can be flown as a frigate, instead of a fighter. Armed with a single handler ray.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 09:00:32 AM »

Zorg Cube? The Zorg Control Matrix in (fake) 3D:

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 09:30:40 AM »

Just finished an Exerelin compatible version and send it to Zaphide.

[edit]
Also updated public download to V7. There is no campaign mode yet in the standalone download.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:54:34 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ZORG - V7 - (No Campaign Mode Yet)
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »

Would someone like to undertake a review video of the Zorg faction? I'd appreciate the effort and post a link of such a video on the OP.

Of course, the mod isn't 100% finished yet. But commentary on the ships, their look and their feel would be nice.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »

I made a mod reveiwz!

*poops out*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqR3-qG1t9k
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:45:18 PM by Foxer360 »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 06:47:06 AM »

I made a mod reveiwz!

*poops out*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqR3-qG1t9k

Nice review, Foxer. Thanks!

The Disabler and the Probe are indeed fighters and are not meant to be piloted directly. Hence they could move through asteroids and had 0 FP. (as fighter wings they have 7 and 5 FP respectively)

The Drone is a frigate. The Allocator is just a freighter. Hence it isn't as beefy. :)

You missed out on the Surveyor (destroyer) and Tactical Probe (another frigate) though!

The adaptor ray is the only kinetic weapon of the Zorg and is meant to help bring down shields.

Hope that clears a few things up. I'll put your review video on the OP now. :)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2013, 07:17:55 AM »

Sorry for the confusion, there were so many different files and variants with _x _z after them! XD I'll see if I can edit them in and re-upload.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »

okay, lil feedback after playing Z7

#1 : please take off the voice on the weapons and the transmitter ray entirely. its funny when youre alone but the AI dosent make the difference and spam them. it gets very annoying with the latter
#2 : whats the point of the interdictor ray exactly ? the handlers are already pd and the interdictor have shorter range, which mean most of the time, theyre pretty useless
#3 : the adaptor ray dosent seem very good at all tbh, its doing a poorer job than the disruptor, and im already using that one as a very effective main weapon.

campaign please  ;D

p.s.: err, whats the deal with the fourth mission ? its choosing which ship to deploy for me and its not giving me the announced flagship  ???
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:22:04 AM by phyrex »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »

okay, lil feedback after playing Z7

#1 : please take off the voice on the weapons and the transmitter ray entirely. its funny when youre alone but the AI dosent make the difference and spam them. it gets very annoying with the latter
#2 : whats the point of the interdictor ray exactly ? the handlers are already pd and the interdictor have shorter range, which mean most of the time, theyre pretty useless
#3 : the adaptor ray dosent seem very good at all tbh, its doing a poorer job than the disruptor, and im already using that one as a very effective main weapon.

campaign please  ;D

p.s.: err, whats the deal with the fourth mission ? its choosing which ship to deploy for me and its not giving me the announced flagship  ???

#1 - I will not take off the voice on weapons. But I will reduce the chance of them playing. They already do not play every time you fire, but I'll reduce the likelyhood even further.
#2 - The interdictor is just as great at PD, but less effective against stronger ships. I put them in to replace some of the handlers on ships that would otherwise be too powerful. It is also something for future ship designs, in case I want something PD focussed.
#3 - True. The adaptor ray needs a buff in damage.

The fourth mission was just a test for me where the AI deploys and handles the Zorg ships and doesn't require much player involvement.

Thanks for the feedback!

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »

did i mentionned i cant wait for the campaign ? playing zorg with the usual limitations and bonuses of the campaign mode will be so fun  ;D

to clarify : i LOVE the zorg mod

edit : i also see that pretty much all the zorg ships have ITA, why not just take it off and adjust the FP and weapon range accordingly ?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:29:10 PM by phyrex »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2013, 04:16:00 AM »

Good news! In cooperation with Zaphide, I've made the Zorg compatible with the Exerelin mod. I'll put up a download today!

Still making a few final tweaks before I'm comfortable with releasing the Exerelin compatible download.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2013, 04:23:29 AM »

Good news! In cooperation with Zaphide, I've made the Zorg compatible with the Exerelin mod. I'll put up a download today!

Still making a few final tweaks before I'm comfortable with releasing the Exerelin compatible download.

Note: Zorg weapons are built-in. However, Zorg weapons are still delivered to Zorg stations. These are used to arm 'assimilated' ships.  :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2013, 04:59:24 AM »

Zorg V8 released:

DOWNLOAD: Exerelin Compatible

Load it up with Exerelin and LazyLib! Adds the Zorg faction to the Exerelin mod.

(Zorg faction colour may appear similar to that of the Antediluvians. Will be fixed in a future release!)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ZORG - V8 - (Exerelin Compatible!)
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2013, 07:25:07 AM »

Working on the Zorg Worker Sphere:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24