Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Exigency v0.7.2 - Updated 3/19/17  (Read 314761 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Exigency Incorporated v0.7 - Updated!
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »

The next update of the mod will be distributed as a .zip, I apologize for assuming that archive software was ubiquitous.

plz...
no rar files
zip files work just fine
rar files need win rar
and i hate win rar

Delta7, I apologize like in the earlier post this was a mistake and a poor assumption on my part. I will distribute the next update as a .zip as mentioned before, if you require the current version of this mod as a .zip please contact me via PM or Skype and I will send you it directly.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2015, 04:37:41 PM »

plz...
no rar files
zip files work just fine
rar files need win rar
and i hate win rar
You could just use 7zip instead and have the ability to ignore winrar for rars while being able to open zips just fine.

try666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »

where can i find Exigency Corporation port?

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »

where can i find Exigency Corporation port?

It's near the Ahriman space station in Hyperspace. Right on top of it.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2015, 09:22:32 PM »

A valid question try666, it simply does not exist yet. In the relatively near future they will get a rig to have possibly more than one station in a unique dynamic manner, but it just is not ready yet.

In the meantime consider Avesta Station in hyperspace the de facto location to trade in their technology.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2015, 08:44:20 PM »

ah, thanks. sorry for late reply. anyways, in the meantime, ill give 7zip a try
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2015, 01:46:06 AM »

Took the updated fighters for a spin in an otherwise unmodded game. They fit in very nicely both balance and role-wise, so nice job on that. The Naxos is much more useful than I remember; now it has a niche as a bomber which can put constant low-intensity pressure on large and small targets from a safe range.

Allied Tarujan dumb bombs are really hard to see in a busy battle because they're tiny and lack an IFF diamond. Because they're released >600 units away and often float past the target, I get hit by them pretty often. I think you should give them a flashing red light or similar to make them more prominent. In addition, Avengers/Lancets (maybe I'm misremembering)/Kestros/Mini Bolos are very visually similar, especially when cruising at midrange; it would be cool if at least the Bolos looked more different, since they're torpedoes.

The Azata tend to miss almost all of their bursts vs. small targets, which affects their effectiveness much more than other fighters with the same problem, e.g. Talons, because they don't have constant-fire weapons. Maybe you can consider giving them a very small firing arc and a hidden turret rotation boost to alleviate that. They also autotarget missiles with the minigun, which is generally a poor use of their capabilities. Perhaps consider making them non-PD.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:41 PM »

Allied Tarujan dumb bombs are really hard to see in a busy battle because they're tiny and lack an IFF diamond. Because they're released >600 units away and often float past the target, I get hit by them pretty often. I think you should give them a flashing red light or similar to make them more prominent.

Interesting point about the those bombs, unfortunately giving a projectile an animation like that is extremely non-trivial and is something no mod has done yet. In the mean time I put a pair of red stripes on them, though it does not help that much I will keep other options in mind also.

In addition, Avengers/Lancets (maybe I'm misremembering)/Kestros/Mini Bolos are very visually similar, especially when cruising at midrange; it would be cool if at least the Bolos looked more different, since they're torpedoes.

Personally I do not have an issue identifying the different missiles by their vastly different flight profiles, sizes, speeds, and visual recognition. If you have any specific suggestions to help differentiate them more I will consider them.

The Azata tend to miss almost all of their bursts vs. small targets, which affects their effectiveness much more than other fighters with the same problem, e.g. Talons, because they don't have constant-fire weapons. Maybe you can consider giving them a very small firing arc and a hidden turret rotation boost to alleviate that. They also autotarget missiles with the minigun, which is generally a poor use of their capabilities. Perhaps consider making them non-PD.

Hmm, I will try making them not act as PD as an experiment to see how it feels in action. Also about giving the weapon a small traverse arc, done :)

Really appreciate the detailed feedback LB, and in other news from the futureā„¢... Small update soon that should include Nexerelin support, some quality of life campaign changes, a couple of new weapons, more fighters (yea there is a lot but I love them and this will likely be the last batch), and maybe a secret surprise or two.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:27:23 PM by MesoTroniK »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »

I will say that after I go use to flying Exi ships, I do like them quite a bit. (even though they hit pretty low in their weight classes IMHO) I really like the LOW as hell crew requirements! I mean the Pergon, the cruiser, has the crew requirements of the ENFORCER! (60)
One thing though is that the AI needs Exi ships to be in swarms for them to be useful, ESPECIALLY since they have no shields

As for the weapons, my current fav is the Kestros MIRV. I threw three of these onto an Archer with E racks and ECCM and it owns big time!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2015, 02:24:55 PM »

am i just going crazy or are all the ships randomly teleported

Edit: im pretty sure im going crazy i just had my cruiser teleported
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:31:52 PM by connortron7 »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2015, 03:17:12 PM »

Yes, Connortron7, that would be the Ithria's  right-click system. All Exigency ships have a right click system, as well as a regular system (their repulsors).

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2015, 04:17:11 PM »

Oh i didn't even know that was possible thanks now i know to avoid them

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »

One way to prevent getting recalled is to flux lock the ship, that system eats a ton of power to activate and can also cause overloads.

yiyayiya17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2015, 02:03:39 AM »

Really really like the ships a lot. Every one of them is Unique and well-balanced. Just too much trouble to get them and use in campaign. Only if the mod can be compatible with Nexerelin. Or there coulb be other ways to build an army with  Exigency ships only to fight other fashions.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

Really really like the ships a lot. Every one of them is Unique and well-balanced. Just too much trouble to get them and use in campaign. Only if the mod can be compatible with Nexerelin. Or there coulb be other ways to build an army with  Exigency ships only to fight other fashions.
Well you are in luck then! Meso is currently working on getting this to work with Nexerlin and should release a patch decently Soon
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26