Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Exigency v0.7.2 - Updated 3/19/17  (Read 315445 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exigency Incorporated v0.59b - "More Speed"
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2014, 04:00:26 AM »

Ever wonder what happens when the AI actually aims rockets properly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAvSbHSNKKM

Final product may (will) differ from what is shown*

In other news, the next hopefully mind blowingly awesome version is slowly working towards completion. The amount of obscure bugs found and spontaneous script explosions was insane, but they are all dealt with now and it is just little bits of content left to add that hopefully will go smoothly... What could possibly go wrong?

ORMtnMan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exigency Incorporated v0.59b - "More Speed"
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2014, 09:02:22 AM »

I'm waaaaaaaiiiiiiiting......
Creator and lord of The Ashkurr Commonwealth

Sprite artist and designer for Naysmyth Armouries

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exigency Incorporated v0.6
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »

Evening everyone, it has been a while has it not? I apologize this update took so long but when you understand why it did hopefully you will forgive me.

This is a summary of the main changes:
- Right-click ship systems for every single ExigencyCorp ship! (It took an obscene amount of time to debug and polish these.)
- A new ExigencyCorp bomber and a new Ahriman Association fighter.
- Three new turrets and a few new built in weapons.
- Global balance pass of everything and script optimization.
- Now requires ShaderLib and has material, normal, and surface maps for everything.
- Now has a complete OST, with some of the old songs removed, some new ones added, some old ones were remastered, and they are all at a higher bit rate as well.
- Optionally supports the Version Checker mod.

So go ahead and grab the new version from original post.

Anyways, please let me know how you like it. This was a labor of love and time and any feed back / bug reports is greatly appreciated!
And here is a video explaining the right click systems, I highly recommend watching it as they are quite complex :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtuHDBK9gv0

Changelog:
Spoiler

Please note this will break save games, and REQUIRES both ShaderLib along side LazyLib now. If your computer cannot handle the system requirements of ShaderLib or you dislike the aesthetic, open the settings.json in the ShaderLib mod folder and disable or adjust the options. Now optionally supports LazyWizard's Version Checker mod, which informs you if you are using obsolete versions of mods if they support it.

New content:
- Added the Tarujan class bomber and its Big Bang Bomb weapon.
- Added the Saraph class interceptor (Ahriman Association vessel).
- Added the CIGEN Autocannon as a medium modular weapon.
- Added the Lancet ASM Pod weapon as a medium modular missile launcher that holds 15 rounds, this is is a variant of the old Lancet ASM Launcher which is built into certain ships, and the Lancet ASM which is the single shot version that is unique to the Naxos class bomber.
- Added the Avenger Missile weapon as two different versions, the Avenger Missile Pod which is a modular small weapon with 8 shots, and the Avenger Missile which is a single shot version that is mounted on the Naxos class bomber.
- Added two random battle missions for the Ahriman Association, one where you play as them against vanilla ships, and the other is the opposite of that scenario.

Balance changes / ship system additions / other random tweaks:
- Irithia class capital ship now has the Tethys Drive ship system on right click (recall teleporter with some extra tricks), and its repair %/day stat was reduced to 3 from 4.
- Pergon class cruiser now has the CIGEN-EX ship system on right click (fires a more powerful shot out of the built in CIGEN Cannon).
- Nasir class light carrier now has the Missile Jammer ship system on right click (causes hostile missiles to fly in drunken circles), and its max speed was buffed to 55 from 50.
- Zephos class destroyer now has the Thalassa Drive ship system on right click (teleporter with some extra tricks), its repair %/day stat was increased to 8 from 6, and its flux dissipation rate buffed to 190 from 170.
- Indra class frigate had its fleet point cost reduced to 14 from 15, its Burst Repulsor ship system was buffed by reducing the chance to fail deflecting weapons fire to 10% from 20%, the Evasion Jets AI hints were tweaked slightly, its crew requirements were raised from to 12 / 26 from 8 / 22, its hull was buffed to 1300 from 1260, and its armor was buffed to 240 from 230.
- Yria class frigate now has the Reactive Hull ship system on right click (50% damage resistance), and a built in forward facing Vindictive Autogun was added.
- Elhiur class frigate now has the Rapid-Loader ship system on right click (instant missile reload), a built in forward facing Vindictive Autogun was added, its fleet point cost increased to 3 from 2, and its designation changed to Corvette from Frigate.
- Naxos class bomber had its Stinger Rockets replaced by the new Avenger Missile weapon, its CR to deploy stat increased to 9 from 7, its supplies/day stat increased to 1.75 from 1.5, and its designation changed to Standoff Bomber from Strike Bomber.
- Kaivor class heavy fighter had its supplies/day stat decreased to 1.25 from 1.5.
- Glynado class interceptor had its supplies/day stat decreased to 0.4 from 0.5.
- Gehenna class capital ship repair %/day stat reduced to 3.5 from 4.
- Azryel class destroyer supplies/day stat increased to 5 from 4.
- Azazel class heavy fighter had its CR to deploy stat increased to 7 from 5, and its supplies/day stat decreased to 1.25 from 1.5.
- Older variants were adjusted and renamed in various manners and some new ones were created.
- The pricing of most Exigency Corporation and Ahriman Association ships were adjusted (for the most part they were lowered).
- The Beam Resistant Armor hull mod that is common to every Exigency Corporation ship and fighter had its name changed to Electrostatic Armor, and now on top of the 30% beam damage resistance it also negates 30% of EMP damage.
- Sabot Cannon weapons were nerfed by significantly reducing the rate at which they regenerate ammunition. The small version can now fire for roughly 15 seconds before its effective DPS halves and it takes about 20 seconds to regenerate from 0 to full capacity if firing is halted. The medium version can fire for roughly 25 seconds before its effective DPS halves and it takes about 25 seconds to regenerate from 0 to full capacity if firing is halted.
- CIGEN Cannon projectiles now have a push force upon impact with objects, and also corrected the bug of any variant of CIGEN weapon being able to hit friendly fighters and drones.
- Repulsor Beam weapon was nerfed by reducing its range to 800 from 1000.
- Mx10 and Mx4 built in missile weapons had their AI changed (both variants of missiles that are fired simultaneously out of each kind of launcher) to have a subtle inaccuracy that causes them to spread out slightly, and now when significantly off target they coast on inertia while course correcting rather than decelerate. Both of these changes causes them to be less effective against fighters and frigates while being slightly more PD resistant at the same time (it also looks cooler). They also now generate a tiny amount of flux upon firing, this prevents the ships from spamming missile attacks while retaining the zero flux speed bonus but it is too little to have any other consequences.
- Lancet ASM missile (same missile fired from several different weapons) was buffed by having the hit points of the missile itself increased to 210 from 160.
- Lancet ASM (single shot version mounted only on the Naxos class bomber) was reclassified as a small weapon, and the Naxos had that mount changed to a small from a medium to match.
- The Vindictive Autogun was changed to fire a four round burst of projectiles instead of two while retaining an identical overall rate of fire and flux stats, its projectiles changed to normal BALLISTIC instead of BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM (to fix some inherit inertia quirks), and it now has a turret under sprite (not on the hardpoint version).
- CIGEN Repeater weapons had their projectiles changed to normal BALLISTIC instead of BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM (to fix some inherit inertia quirks).
- Stinger Rocket weapons now have custom autofire AI that dramatically improves hit probability via firing at imperfect lead intercept trajectories.
- Repulsor / Burst Repulsor ship systems no longer deflect munitions that are heading away from the ship. Also friendly missiles after their engines fizzle out are now deflected so less friendly fire occurs then in the past when they were ignored. Note that NPC AI will activate the Repulsor systems for friendly fizzled missiles but not for friendly projectiles as they will not be affected in any way (you really do not want them to be).
- Tier values were added to the weapons in preparation for the next Starsector update, and the prices of the most of the modular weapons were adjusted (for the most part they were lowered).
- Small random changes to some of the weapons balance that are so minor as not to be worth mentioning the specifics of.
- Small optimisations and improvements to some of the scripts that are so minor as not to be worth mentioning the specifics of.
- Small random changes to probably everything in the mod that are so minor as not to be worth mentioning the specifics of.
- The Exigency Corporation as always starts neutral to the player, but now if you acquire any ExigencyCorp or Ahriman Association ships they become hostile to you and a message is displayed when this occurs.
- The Exigency Corporation faction is now friendly with the MAIs Drones faction (from the Gedune mod).
- The Ahriman Association faction is now hostile to the player by default.
- The Ahriman Association faction is now friendly with the Mayorate faction (from the Mayorate mod).
- The descriptions for some things were improved / rewrote.
- All of the missions were tweaked / improved in various manners.
- Probably some things I don't recall.

New / changed visuals and audio:
- Mod now uses ShaderLib dynamic lighting on weapons and ship systems (hmmm, delicious material, normal, and surface maps :)), and REQUIRES ShaderLib along with LazyLib. If your computer cannot handle the system requirements of ShaderLib or you dislike the aesthetic, open the settings.json in the ShaderLib mod folder and disable or adjust the options.
- The sprites of the Naxos, Kaivor, Glynado, and Azazel class fighters were improved in various manners.
- Color and opacity of the charge up stage of the Burst Repulsor ship system was adjusted.
- Color and opacity of the Evasion Jets ship system was adjusted.
- The visuals of the Ball Lightning Gun's beam were changed to be more crisp and distinct.
- The Vindictive Autogun had the visuals of its projectiles made a bit more subtle.
- The running lights on the Irithia, Nasir, and Gehenna class ships now use additive blending, always render underneath other weapons, and uses a script to make sure they shut off when the ship is destroyed (until now they continued to play the animation even after the ship was hulked).
- The Stinger Rocket firing sound was lowered slightly.
- New songs by Psiyon:
Campaign; 'Sovereignty', 'Mobilization', 'Ambush', and 'Hostile Waters'.
Combat; 'Skeleton Crew', 'Fusillade', 'Veiled in Dust', 'Relics', 'Undying Legacy', 'The Flagship', and 'Condottiere'.
- The following songs from prior updates were remastered, edited, and improved in various manners by Psiyon:
'Stellar Remnant', 'Catastrophic Systems Failure', and 'Exigency'.
- All music was volume corrected to be much more in-line with vanilla music volume levels and is now at a higher bit rate.
- The songs 'Gliese 411 B', 'Rust', 'Into the Black', 'The Expanse', and 'Steel Rain' were removed. Note that Kazi made 'Into the Black', 'The Expanse', and 'Steel Rain' and they are still available in his faction mod; The Mayorate.
- Added a sound when you are defeated in battle, due to some limitations of Starsector itself this only works in single battle missions. It will function in the campaign later when Starsector has music control exposed in the API, along with leveraging the other songs in a manner more interesting than just two shuffle play lists.

Final notes:
The right click systems are very complex scripts and are essentially hacked in to bypass the normal Phase AI, it took a very long time to debug and polish them but it is still possible that some issues were missed. So any oddities you observe during gameplay or just general balance or other comments that are forwarded to me would be greatly appreciated.
Please inform me if you feel the volume levels of the custom music are off relative to vanilla music.
I also recommend that you read the codex entries for Exigency Corporation vessels and ship systems. The right click ship systems are not listed on the vessel's stat card like normal ones. But instead referenced in each ship description text and described in detail in the codex along with the rest of the ship systems... Or just find out what they do the hard way during gameplay.
[close]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:58:57 PM by MesoTroniK »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile

If you are reading this, stop, go to the front page, download the mod, and play the mod. You will not be disappoint.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Awesome  :D
Well done video. Looking forward to trying out these new systems  :)

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ships with two systems? SHIPS WITH TWO SYSTEMS?     :o

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Now I just have to figure out how to have three ship systems ::)

Anyways, enjoy and let me know how it goes please.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:37:37 AM by MesoTroniK »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Now I just have to figure out how to have three ship systems ::)

Anyways, enjoy and let me know how it goes please.

Hull mod that is a ship system ;) Then you can have as many as you want, and on any ship...  :o the mind boggles...

It all looks amazing Meso :)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Theres one problem tho, its getting real hard to come up with something (weapon or system) new

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So...after *** around with them in missions I haven't come across an error so far. I'm sure you went to 11 to balance and test them so I'll just leave after saying that Exigency have strengthen their position as one of the coolest factions ever in a space game in my book.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:42:22 AM by Sabaton »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you Sabaton :)

A little status update of what is going on. Currently methods to add a small custom UI element to signify the status of the right-click systems are being looked at. Unfortunately this does not appear to be a very simple thing to do, not sure when it will happen but it will be added at some point in time. It is needed, even with them using hard flux, the glows, activate sound, and ready sounds that is just not a proper substitute for UI information.

Other than that, just buckling down for the massive changes that will be required for SS 0.65, and planning the next wave of new things for the mod itself. Hopefully new content will never require as much time to implement properly as Exi 0.6 did ever again...

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@ Voting poll

I want a dreadnought class capital killer!

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@ Voting poll

I want a dreadnought class capital killer!

^ hes trying to kill you, dont listen to him!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

I want a Planet sized Star breaker Capital ship. :)

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm fairly sure I've seen a sneak peak of a mega exigency 'Star killer' ship, just you wait Valk, your tiny Vatican Mk IV will cower at the very sight of it's vast magnificence!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26