Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: cool ships to fly  (Read 1232 times)

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
cool ships to fly
« on: February 05, 2022, 04:53:34 PM »

what are some cool ships from mods you've flown? I am new so haven't heard of a lot. There are some mods like VIC that make some pretty cool special weapons and faction weapons, nice effects and stuff.

I like the weapons of the VIC and their Apollyon Capital.

I've tried to ballisong a couple times, kinda cool. I've also seen some ship from a pink themed mod which has moving engine pylons, so it moves a to a speed mode and it goes like 600....speed is always life. a good flank wins the battle and a good retreat saves you for another pass.

what cool ship abillities have you come across?

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: cool ships to fly
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 05:30:11 PM »

The entirety of the Diable Avionics ship roster has unique active systems. The Void Wretch from Secrets of The Frontier can use a shield and  enter the phase dimension for a short period of time. The Ristreza (and its numerous variants and other Kassadari ships) from Tahlan Shipworks has visual effects just by existing, and these effects get agressive when the ship's hull is  10%. Phase ships and some fighters from Spindle (Scalar Tech) have some cool wing trails.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: cool ships to fly
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 06:41:28 AM »

kingdom of terra has great ships and some insanely cool superweapons

it includes a new faction that has a pile of melee ships made from dinosaur remains

armaa armatura has really cool (totally-not-a-gundam) mechs that you can pilot and dock at your carriers just like fighters do

musashi manufactorum is an excellent "heres some extra independent/pirate/everyone-can-use-them" ships

modern carriers has some really cool carrier themed hullmods that allow some unique carrier builds

i could keep going for a while i know just about every mod on the forum; the former are my cant live without mods
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward