Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Next feature?

More missions.
- 5 (9.1%)
A new system.
- 12 (21.8%)
More ships.
- 38 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.7a] Citadel v0.8.3  (Read 263043 times)

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a] Citadel v0.8.3 - Second In-dev Released! [6/7/2015]
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2015, 07:35:59 PM »

It does but will be missing the new features for 0.7.1a such as commissions.

Though commissions specifically are literally a single line of code I believe.

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2015, 07:22:03 PM »

Noticed Heaks have 0 crew, so they're stuck with a green "crew". Intended?

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2015, 06:33:43 PM »

Dunno if you already did this, but the Nova Cruiser's "Citadel Experimental Systems" should probably be changed to disallow the addition of safety overrides.

CES increases engine durability by 250% and increases passive venting by 75%. It's weakness is that active venting is 50% slower. Obviously not an issue when SO disables venting.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »

Noticed Heaks have 0 crew, so they're stuck with a green "crew". Intended?

Yes, they are drone fighters for now.

Dunno if you already did this, but the Nova Cruiser's "Citadel Experimental Systems" should probably be changed to disallow the addition of safety overrides.

CES increases engine durability by 250% and increases passive venting by 75%. It's weakness is that active venting is 50% slower. Obviously not an issue when SO disables venting.

Honestly, I should just rework that system entirely. Sorry, not a lot of time to do that right now.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2015, 03:19:36 AM »

There are some filename character case related typos in the latest release (prevent game from loading on case sensitive OS):

data/missions/cocktailparty/descriptor.json
cocktails.png > cocktails.PNG

data/missions/matterofhonor/descriptor.json
personal.png > personal.PNG

data/missions/fox_testbattle/descriptor.json
biggy.png > biggy.PNG

data/missions/fox_testbattle2/descriptor.json
biggy2.png > biggy2.PNG

data/world/factions/citadeldefenders.faction
cit_port_1.PNG > cit_port_1.png (2 lines)
cit_port_2.PNG > cit_port_2.png
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2015, 09:02:59 PM »

Some minor typos:

The former Sierra Battlecruiser (Now Projector), still mentions "Seirra" in the second paragraph in its description.

Since the Parabola was nerfed to 1500 range, it's more of an SRM/MRM than an LRM.

The large and medium versions of eFlak are both named "Heavy eFlak".

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »

There are some filename character case related typos in the latest release (prevent game from loading on case sensitive OS):

Haha, nice to see someone else playing on *nix :) I also reported those mismatches. (Sorry for the off ^^)
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »

Please do not overwrite the files. Delete and fresh install is what should counter most of these.

Some minor typos:

Thanks! ^^
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:30:31 PM by Foxer360 »

Mudanzas Valencia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • mudanzas valencia
« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2015, 09:16:18 PM »

plz update the op with the correct link to the new version when you get a moment, also delete the link to the old version - HOUSEKEEPING -  Also, you may want to put "DOWNLOAD" in the first word of the first sentence of the OP in giant 200 point font, rather than buried in the middle behind a flag, just sayin'
si desea un presupuesto para su hogar o negocio
http://www.mudanzasvalemcia.com
Sus muebles, así como nuestra reputación en Valencia, tu empresa de mudanzas economicas.

Sunchaser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2015, 11:57:25 PM »

So, uh, mild issue to note here, having started a new 0.7.1a game with Citadel dropped back in.

It's been...maybe a year, game time? Enough for me to assemble an early fleet of three frigates and a destroyer, and I finally go out bounty hunting. I head to the nearest 20,000 contract, creep in running dark to scout it -- it's one Vigilance and a half dozen fighters.

Should be easy, right?

Four of those fighters are Makos. My entire fleet dies as soon as they make engagement. One pair of them head-on rush my Archer destroyer, flying through and ignoring a full salvo of harpoon missiles, overload, and disable it in under ten seconds.

So I took a look at them. And, uh...

500 flux dissipation? Almost 400 armor? Six weapon mounts? Six hull mods? And they only require one supply per month? Three frigates loaded down with tactical lasers and backed by a Lasher with vulcans and machine guns could not kill them. To say nothing of them shrugging off walking through a dozen harpoon missiles, which some destroyers can't do.

And these things are showing up from outset, in random minimum-bounty pirate fleets.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that maybe some rebalancing needs to be done? Hell, the Knights Templar would run from these things.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2015, 12:16:28 AM »

Citadel supply values (and some other parameters) have not been re-balanced for 0.7 yet.

Is a balancing pass planned? Many citadel ships currently have ridiculously low supply costs (Comet, a full scale combat destroyer has 3.5 vs 3.0 for vanilla Hound). They also have very low credit prices.

Indeed. That, along with a few other updates and polishing features, are planned when I have more time. Those require a full playthrough, but with finals coming up, I simply cannot afford to distracted in any way. I do appreciate the concern though!

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2015, 12:03:50 PM »

Please do not overwrite the files. Delete and fresh install is what should counter most of these.

Overwriting previous mod versions is something i never do. Character case of all file names is just what was provided in the archive.

On the other side, randomizing character case in file names is what Windows and many programs for it do on their own each time they manage to do it, so it is quite typical for the case in some names (btw, not only for data, but sometimes also for .class files) to mess "on it's own" between two releases if development is done in Windows (this is why many Java software companies started to force developers to use Linux).

BTW: The fun part here is that actually unpacking over older releases instead of deleting them it is what can counter this specific problem (creating ton of other) as this way i will eventually grow to have one copy of each file for each name case randomization variant implemented in Windows.  :P

Edit: I also have the following crash when attempting to start new 7.1 game with the Citadel mod enabled:

Code
255271 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Finished sector generation
255429 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.initStar(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;F)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/PlanetAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.initStar(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;F)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/PlanetAPI;
        at data.scripts.world.citadel.Citadel.generate(Citadel.java:40)
        at data.scripts.world.citadel.DefendersGen.generate(DefendersGen.java:17)
        at data.scripts.CITModPlugin.initCIT(CITModPlugin.java:22)
        at data.scripts.CITModPlugin.onNewGame(CITModPlugin.java:63)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacesuper.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Unfortunately i am no Java developer and it's hard for me to debug this. In some cases previously however i was able to trace similar errors in SS mods to messed case in class file names.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:42:26 PM by DinoZavarski »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2015, 07:06:55 PM »

On the other side, randomizing character case in file names is what Windows and many programs for it do on their own each time they manage to do it, so it is quite typical for the case in some names (btw, not only for data, but sometimes also for .class files) to mess "on it's own" between two releases if development is done in Windows (this is why many Java software companies started to force developers to use Linux).

We're completely off-topic here, but none of the above is true. Source: Wrote linux server-side software on a windows client platform for a living for 15 years.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »

We're completely off-topic here, but none of the above is true. Source: Wrote linux server-side software on a windows client platform for a living for 15 years.

Continuing on the off-topic: For the last 18 years my main job is to be called as a side contractor to solve various U*X related problems that own tech teams failed to solve. This leads to somehow one-sided experience - in almost any program/OS i have to work with i see it's problems above all else; when there are no problems i usually have no reasons to work with most of them.

I agree there is no way to figure this way how common a problem is, compared to the total number of working instances specific software has (statistically it can even be less than 1%), but it gives nice view on what are the most common problems various programs have. And i can ensure you that when it comes to failures with Java software at deployment stage (deployment, not configuring) on U*X, file name character case errors that reached distribution are source of ~60% of the issues (with the next most common being compiling in Wndows .dll dependencies, the favorite mess of SAP module developers btw). Usually not result of intent or carelessness, but something made by used Windows program without developer noticing it. Usually software companies that had loses because of such failure implement U*X QA or take some other measures (like making some/all devs use Linux).

As for Starsector - I'm tracking it since 0.54.1a. Roughly around 15% of mod releases i downloaded in this period (probably missed few, also never downloaded several mods) had problems running from scratch in Linux. Of them only 2 sequential releases of the ORI mod had issue that was not related to messed character case in file names. This is a bit to much for the problem to be called "nonexistent" and you won't manage to convince me that dev's are just so incompetent or are doing it intentionally. You may like it or not, but the fact is that this is a "functionality" of the "ecosystem" they work in. It is a problem that can be avoided with some experience (learning what programs tend to cause it and not using them or fixing after), but not if you blindly try to deny it.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 17, 2015, 07:53:37 PM »

Couple things.
#1 As of Now it is confusing as *** to download the up-to-date version of this. How about changing the link that goes by clicking the flag to download the newest version, while having a spoiler under it that has links to older versions instead? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
#2 The fore mentioned OP Fighters that take out a destroyer in ten sec? I was looking forward to adding Citadel to my mix once again, but that is discouraging to say the least. Frankly Citadel are a no go until that is addressed.

Also that Off-top. D:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23