Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Next feature?

More missions.
- 5 (9.1%)
A new system.
- 12 (21.8%)
More ships.
- 38 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.7a] Citadel v0.8.3  (Read 263032 times)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.5a] Citadel v0.7.3 - A Brave New World! (New economy fix dev [11/1])
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »

Is this power cruise problem related to the Comet being like a bat outta hell? That thing runs circles around my frigates it is so fast...

Haha, not quite! The problem lies with its AI, which crashes the game when trying to decided on whether to power cruise or not. And yeah, it is supposed to be ridiculously fast but quite underarmed.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »

Huh, well the few times I ran across it so far it has been rather frustrating since the cooldown time seems really low for the skill. I mean the thing is literally more maneuverable and faster than any frigate I've ever piloted.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »

I'll look into reducing the turn stats next update, thanks for your input :)

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2014, 04:55:59 PM »

Hi! I'm a big fan of the ships in your mod. However, I'd like to make a suggestion and/or request...

Your ships tend to use up a LOT more fuel than others. This seems reasonable, given that your ships are typically more powerful than the vanilla Starsector ships. However, if you play with multiple mods like I (and probably others) do, you find that other authors don't add a hefty fuel cost to their ships. So if you play with multiple mods, everyone else's mod ships will offer similar punch for much lower upkeep (fuel) costs. This can be pretty significant, since they seem to take up on average 5x the fuel that generic ships of the same class consume.

So I was hoping that maybe next release, you could offer an alternative version, or maybe a mini-patch to overwrite the main version. Something to bring your ships' fuel consumption more in line with other ships? That way your ships remain competitive to fly for those of us with multiple ship mods installed?

Just a suggestion. I really love some of your ship design concepts, and would like to be able to fly more of them without breaking my gas tank! So please consider it, and keep up the good work!

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2014, 05:37:52 PM »

Hi! I'm a big fan of the ships in your mod. However, I'd like to make a suggestion and/or request...

Your ships tend to use up a LOT more fuel than others.

Noted and changed!

...keep up the good work!

Thank you, I am happy to provide! New release is coming real soon, I'm sorry its taking so long to get ready.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:49:28 PM by Foxer360 »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Citadel v0.7.4 - Full Integration! [11/15]
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2014, 02:28:25 PM »

New version! Mostly fixes and misc. changes in this update, but don't worry, new stuff will come!

0.7.4 Changelog:
Spoiler
Code
+Added Citadel Prime/Citadel Station interaction dialogue pictures, courtesy of tryingtofly @ deviantart
-Adjusted ship stats to match vanilla changes
-Nerfed the Bastion Shield system by increasing the hard flux generation rate
-Improved the stats of the Seirra to compensate for the Bastion Shield nerfs.
-Updated missile engines to use new trails
-Buffed all missiles to match vanilla
-Buffed Diode PD to match vanilla missile buffs
-Fixed Plasma Blaster hardpoint barrel offsets
-Buffed Neutron/Proton bomber wings to be faster/flux capable
-Zeus is now a large energy
*Fixed Power Cruise AI Bug
[close]

^click^

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »

Minor recommendation: Bump up the Stable-class freighter's fuel consumption to 2. Since it carries double the cargo of the largest small freighter, it should probably burn double the fuel for the sake of balance. Besides that... yeah, the rest of the changes look pretty inline with ship abilities.

EDIT: You may have also fudged the numbers with the Diode PD. Highest rate-of-fire and most energy efficient weapon in the game now, and requires very long recharge times. Not sure if that's intentional or not.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:45:11 PM by Regularity »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2014, 07:41:40 PM »

Hotfix for some minor issues that I overlooked. It was going to happen anyways, wasn't it!

0.7.4 Changelog:
Code
-Fixed unused Shaderlib files.
-Stable nerfed to a 125 from 200 supply cap and 900 from 1000 flux cap
-Nerfed the Bastion Shield system AGAIN by increasing the hard flux generation rate

^click^

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Citadel v0.7.4b - Full Integration! [11/15]
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »

File blocked for violation. I've noticed that mediafire has been taking down a ton of star sector mods, what gives?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »

There does not seem to be a block on my end. Perhaps it is the country you live in? In any case, creating a mirror might help. I will get to it as soon as humanly possible!

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »

Huh, well, now it's working. Weird.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2014, 09:48:30 PM »

Huh, yeah that is wierd  ::)

Anyhoo, enjoy Citadel :)

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »

This is more just my personal opinion than a bug or anything, but is there any chance you could boost the spawn rate for higher-end frigates on the Citadel worlds? Some of the best ones, like the Conduit or Aural, I've either never once seen for sale -- or they're so rare I never manage to find one until I'm past using frigates fleets and am already primarily using cruiser-based fleets. Don't know if this is just me or I'm plain unlucky.

Also, maybe consider nerfing the Stable's fuel capacity? I play several mods, and with the exception of tankers and that one phase frigate from vanilla, no other frigate-class ship has more than 80 fuel cap. At 150 fuel cap each, the few Stables I use for carrying loot or cargo also mean I never need to use tankers. The Stable already has a nearly 50% cargo advantage over the next best small freighter, so the huge fuel cap on top seems like it's going from awesome ship to outright overpowered. Maybe consider two variants of the Stable -- one that has nerfed cargo for its higher fuel cap, the other which keeps its current cargo.

And possibly bump up the initial purchase cost (or, its upkeep cost via logistics or crew requirements). As I mentioned it carries 50% more than its nearest competitor, but if it has almost identical purchase cost and upkeep cost, there's never any reason to buy any other small freighter besides the Stable.

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »

I like what I've seen of this so far; the relative strength of the content seems a bit high, although not insanely so.  I buy the "high cost" as a balancing factor to some extent - OP is a great way to limit powerful weapons/ships, but buying price doesn't really come into the equation when it's time to figure out who gets the hull breach.

I did just get ahold of a Conduit though, and as far as I can tell it's murder on (space) wheels.  I guess I need to try it out against more things but so far it seems crazily full of win. 

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2014, 05:51:19 PM »

I like what I've seen of this so far; the relative strength of the content seems a bit high, although not insanely so.  I buy the "high cost" as a balancing factor to some extent - OP is a great way to limit powerful weapons/ships, but buying price doesn't really come into the equation when it's time to figure out who gets the hull breach.

Why thank you! The ship powerfulness must be me compensating for my playstyle... Sorry! I would love to hear any feedback on how to tone them down (I'm leaning to nerfing the logisitcal capacities like supplies and fuel due to their small sizes, making freighters absolutely critical). I'm also adding a High-Matainence-like hullmod that makes the better (Nova, Conduit, ect) Citadel ships consume about a quarter of their supplies per day cost.

I did just get ahold of a Conduit though, and as far as I can tell it's murder on (space) wheels.  I guess I need to try it out against more things but so far it seems crazily full of win. 

It is probably the best anti-frigate/anti-superfrigate superfrigate in existence. Next update will probably increase its CR costs a bit. (Don't forget that new high matainence hullmod too).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23