Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Next feature?

More missions.
- 5 (9.1%)
A new system.
- 12 (21.8%)
More ships.
- 38 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.7a] Citadel v0.8.3  (Read 263034 times)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.5a] Citadel v0.7.3 - A Brave New World! [10/26]
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »

I'm glad you are enjoying it, Plasmatic!

True, they don't have enemies,  but you start out semi friendly with them and can trade with them to gain favors. I have plans for an opposing faction in their system, however...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:18:50 PM by Foxer360 »

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

True, they don't have enemies,  but you start out semi friendly with them and can trade with them to gain favors. I have plans for an opposing faction in their system, however...

I can never figure out exactly what I need to be trading to gain favor.. is it over a certain credit limit or?

Either way I have the console commands mod so I just made everyone hate them :)

But for the sake of simplicity in replays, where do I find their relationship to other factions? I've looked and I can't seem to find anything in the faction/world files.. but I really don't know what I am looking for.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:37:35 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2014, 09:44:18 AM »

I can never figure out exactly what I need to be trading to gain favor.. is it over a certain credit limit or?

But for the sake of simplicity in replays, where do I find their relationship to other factions? I've looked and I can't seem to find anything in the faction/world files.. but I really don't know what I am looking for.
Have you tried checking the Factions tab in-game? It's in Intel, second tab.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »

Have you tried checking the Factions tab in-game? It's in Intel, second tab.

Yes.. I know about that, but I am talking about the mod files that define their ingame relationships so that I can set the factions they are allies and enemies with.

For example setting them to dislike the tri-tachyon so that a non trader could hunt tri-tachyon in order to gain favor with them.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »

Plasmatic, the file with the defined relationships is in a ccomplied JAR. I'll upload a quick fix today to make them hostile with the Hegemony, Sindrian Diktat and pirates, while adding a pirate station in Citadel's asteriod belt

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2014, 12:35:06 PM »

Plasmatic, the file with the defined relationships is in a ccomplied JAR. I'll upload a quick fix today to make them hostile with the Hegemony, Sindrian Diktat and pirates, while adding a pirate station in Citadel's asteriod belt

Ah, so nothing I'll be tinkering with anytime soon :)

Thank you very much, that will help immensly!

On a side note, I just got a hold of the conduit.. I think the berserker system could do without the turning speed bonus, the ship together with it's already very fast turning gets pretty hard to control without using "aim at the mouse" thingy.. I noticed it increases fire rate, how does that work for beam type weapons? like the tactical laser?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:54:28 PM by Plasmatic »
- Maurice Switzer

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »

On a side note, I just got a hold of the conduit.. I think the berserker system could do without the turning speed bonus, the ship together with it's already very fast turning gets pretty hard to control without using "aim at the mouse" thingy.. I noticed it increases fire rate, how does that work for beam type weapons? like the tactical laser?

I'm pretty sure it won't have an effect on beam weapons. Should work for burst beam weapons though.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2014, 01:52:03 PM »

Ah, so nothing I'll be tinkering with anytime soon

Actually, I included the source files of the jar inside my mod. Starting with an IDE like netbeans for the first time can be tricky, but maybe you already know how to code.

Ah, some feedback! Thank you! So anyways, I'll look to reducing the turn speed boost to something more manageable for players. I always use the shift key while playing, so I might be a prone to making small ships too maneuverable. As for the lasers, I guess giving them a damage bonus would help.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »

Ah, so nothing I'll be tinkering with anytime soon

Actually, I included the source files of the jar inside my mod. Starting with an IDE like netbeans for the first time can be tricky, but maybe you already know how to code.

Ah, some feedback! Thank you! So anyways, I'll look to reducing the turn speed boost to something more manageable for players. I always use the shift key while playing, so I might be a prone to making small ships too maneuverable. As for the lasers, I guess giving them a damage bonus would help.

I'm kind of half and half, it depends on what weapons I have and if they are mounted in turrets or not. if they are hard points then yea, shift it is, if they are turrets I prefer not using shift.

Is it possible to give specifically beams the damage bonus? otherwise the ROF and damage bonus could make projectile based weaponry too powerful. and between a damage bonus and a ROF bonus I definitely prefer seeing more "lead" flying rather than just each doing slightly more damage..
Aka, can you keep the ROF bonus for projectile based weapons, while giving beams a damage bonus to compensate?

As far as my coding ability goes.. I can read and make the most basic changes, for instance the uncompiled files Starsector has, .json and .java but I can't write any on my own. so, I doubt I could understand any of IDE or netbeans.. I can't edit the .class files (which I assume is what you are talking about) partly because I don't have the proper editor (just using Notepad++)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:21:30 PM by Plasmatic »
- Maurice Switzer

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.5a] Citadel v0.7.3 - A Brave New World! (new dev [10/28])
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »

Alright, Dev 2 is up!

0.7.3 dev 2 changelog:
Spoiler
+Added a pirate base in the asteroid belt of the Citadel system
-Made Citadel hostile to Hegemony, Diktat and pirates
-Changed Conduits Berserker system to have a beam damage bonus, added some description in the status
[close]

Note, untill the next SS hotfix,  you must edit the economy and starmap files in vanilla to include all modded factions!  
(Both of lines you need to add are called Citadel)
^click^
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:33:05 PM by Foxer360 »

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2014, 02:46:48 AM »

Spoiler
Alright, Dev 2 is up!

0.7.3 dev 2 changelog:
Spoiler
+Added a pirate base in the asteroid belt of the Citadel system
-Made Citadel hostile to Hegemony, Diktat and pirates
-Changed Conduits Berserker system to have a beam damage bonus, added some description in the status
[close]

Note, untill the next SS hotfix,  you must edit the economy and starmap files in vanilla to include all modded factions! 

^click^
[close]

Sweet, thanks!
- Maurice Switzer

garfu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »

I just combed through the whole thread and was unable to find out what to put in the json files, eventhough you have this:

"Note, untill the next SS hotfix,  you must edit the economy and starmap files in vanilla to include all modded factions!" warning. I've done it with other mods, I've just never played this one so I don't know what the starsystem is called and whatnot...

Nevermind, went ahead and assumed it was Citadel... Heh.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:24:02 PM by garfu »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »

Sorry for the vague instructions. I should probably fix this entire mess and solve an future problems by making the market and starmap generations all in a JAR. Enjoy!

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2014, 05:46:17 PM »

Hiya, I am just putting this link here for the author of the mod to look at. I hope it can help, and I'd really appreciate it!

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8552.0

It is in regards to the current issue of having to edit files to get factions to work, from the perspective of an end-user.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »

Sorry about the inconveniences you've had with Citadel, Tartarus. Real life has got me awfully bogged down, and I am trying really hard to find free time. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have an update to fix the economy, but I can't make any promises.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23