Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Next feature?

More missions.
- 5 (9.1%)
A new system.
- 12 (21.8%)
More ships.
- 38 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.7a] Citadel v0.8.3  (Read 263023 times)

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Foxer,

I have to say I love the mod! It is really fun for Exerelin so TY for the time you have put in. I like the art style, very stealthy looking.

If there is one thing I would like more of it's Capital ships! Otherwise great fun. Good job!

-entropy

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Haha, thanks entropy! I hope you enjoy future content as well. There will be some capitals coming up, but they are WIP.

Spoiler

The heavy cruiser thingy
[close]

Spoiler

the new Capship thingy
[close]

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hum for your new ships, do you plan to add them just like that or is it only the shape? Coz' that's kinda... Weird?

Played a bit more of Citadels, i think they could be considered as overpowered. The supply cost is negligible, same with the CR cost. Would they have extremely bad ships i could understand, but they are actually close to high-tech levels, especially the weapons.

Are you using Codex 20? That mod is always handy for balancing. I would be surprised if it rate them as balanced right now though (i don't know if Codex can rate the weapons, that could explain everything actually).

Another thing, but that's more a personal point of view here. Why the Citadel system is so far? To get there from Corvus you have to fly like 1 or 2 minute. Personaly i hate waiting stuffs like that, that's why i usually change the positioning of modded systems like the Zorgs, Nomads and Citadels to be closer to Corvus.

Then again i repeat, it's a personal opinion and if there's some lore explanation for the distance, it's fine for me. It's just that i find boring to have your system on the edge of the map as the player won't often go there.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Thanks for the input, Helmut!

Of course, they are only the outlines. I would be crazy to put them in like that.

Thanks for the tip on OP. I planned to redo the logistical stats for all of my stuff anyways. They should have midline stats in my opinion. It's just fitting for the lore, for they are low tech\high tech mashups. You can remove all armor plates for any ship, and rreplace them in an instant, but the engines would take longer than that.

The lore implies that Citadel is a relatively remote system, kinda like PACK. That was necessary to have an isolated startup.

Did you even read the lore? Just wondering...

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Did you even read the lore? Just wondering...

I did, quickly. Well, very quickly i have to admit. I just remembered that they were basically mercenaries...

Then again, after reading more thoroughly the lore, i don't see why they should be so far from anyone. After the collapse, most of the sector map would have needed to be redone and because of the lack of Citadel space presence, they ended up unnoticed, which explain the lack of visitors like the Hegemony and the Tri-Tachyons. They don't need to be far away to be unnoticed, space is big enough for this.  And the comparison with PACK worlds is weird as Canis isn't really that far from Corvus (in USs that is, don't remember in vanilla).

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

New update is up!

Grab the latest version here!

Changes:
Changed the Campaign fleet indicator color to the a light blue. Very flashy!
Stats changed across the board. Is it good? Any changes you would recommend changes of any sort? Please do!
 -Armor standardized
 -Shields reduced, some shields nerfed/improved
Weapon price changes!
Fixed weird projectile behavior with Rotunda Accelerator!
The viper has a much beefier sound now!
Added a new ship, the Quasar strike frigate. It won't be in Exerelin until there is an update on Zahpide's part. (Dude, it has a plasma flamethrower! And yes, it is a tiny version of the Marathon. Will include lore/reasons in a short while.)
Spoiler
[close]
Changed the weapons for the Arrowhead wing into something less pathetic.
Switched up some things here and there...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:26:29 PM by Foxer360 »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I just noticed, all your fighters wings have a CR cost of 25% so they barely have any ship replacement. For comparison the Talon have a 4% CR cost. Also, the Wayfarer is named as a frigate but the game consider it as a Destroyer (it can have 20 OP in flux).

I played more of the campaign until i encountered a very annoying bug. I don't know if it come from your mod though. Basically your flagship engines suddenly stop working in the battle, i can turn, strafe and go backward but not forward. The only way to fix it is to enable the autopilot but sometimes it goes autopilot enabled and autopilot disabled at the same time, preventing the AI to take control of it. The problem still persist when i switch flagship during battle.

I played with the Exigency mod and the Altari, so it could come from there, as MesoTroniK use a gazillion scripts for his mod and some bugs may still be here. I don't know for etherealblade though.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

Helmut I doubt that error came from my mod, I've never seen anything like that even with very long campaign plays. Its true my mod is scripted like crazy, but even if they contained bugs they should not do anything like you described.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

My mod doesn't use any scripts at all, and MesoTroniK's doesn't play with the controls... I don't know what I can do about it!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I diasbled your mod, haven't seen the bug since. Welp, maybe because i was screwing around with dev-mode, the game didn't liked it...

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Hoo boy, there is a LOT of stuff being changed in the dev version. Also, I would in debt to the person who reports/reveiws the ship strengths. I am really frustrated with the balance Codex, its been pooping all over my computer, complaining about harpoon mrm projectiles when I haven't even touched them!

Ah, well, time to start working on the Crusader destroyer I guess. It's about time I fill in the gap of destroyers. Speaking of which, I am going to make the dwarf class frigate bigger, cause it is really tiny for a frigate. There is a civilian freighter planned, which will replace the current buffaloes as a dedicated logistics ship.

Until next time...

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

New version, updated link is in OP.

* 0 Flux beam weaponry glitch!
- Major ship balance pass
- Plasma Lance is now a beam
- Cleaned up the Light Destroyer sprite a bit
+,- Misc. Stuff, new sound for revolver autogun, weapon stats

I have many plans, but life is slow going, and I want to get this balance update out!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:40:44 PM by Foxer360 »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Citadel - v0.5.4- Balance Update! (Feedback wanted!) [Exerelin]
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »

Argh... must... finish... dreadnaught... sprite... Then I may rest in peace.  :'(

Also, stuff has been added/tweaked. How's that for vague? Finally, sorry for the month long wait. I have been extremely busy in RL with finals, SATs and the whole lot. :(

Reveiws are still very much appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:46:08 PM by Foxer360 »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »

I'll just leave this here...

Spoiler
[close]

Kitbash help is from HELMUT. He is way to awesome.

Shellster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »

Those look fantastic! Nice job to you and HELMUT :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23