Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] P.A.C.K. v0.17 [ShaderLib support with Normal Maps]  (Read 48258 times)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] P.A.C.K. v0.11
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »

boooot

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »

Or he's using a really derpy translater
I really don't know what I'm doing...

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »

W@hat d03s it s@y?

S0rry f0r th3 der@il

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2014, 05:21:51 PM »

The picture, Mr.Amber, not the text.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 12:14:53 PM »

So I added in the new versions of PACK, ASP, and Junk Pirates before realizing that something about the new versions interfered with Exerelin. After removing them, Exerelin worked fine. Seems to have to do with character creation perhaps? When I had them enabled, the exerelin character creation process would be replaced with the vanilla one.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »

So I added in the new versions of PACK, ASP, and Junk Pirates before realizing that something about the new versions interfered with Exerelin. After removing them, Exerelin worked fine. Seems to have to do with character creation perhaps? When I had them enabled, the exerelin character creation process would be replaced with the vanilla one.

Hey, Nanao-kun, thanks for the report.

You could try deleting the CharacterCreationPluginImpl files in the relevant .\mods\...\data\scripts\plugins\. folders?

They are not important for the mods themselves (primarily provide a means for a debug ship/fleet when testing campaign mode), but other than that, I'm not too sure (I have only really done pretty minor alterations recently). I think I remember stripping out the ASP plugin previously, however, because it wasn't supposed to be there anyway - so it could be that - but I haven't touched ASP in so long I just plain darn can't remember.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 04:15:33 PM »

Hey, Nanao-kun, thanks for the report.
I deleted them and the problem went away.

Thanks for the help!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 09:26:28 PM »

Just to clarify;

The CharacterCreationPlugin that is used by StarSector is the one from the first (alphabetically sorted) mod. If a mod that starts with something before 'Exerelin' then the Exerelin mods CharacterCreationPlugin will not be used.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of StarSector (which I assume will be fixed later). For now, I think you should be able to just rename the CharacterCreationPlugin file extension from .java to .rename (or similar) to stop it loading. Easier to rename back later :)

Golol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2014, 06:58:43 AM »

I really like the lore and the feel that playing PACK gives you. good work!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] P.A.C.K. v0.13
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »

Update to v0.13.

- Updated ship graphics for Ridgeback, Sharpei, BRT, Komondor, Samoyed(s)
- Added 6 no. portraits for the PACK
- Added some specific ship names that are appropriate for the PACK
- More missions

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] P.A.C.K. v0.13
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 04:00:39 PM »

DIARY ENTRY - CELLIST THOMAS SELLECK (DATE NOT RECORDED)

They have taken my home.

The place where my brother, sister and I grew up.

The seat by the fountain where I used to dream of one day performing to an appreciative and educated crowd.

Gone.

Chewed up and reconstituted into one of those howling, throbbing, fire-throwing abominations.  An affront to our society, a symbol of a war that we won. A war that we walked away from.

They are telling us now that we need to leave this planet, take our children away and make them taste another, emptier life in another part of this now-frigid and tarnished universe.

I do not know whether I can bring myself to go. I believe them when they say we have passed a point of no return, but my Father taught me that you should live with your mistakes. What was the mistake, I wonder - Was it our own, selfish, unveiling? Or was it the judgment and actions of our administration following that exercise?

I may never find out. I will ask those that are leaving to remember.

And to form the glistening marascheno atop my bronzed, fluffed cake - removing my home gave the war some more false hope.

Our family had been living attached to and partially around a rather large spacefaring vessel - the likes of which sent the local Envoy in to near palpitations.

Increasingly I grow weary. Life goes on. Remember our mistakes.

MASTIFF-CLASS CRUISER *COMING SOON*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:57:16 PM by mendonca »

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] P.A.C.K. v0.14
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »

She's beautiful ...

PACK v0.14 update (see OP)

- mastiff class cruiser added.

Heavy front-facing armament, including a large energy mount, 4 small energy, 2 small and 2 medium missiles. Has a decent enough flux reserve (it can reasonably mount a plasma cannon, just about).

Probably weighs in somewhere between the Falcon and the Eagle, depending on the loadout, and much like either of those raptors, gets jets.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 06:31:05 AM »

Added to the patch dev, and I must admit that the sprites look so damn good now. I was watching my BRT super up close while playing UsS, the details are really well done and the overall style fits perfectly with vanilla and vanilla weapons. Kudos, as always.

EDIT: The pitbull is by far the most underrated ship on the forums. That thing is a beast. On a side note, you plan on adding shaderlib support for the weapons lights? That'd be cool.

EDIT2: I believe that the only ship that kind of needs a bit of work at this point, on the details, is the Bedlington. All the others are stellar, really.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:35:01 AM by Uomoz »

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »

Thanks dude :)

Yeah, I do intend to add support for shaderlib, let me see if I can find time in the next week or so to push out some general updates including lightning support. Probably not normals and materials though, would like to have a go at that, but want to make sure I do it some kind of justice.

And yeah, I agree about the Bedlington, will have a pass at that as well as intoducing the Schnauzer.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »

Has anyone seen my DAMN CELLO?

Pack v015 released, see OP, Shaderlib support added.

Schnauzer frigate added
Updated Bedlington Sprite
Updated Shar Pei sprite
Shaderlib now required (lighting information added, normals / materials not yet implemented)

Let me know any issues, appears to be all working my end!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4