Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Restricting Hull Mods to Certain Stations  (Read 2002 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Restricting Hull Mods to Certain Stations
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »

I definitely feel like this has been suggested before but searching the forums turned up nothing. I would like to suggest restricting certain hullmods to certain stations (fully modable of course)

This could give you a reason to go deep into enemy territory to reach that one black market trader who will give you ITU or augmented engines or whatever

Alternatively, buying blueprints that will let you make said modifications.

I have been reading the First Light Chronicles recently and would love to be able to journey out for tech and bring it home kind of thing

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Restricting Hull Mods to Certain Stations
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »

how would that even work ? hullmods are already pretty well tied into the skill system

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:40:39 PM »

Hm... I'd think this would be doable next version, actually.  We can make an individual hull mod available or not via code, and we can mod the I'm-talking-to-a-station UI; combine those two effects together, and it'd be easy to make it so that you can only add some specific hull mod when you're at some specific station.

Blueprints might be doable now, but that's probably slightly more complicated to implement.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »

I'd rather see rare weapons and ships purchaseable in certain stations. Or blueprints of them. Like, collecting 3 blueprints for weapon x allows you to build it.
Although it'd be nice to have some hard to get, non-skill-based hull mods I guess. As long as the current system isn't touched. :)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »

I'd rather see rare weapons and ships purchaseable in certain stations. Or blueprints of them. Like, collecting 3 blueprints for weapon x allows you to build it.
Although it'd be nice to have some hard to get, non-skill-based hull mods I guess. As long as the current system isn't touched. :)

yeah, I guess it would be better to add new stuff than to change what already exists. I do like the idea of collecting blueprints.

maybe restricting the hullmods like that would be better off for a story driven mod much farther down the road. guess that gives me a reason to start learning how to mod the game

miro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 03:38:51 AM »

I quite like this idea, the concept that the pirate armada has the facilities to fit a hardened shield generator to a hyperion seems a little out of place.

On a different note, I would also like it if you could only install hull mods at stations, instead of while flying through space.
Hey brah.

rex

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »

I sort of like the flip side, being able to install not yet unlocked hull mods at specific stations. Particularly with interstellar travel, it would make flying out to some super advanced tri-tayc / black tech pirate shipyard in the boonies pretty rewarding.