Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 299605 times)

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Beta 2.2 Released)
« Reply #405 on: January 14, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »

With the new mod that you're working on as a sequel to Ascendency (don't recall the name) the Coalition is coming from a DIFFERENT solar system right?

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:13 AM »

With the new mod that you're working on as a sequel to Ascendency (don't recall the name) the Coalition is coming from a DIFFERENT solar system right?
Nope--in Dominion, the Eskel team up with their Lemurian buddies (who are from a different solar system, yes) in order to fight off the Terran invasion fleets that are wreaking havoc through the Large Magellanic Cloud.

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 15, 2013, 02:33:38 PM »

Where did the Terran invasion fleets come from? Did the Lemurians get to another solar system through sub-light drives?

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 15, 2013, 03:00:43 PM »

No, the Lemurians have no relation to the Eskel--they come from a system about 400 light-years away. The Terrans, of course, come from Earth, in the Milky Way.

These'll explain more in-depth:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=642.msg72741#msg72741
And this page: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=642.345

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 15, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »

My mistake I used the wrong name, when I said Coalition I was talking about the Terran Dominion. Since they came all the way from the Milky Way I assume they have FTL drives.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Beta 3 Released)
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2013, 08:13:41 PM »

Beta 3 Released!
Full version:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/ascendency-Beta_3-full.zip

Lite Version (No music):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/ascendency-Beta_3-lite.zip

Warning: if you have an old or integrated graphics card and get a startup crash, please download the following fix:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/smallplanettextures.zip

B.3 changes:

-New ship systems:

-Magnetic plating:
      -Trades weapon power for increased armor.
      -Niathus, Luxara, Telanitan.
      -Note: Flux management on these ships is now important.

-Assault Mode:
      -Trades speed and armor for significant weapon power.
      -Scug, Theiper
      -Note: Flux management on these ships is now important.

-Auxiliary Thrust:
      -Trades armor power for increased speed.
      -Sikiraa, Ulnatan

-Fire Control Array:
      -Projects a field around the ship that provides an accuracy and range bonus to friendly ships.
      -Cerija

All systems have full AI support.

-New sounds for heavy weapon impacts.
-Probably some other things I can't remember.

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 11, 2013, 08:32:33 PM »

Where did teh updates go =(

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 12, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »

Eh, no real need to update it. It's feature-complete for Starsector's current state of development.

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »

but...but... :'(

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 31, 2013, 01:57:44 PM »

Ahh, there's always more to do :P.

And btw, what's up with the LPC-600 and the LPC-600x2. Something seems a little off there.

Balancing is just a fun time isn't it :).

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 31, 2013, 07:11:05 PM »

Ahh, there's always more to do :P.
Yes, but not until the game is updated :P

And btw, what's up with the LPC-600 and the LPC-600x2. Something seems a little off there.
The LPC-600 X2 is basically two LPC-600s slapped together with some slightly improved stats, namely less OPs.

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2013, 07:08:28 PM »

Alrighty  im curious to see what you got planned next,  when i first started this mod i was like "almost no ones got shields anyone with balistics

is gonna screw up my ships, better be thiiei!" then that evolved to " missles all the way with darkoth spam.". now its "lyseti lazors plus KTA

missiles = win." I find that FC-LPAC to be the most efficient energy weapon, enough to replace my meidium mounts with. Is the ESK arsenal gonna

expand or get buffed? its just a little strange a shuttle and transport company has such advanced hardware over a military based almost entirely

on energy.

(on a side note i tried playing HW2 in the orbit of god, it dun work >_<. when i try to start a skirmish it just quits. title screen comes up fine)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:12:57 PM by zeno0010 »

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 05, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »

The LPC-600 X2 is basically two LPC-600s slapped together with some slightly improved stats, namely less OPs

The LPC-600x2 does the same amount of damage per second as the LPC-600, but the LPC-600x2 uses 25 flux per second rather than the 18 flux per second used by the LPC-600. The LPC-600x2 also turns slower than the LPC-600. The LPC-600x2 does a little more emp damage, but is this really worth the 3 extra op when you consider the aforementioned downsides.

Sorry to be the critical guy here. The truth is I think this mod is fabulous, and I've been thoroughly impressed by the detail you've put into it. I love the combat style that you created by taking shields out of the equation, and the artwork is amazing. My aim is only to try to improve the mod, and I'm sorry if it comes across as annoying.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 05, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »

The LPC-600x2 does the same amount of damage per second as the LPC-600, but the LPC-600x2 uses 25 flux per second rather than the 18 flux per second used by the LPC-600. The LPC-600x2 also turns slower than the LPC-600. The LPC-600x2 does a little more emp damage, but is this really worth the 3 extra op when you consider the aforementioned downsides.
Hmm, looking at the stats now, you're right. I'll make a note to fix that up.

Sorry to be the critical guy here. The truth is I think this mod is fabulous, and I've been thoroughly impressed by the detail you've put into it. I love the combat style that you created by taking shields out of the equation, and the artwork is amazing. My aim is only to try to improve the mod, and I'm sorry if it comes across as annoying.
No need to apologize, I don't cry when people tell me I did something wrong :P Thanks for your interest and feedback.

Alrighty  im curious to see what you got planned next,  when i first started this mod i was like "almost no ones got shields anyone with balistics

is gonna screw up my ships, better be thiiei!" then that evolved to " missles all the way with darkoth spam.". now its "lyseti lazors plus KTA

missiles = win." I find that FC-LPAC to be the most efficient energy weapon, enough to replace my meidium mounts with. Is the ESK arsenal gonna

expand or get buffed? its just a little strange a shuttle and transport company has such advanced hardware over a military based almost entirely

on energy.

(on a side note i tried playing HW2 in the orbit of god, it dun work >_<. when i try to start a skirmish it just quits. title screen comes up fine)

For what I have planned next, I can't really say at the moment. As I've said quite a bit now, Ascendency is mostly done. The content that I want is all there, and while there may be a fair bit of tweaks and edits once 0.6 releases, there probably won't be a drastic amount of new content.

One thing I'll probably be doing in the future is merging Dominion and Ascendency into a multi-layered mod, giving the user the choice of what time period they want to play the campaign in. Once I truly start working on Dominion, it will probably be best if both mods were built into each other, as they use the same basic framework.

As for Lyseti, yeah, they're kind of weird. I might be nerfing some of their stuff in the future.

Edit: Don't play the Homeworld 2 mod. It's terrible.

Also, just feel like bouncing an idea around: does anyone have an opinion on RPG-like "build-quality" for weapons? For example, a Coalition Light Pulse Cannon might have three different versions, each one better than the last in basic statistics. Think of Mass Effect 1's weapon system, where each gun had like 10 different versions, the higher the better. I'm kind of torn between going that route, or going the opposite route, and removing several of weapons and making the ones that still exist more defined.

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 06, 2013, 01:27:53 AM »

Balancing is cool, when I think about it there isn't really much to *expand* on.

As for weapon variants (just throwing this out there) maby when you join a faction you would have access to like a military station only in said faction, like the commercial station but has the better updated versions of said weapons. Like say you join kta, a military station would spawn near their world near the regular station and has advanced hardware that the normal station doesn't.

you already integrated elite fleets so maybe the only way the other factions could get premium hardware would be to raid those fleets or the storage fleets moving to the military stations. It would be cool if you could somehow restrict access from other stations, that way you could still have supply fleets but that seems a lot to code so then yeah you can only raid elite fleets.

I would be totally down for expensive variant's.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:04:18 AM by zeno0010 »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37