Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 300268 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Alpha 5.1 Released)
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »

look im a noob i downloaded ascedancy ignored the update readme and accidently deleted a file marked "ACM" from the mods folder i then correctly installed ascedancy. i have a lot of mods installed and i dont know how to look at the starfarer log and i just relized i scheduled two important things at the same time. and i havent found a spriter for my mod.  I AM #!%
I believe the "ACM" folder is the Ironclads mod, so you might want to re-download that.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »

VES-1330 is excellent drone - too excellent and maybe even OP with only 2 fleet points for wing. It is deserved tranformation to ship system :]

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »

go you know how to open the starfarer error log

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:43 AM »

VES-1330 is excellent drone - too excellent and maybe even OP with only 2 fleet points for wing. It is deserved tranformation to ship system :]
Hmm. Maybe they just seem like garbage to me because I only ever seem to face them with shielded ships. Either way, they'd be better as a ship system in my eyes.

go you know how to open the starfarer error log
With Notepad.

Also:

Lyseti Emite-class Transport:

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2012, 01:41:11 PM »

dakka dakka dakka

Thiian Ithia-class Battleship (Ritiak to the right for size comparison):

The Ritiak goes for quality over quantity, boasting five large mounts. However, the Ithia goes for quantity over quality, with three large mounts, 6 medium mounts, 11 small mounts, 4 medium missile mounts, and a single fight deck. Overpowered? Yes. Rare? Yes. Expensive as hell? Double-yes.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »

Thiian Ithia-class Battleship

The Ritiak goes for quality over quantity, boasting five large mounts. However, the Ithia goes for quantity over quality, with three large mounts, 6 medium mounts, 11 small mounts, 4 medium missile mounts, and a single fight deck. Overpowered? Yes. Rare? Yes. Expensive as hell? Double-yes.

sweeeet cosmos, nice sprite you have there.
really really good, nice depth and AA and all, really well done.

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »

i having some trouble updating ascedany can you give me a step by step

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2012, 05:30:06 PM »

i having some trouble updating ascedany can you give me a step by step
Go to your Starfarer mods directory, and open the Ascendency folder. In there, you'll see three other folders: Data, Graphics, and Sounds. Now, open up the .zip file for the patch. Copy the data and graphics folder from the .zip file into Ascendency's main folder, clicking yes to overwrite/merge.

sweeeet cosmos, nice sprite you have there.
really really good, nice depth and AA and all, really well done.
Glad you like it :)
The "Deutsch-saucer" sprites that you made for your own mod are really nice too.

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »

im still getting an error

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »

Then I'd suggest re-downloading it and doing a clean install; there's really not much else I can do to help you.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »

Well, I know combat music doesn't currently work and Alex doesn't plan on implementing it in .53a, but I made this track:

It's a remix from an old game called Fury 3, but god damn, it had some amazing music. The main title theme was also inspired by the game Hellbender, which was Fury 3's sequel. Maybe I should try to make something original next time. Oh well. I still think it'll be a nice track to fight to, even if it lacks originality :P

Or maybe I could just make it a campaign track if anyone wants.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »

Well, I know combat music doesn't currently work and Alex doesn't plan on implementing it in .53a

Pssst - it'll actually work in 0.53a. Just got that working today - was touching some related code anyway.

That sounds great, btw. I think it also really goes with the feel of Ascendency - for some reason, something techno-like just seems appropriate. Don't ask me why :)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »

Pssst - it'll actually work in 0.53a. Just got that working today - was touching some related code anyway.
Alex, I believe I've said this before, but: I love you.

That sounds great, btw. I think it also really goes with the feel of Ascendency - for some reason, something techno-like just seems appropriate. Don't ask me why :)
Thanks, glad you enjoy it  :) And as for the genre--I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't tell you how many games I turn the music off in just because they have the same sad, wailing orchestral soundtrack with no defining characteristics whatsoever (Not to say I hate all orchestral music; Dawn of War 1/2's soundtracks were good). It's nice to hear something out of the ordinary in video games and movies, and that's what I'm trying to do here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2012, 07:51:41 PM »

I probably shouldn't tell you that there's also a hullmod that adds shields to a shieldless ship, or you'll start stalking me :)

... I was waiting for some sounds from Stian and had a bit of time to do some lower-priority things.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »

Oh God that makes me so happy. Is that an actual hullmod going into the game, or is it just that such a hullmod is now a possibility?

Any other "things" I should know about?  :D
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37