Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 299667 times)

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Alpha 5.1 Released)
« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »

Anyone else using OSX found the 5.1 patch to be a Mainstage (Garage Band) application?

I can't use it :P
lulwut. That's strange. You can't just rename the file extension?

Well, what's the original extension? It's reading it as a .patch

flopsies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2012, 11:16:10 PM »

"in the orbit of god" isnt this a mod for Homeworld 2? I remember seeing this on Moddb...

Strifen

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »

"in the orbit of god" isnt this a mod for Homeworld 2? I remember seeing this on Moddb...
Ascendency can be considered a sequel to the original In the Orbit of God, a conversion for the game Homeworld 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/in-the-orbit-of-god
yes

Also, great mod, eagerly awaiting future versions that will come as Stararer progresses.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »

It's just a .zip file. I'll rename the download though so your computer doesn't confuse it for something it isn't.

Edit: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/Asc_5.1_Patch.zip

There, that should work.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:15:39 AM by Psiyon »

Tarkets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »

Your mod owns, it's easily my favorite out of everything the community has put out so far.

Random question, is there a reason the pc portrait got changed? Not that there's anything wrong with the newer one

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »

It's just a .zip file. I'll rename the download though so your computer doesn't confuse it for something it isn't.

Edit: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/Asc_5.1_Patch.zip

There, that should work.

Thank you, that works fine.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2012, 02:12:09 PM »

@cardgame: Good to hear.

Your mod owns, it's easily my favorite out of everything the community has put out so far.

Random question, is there a reason the pc portrait got changed? Not that there's anything wrong with the newer one
Glad you like it. :)

I changed the portrait because the earlier one sucked and was just an experiment using Saints Row III's character creator for reference material. All the current portraits in the game used EVE Online's character creator for reference, which is much better. Still, I'm not 100% happy with Tysia's current portrait. Something irks me about it. Oh well.

---

I know I said I was shifting away from Ascendency for a little while, but I got the sudden urge to re-master the background with my improved painting skills.

(Warning: ungodly huge image)

The Milky Way now actually looks like a galaxy, the nebula looks better, and the strangely absent Small Magellanic Cloud is now there.

Maybe I'll release 5.2 with the new backgrounds in a day or so.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2012, 05:27:26 AM »

I noticed a small oversight - Esk Luxara-class Assault cruiser have 121/115 OP by default. Also it looks like Telanitan-class heavy frigate is never sold at Esk base, maybe i just unlucky with this particular ship :]

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »

I added the new high-rez background download to the first page.

High-rez Background: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/Asc_5.1_Background.zip
(Warning - 5200x5200 image file, there's a possibility that this will not work on older graphics cards.)

I noticed a small oversight - Esk Luxara-class Assault cruiser have 121/115 OP by default. Also it looks like Telanitan-class heavy frigate is never sold at Esk base, maybe i just unlucky with this particular ship :]

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to fix both for the next version.

Xumtosis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »

Might have found a bug.
-There may be an issue with the High-Rez background. When using that graphic, Right after I exit a battle, It seems the background goes white, and the main menu's background seems to have it's colors inverted. Works fine without the High-Rez textures though.-

Now that we got that out of the way, I do have to say, Well done with the mod. I personaly prefer a more gritty, and rough style, somewhat like in the vanilla game, But I do have to say it looks great. The style is quite nice, The lore and backstory is a nice touch, and it's all around well done. The gameplay feels rather polished and slick. It's a nice mod to play when I don't feel like the usual massive Battleships and such. The emphasis on speed and precision over brute force and amror feels different, In a good way.

So I would suggest anyone thinking about trying the mod to do it. It's a well thoughout, and well made mod.

Enough of my rambling. Good job, Well Done, Keep up the good work, and all that.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »

Thanks for the compliments :)

Yeah, the high-rez background might be screwy for some people. Alex said it might not work so well due to its size; apparently he was somewhat correct, though it works fine for me.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »

so i herd u liek capital ships

Hopefully that'll get turned into Thiiei's battleship eventually.

Anyway, stuff is happening again.

I've simplified the paycheck system immensely--you no longer have to cash your checks at stations; the funds are instead deposited directly into your account.

The next release will probably be the beta. I'm hoping to get the Lyseti in-game, as well as perhaps muck around with diplomacy and relations, and also contract-related stuff. After the beta, I'll probably cease adding any major content into Ascendency, for good.

So what comes after Ascendency is finished?

Dominion.

Dominion will take place about 20 years after the inter-orbital war in the eskel's system, and will be centered on a war in which the Lemurian Empire and their Thiian Confederation allies fight for their lives against the ruthless cybernetic-infused abominations known only as the Terrans, hailing from the Milky Way.

While I can't give many specifics as Starfarer's incomplete state leaves much of the concept fuzzy, I can say this: it'll be the same gritty and brutal combat you're familiar with. Many eskel ships will probably get cut out to make room for Lemurian and Terran ships; existing ships will be upgraded, and some new state-of-the-art eskel ships will be added.

If possible, the story will revolve around the player, an immortal Lemurian Fleet Lord, and their efforts to save the Large Magellanic Cloud from the Terran threat. I'd love to have concrete victory/defeat endings, and base the campaign on a sort of race against time, in which you have to do everything in your power to stop the Terrans before your civilization is completely annihilated.

But, that all remains to be seen. For now, I'm still focusing on Ascendency.

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »

this mod is great but it needs a pirate like faction thats always hostile im thinking reavers like

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »

this mod is great but it needs a pirate like faction thats always hostile im thinking reavers like
The Okouth and KTA are always hostile to you.

herp derp Lyseti ships:

Interceptor:

Shuttle:

Frigate:

Would anyone object to me removing the VES-1330s as a standalone unit? They'd be better as PD drones for an Okouth ship system, in my opinion. I hate those drones.

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »

look im a noob i downloaded ascedancy ignored the update readme and accidently deleted a file marked "ACM" from the mods folder i then correctly installed ascedancy. i have a lot of mods installed and i dont know how to look at the starfarer log and i just relized i scheduled two important things at the same time. and i havent found a spriter for my mod.  I AM ***
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37