Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 300246 times)

Kalinin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Alpha 2.1 Released)
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »

Loving the looks of the new ships and that you're fleshing out the minor factions. The new hullmods are going to be a real treat I think.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Alpha 2.1 Released)
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »

Woo, media dump.

Video:

This shows a lot of the newer ships in action.

Okouth Ships:

Savil Missile Frigate:

If you're flying a Ceni Six ship, be afraid of the Savil. Be very afraid. Armed with dual Splinter Missiles, this ship will overload your shields in a second if you get even a little careless.

Gara Assault Corvette:

This corvette is excellent versus fighter squadrons, and even better against armorless ships.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Alpha 3 Released)
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:23 PM »

Alpha 3 has been released! Took a bit longer than I anticipated, but the time was spent well, I feel. Progress continues with more ships, a new set of hullmods, and many more gameplay and cosmetic improvements.

Full Version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/Ascendency-A.3-Full.zip
No music: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/Ascendency-A.3-Lite.zip
(Note: Should work on Linux/Mac since Vandala kindly tested its compatibility for me)

A.3 Changes:

Major:
-8 new ships. (2 for Okouth, 2 for Ceni Six, 4 for the KTA)
-6 new weapons.
-Station rapist script - Stations will now randomly lose supplies, fuel and crew to simulate purchases made by parties other than your own.
-The majority of vanilla hullmods have been replaced by new ones.
-General speed increase for most ships.

Misc:
-1 new music track by Aes Dana - "Manifold"
-Music tracks are now all combined into one--I kept getting a bug that caused one track to loop over and over. This prevents that.
-Missile system overhaul--all missiles have been divided into large, medium, and small categories like other weapons. (It was on the one-size-fits-all system before due to lack of large missile variety)
-Faction logos replace default portraits. This is temporary until I get the chance to paint a fair amount of human portraits for the mod.
-Ordinance point limits on most ships have been slightly increased.
-Fleet points for most ships have had a slight decrease.
-Additional UI sounds.
-Some projectile speeds have had a slight decrease. Really fast projectiles were clipping through ship bounds before.
-Explosions have a redder, more hellish look.
-C.SIX-84 wings now come in squadrons of 3, increased effectiveness of their light concussion missiles.
-Craploads and craploads of other miscellaneous edits that I can't remember

Next update: The K.T.A. joins the war, and the Lyseti Trading Company and other civilian fleets will be present.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »

Urgh, I'm having issues with loading this mod up again. Don't know what causes it, it just crashes and exits to desktop as soon as it finishes loading and goes to the main menu.

EDIT:
Just finished downloading full version, so I'm gonna try again with that.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Ascendancy A3 Full worked. That loaded successfully. The logic. Where is the logic. A mod that's double the size of it's near-twin can be loaded, but it's twin can't.

TRIPLE EDIT:
A3 Full and A3 Lite don't appear to have any markers to seperate the two in the mod menu, though, with both mods installed at the moment, Lite takes second place in the list, immediately under the Full version.

QUAAAAAAAAD: I'm scared to close Starfarer incase it opens a big ol' tin of NOPE on me again.

PENTAKILL: I can haz list of soundtracks used? I don't want to move off of the menu.....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:32:43 PM by IIE16 Yoshi »

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »

Quick thing, love this mod, but the ceni six get overwhelmed very quickly and there is only one of their fleets in the whole system

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »

Ceni Six trade out durability for their ability to use shields. That said, their shields overload ridiculously quick so it's kind of moot. Still gonna carry on using them though because they have capital ships. :3

And ffffuuuuuuuu. Starfarer crashed. Just bought my 3rd C.SIX frigate, get into a fight, and it crashed while I'm looking at the victory screen.  :'(

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2012, 03:09:46 PM »

Ceni Six trade out durability for their ability to use shields. That said, their shields overload ridiculously quick so it's kind of moot. Still gonna carry on using them though because they have capital ships. :3

And ffffuuuuuuuu. Starfarer crashed. Just bought my 3rd C.SIX frigate, get into a fight, and it crashed while I'm looking at the victory screen.  :'(

I know they do, but in system, they are just plainly overwhelmed

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »

Urgh, I'm having issues with loading this mod up again. Don't know what causes it, it just crashes and exits to desktop as soon as it finishes loading and goes to the main menu.

EDIT:
Just finished downloading full version, so I'm gonna try again with that.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Ascendancy A3 Full worked. That loaded successfully. The logic. Where is the logic. A mod that's double the size of it's near-twin can be loaded, but it's twin can't.

TRIPLE EDIT:
A3 Full and A3 Lite don't appear to have any markers to seperate the two in the mod menu, though, with both mods installed at the moment, Lite takes second place in the list, immediately under the Full version.

QUAAAAAAAAD: I'm scared to close Starfarer incase it opens a big ol' tin of NOPE on me again.

PENTAKILL: I can haz list of soundtracks used? I don't want to move off of the menu.....
Lol, looks like it hates you.

I didn't bother to differentiate the two because odds are most people will only ever have one downloaded and installed.

As for the music:

Tracks are by Aes Dana and Carbon Based Lifeforms.

Title music is by CBL:
Song: Euphotic
http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/interloper

Campaign music is by Aes Dana:
Songs, in order: Undertow, Manifold (morning edit), Signs, In Between
http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/season-5
http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/manifold
http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/leylines
http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/perimeters

@Sunfire: Huh, they seem to do alright when I play it. I'll take a fast look.

argh, ninja'd.

Ceni Six trade out durability for their ability to use shields. That said, their shields overload ridiculously quick so it's kind of moot.
Stuff enough capacitors on them and they'll be a lot more durable. Alternatively, an Elite Fusion Core does the job well, as does routing engines to shields.

As I said, I think Starfarer really hates you. Does this only happen in the mod, or does it happen with normal Starfarer as well?

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »

Oh, it happens with Starfarer anyway. Crashes to desktop and Windows informs me that the display driver crashed and recovered. I'm presuming it means that the integrated graphics is overloading trying to play Starfarer cos it doesn't happen with any other games I play.

Stuff enough capacitors on them and they'll be a lot more durable. Alternatively, an Elite Fusion Core does the job well, as does routing engines to shields.

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I trade out weapon damage for extra speed. The tiny range advantage on the C.SIX lasers means I can pick fights a bit better.

[goodguygreg]
Blows up your ships. Returns weapons to your station.
[/goodguygreg]

EDIT:
http://puu.sh/xAYy

DOUBLE EDIT:
And it's NOPE'd on me again.  ??? Game, why must you despise me?

TRIPLE EDIT:
This appears to be the error that comes up when Starfarer fails to load Ascendency.
Spoiler
Code
44714 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.setSwapInterval(WindowsContextImplementation.java:113)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.setSwapInterval(Context.java:231)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setSwapInterval(Display.java:993)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setVSyncEnabled(Display.java:1005)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:42:13 PM by IIE16 Yoshi »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2012, 12:11:01 PM »

Would it be possible for you to give me the name of the last file being loaded before that error occurs?

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »

It's just the game loading textures.

Spoiler
Code
36728 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 148.29 MB of texture data so far
36730 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [/graphics/ships/luxara.png] as texture with id [/graphics/ships/luxara.png]
36742 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 148.95 MB of texture data so far
36745 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/ecjumpdock.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/ecjumpdock.png]
36749 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 149.12 MB of texture data so far
36751 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/buffalo_dd.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/buffalo_dd.png]
36755 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 149.29 MB of texture data so far
36758 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/ulnatan.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/ulnatan.png]
36767 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 149.62 MB of texture data so far
36769 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
36787 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 150.28 MB of texture data so far
36888 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
36894 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 150.29 MB of texture data so far
37011 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - ID     Calls   Duration    Percent
37012 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - --------------------------------
37015 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.setSwapInterval(WindowsContextImplementation.java:113)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.setSwapInterval(Context.java:231)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setSwapInterval(Display.java:993)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setVSyncEnabled(Display.java:1005)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2012, 01:12:18 PM »

Interesting, someone got that same error before with an earlier release. Try deleting the "particlealpha32sq.png" in the ascendency/graphics/fx folder and see if that helps.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

Just did that in the lite version, it managed to load up.

EDIT:
Is that particle alpha thing used by anything? Like, I'm not gon' crash if I happen to bump into a ship that needs to use it? D:
Cos if not, I think I'll remove it from the full one too for better stability.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:26:16 PM by IIE16 Yoshi »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »

Just did that in the lite version, it managed to load up.

EDIT:
Is that particle alpha thing used by anything? Like, I'm not gon' crash if I happen to bump into a ship that needs to use it? D:
Cos if not, I think I'll remove it from the full one too for better stability.
Yeah, you don't need it, it's just a replacement anyway.

Edit: I'll upload a new version without that particular file, as it seems to be causing some odd issues...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:46:13 PM by Psiyon »

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »

Gah, I simulataneously love you and hate you for introducing me to the artist that did all the BGM in this mod. Haven't stopped listening since you linked it earlier.

EDIT:

Spoiler
Code
        <hullMods>
          <string>advancedshieldemitter</string>
          <string>autorepair</string>
          <string>hardcocks</string>
          <string>targetingunit</string>
        </hullMods>
[close]
Really?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:45:36 AM by IIE16 Yoshi »