Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 299596 times)

Mr.FancyPants

• Ensign
  • I am just a man with some Fancy Pants
    • View Profile
Re: Thiiei's Ascendency (Alpha 1 Released)
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2012, 11:08:38 PM »

Though I haven't tested it yet, I'm also toying around with the idea of including a way to give you another option to gain money aside from just combat. If I can get convoys to dock at your storage station, presumably, you could get all the dropped content for free. If possible, I plan on setting up a cargo station that has periodic shipments of fuel and other miscellaneous items delivered to it. You can obviously sell off the fuel at other stations if you please, and you can do what you will with the other freebies that get dropped there. Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea, if you can get the deliveries to scale up over time or something similar.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Thiiei's Ascendency
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »

Another ship ingame. This one's a monster:

The Iri is one of the only true capital ships in existence. Due to their massive size and cost, nobody builds vessels much larger than a cruiser due to inadequate defense systems. Why waste half of your nation's GDP on a vessel that performs excellently, but gets torn apart after a few months of service? Fortunately, Ceni Six has the technology required for energy shielding, meaning that, if used properly, the Iri can be both a beast in combat, and a survivor.

Some notes on Alpha 2: (And sorry about removing Alpha 1, but it really hated .52a.)

-Added two new ships, the Adjutrus and Iri.

-Added a C.SIX dockyard that you can store your stuff in. It gets rare deliveries of free items, and potentially ships. However, if you attack C.SIX, you lose your dockyard. All cargo is removed, and your vessels there are impounded. (Major thanks to Apophis for providing the code to make this possible)

-Made you start next to Ujionla and your dockyard, rather than Thtiu.

-Added the C.SIX Heavy Laser Cannon, model 10. Used on the Iri.

-Added music.

-Added ship and person names for each of the four moons.

-Added red-themed UI.

-Misc edits, balance changes, etc.

I'm hoping it can be released sometime soon,  but I've got a massive amount of crap to do. Damn AP tests, senior projects, honor events and all that lovely BS. At least I've only got one more month of dealing with high school, I suppose.

One month too long.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Alpha 2 Released)
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2012, 06:05:55 PM »

Alpha 2 released: (old link removed)

Note: This is the version with music included, the file is kind of big. I'll release a lite version tomorrow with the music excluded for those with slow connections/bandwidth caps.

The mod has undergone a slight overhaul, as you'll notice that it's just now "Ascendency," instead of "Thiiei's Ascendency." The original idea was to be a part of Thiiei's navy taking on the system, but I feel that it really doesn't fit well anymore. Maybe it'll shift back to that at some point in the future, but for now, we'll see how this smaller-scale plot goes:

A Second Chance

Spoiler

You are Tysia Naghama ci Iwaka, a former commodore in the now defunct Naran Space Navy. Your world has just been ripped out from under you by the nations of the moon Bli. Angry and desperate, you respond to an offer to join the Ceni Six Corporation in the hopes that you’ll get the chance to make a difference—a difference on an orbital scale.

::Nara, Iwaka Island

The end. Who knew it was possible to wipe out an entire civilization through diplomacy?

In disgust, I walked away from the digital screen showing the representatives of Bli and Nara respectfully bowing to each other after signing the Treaty of Kraskae. I flung open the doors to my home’s balcony, and hurriedly stepped outside.

A steady wind was blowing a thick mist from the shallow, azure ocean into the jungle-covered mountains where my village was situated. The sun pierced the aqua-colored sky, and God’s blue majesty peeked over the horizon. It was beautiful. Every day, it was beautiful.

But the serenity of the scene did not calm me. I was flushed with anger: its beauty would soon be destroyed. I took my eyes away from the ocean, and looked to the moon hanging above the mountains.

Bli. They now owned my world. The ocean. The beaches. The jungles. The people.

Me.

Their subjugation was a slow, gradual process. It started right after first contact, all those years ago. They were far beyond us: we had barely started shooting satellites into orbit when their capsule landed in our ocean. Not long after, we began relying on them for everything. Space travel. Technology. Economic stability. The list was extensive.

But we still retained our culture and integrity as a people. For a time.

Six months ago was the start of the Thiian-Esk war. The Naran leaders were shaking in their boots, predicting a swift Thiian victory, and subsequently, a new war for conquest declared on us. They wanted protection. Again, they looked to the nations of Bli.

They were quick to accept.

Now, we rely on them for our safety—but it came at a cost: our independence.

Damn them all.

I turned my back on the Naran landscape, and returned inside. I grabbed a cold, potent drink, and sat. What else was there to do? The Naran Space Navy was officially dissolved—I had no employment. And though the offer was extended to me, I would have rather went to hell than become a part of Bli’s military. Unless…

Suddenly, my motivation was sparked. I switched on my tablet computer, and browsed through my messages. Two weeks ago, I had received a communiqué from an unidentified sender, saying only to contact a specified number after the Treaty of Kraskae was signed. I laughed at it then. But now I was curious—and desperate.

I routed the number to my home’s com system, and waited for a connection to establish. The computer screen noted that the call was being routed to Ujionla, an uninhabitable desert moon—strange.

There was a click. A male voice followed: “Yes?” The language was standard Naran.

I cleared my throat, and replied: “I received a rather… cryptic message telling me to call this number after the treaty was signed. I’d like to know why.”

“Depends who’s asking,” the man said apathetically.

“Former Commodore Tysia Naghama ci Iwaka.”

There was a short pause. “Ah, yes,” the man replied. “Well, Former Commodore, how would you like to repeal the first portion of your title?”

“Depends,” I said in a tone of mock-apathy.

Another pause. “You’ve heard of Ceni Six, correct?”

“Of course,” I responded. “Anyone who opposes the governments of Bli has my attention.”

“That’s good to hear. We’ve got a lot of interesting things lined up for the next few months. Interested?”

“Very,” I stated truthfully.

“Then head to Ujionla as soon as you can. I’d say more, but, even though this is a secured channel, there are… ways of getting past that.”

“I understand.” I glanced at the computer screen—three failed intrusion attempts. No way to be certain if a fourth attempt was successful for not. I had to chuckle—apparently I was deemed enough of a threat already to have my communications monitored. I was almost flattered.

“Then we’ll be expecting you. We’ll forward all necessary information your way shortly. C-Six fleet command out.”

The com went dead.

Ceni Six was a corporation that originated from Bli—they hated their government with such a passion that they moved all of their operations to Ujionla to escape rigorous taxes and regulations. They were also very sympathetic to Nara’s plight, funding those who opposed the treaty. Though I half-understood it might just be a delusion, I had high hopes. I would get to command again—and that notion was enough to warrant a look.

[close]

Again, it would be nice for someone on Mac/Linux to let me know if everything is running smoothly. Should be fine though, not a massive amount was changed from the last version.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:41:13 PM by Psiyon »

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »

What exactly does this mean for the mod?

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »

Virtually nothing for the moment.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »

Error on Linux:

Fatal: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus]
Cause: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/corvus/Corvus.java"

From my log:

12048 [Thread-7] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/corvus/Corvus.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:205)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:157)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/corvus/Corvus.java, Line 104, Column 28: Cannot determine simple type name "okouthconvoySpawnPoint"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9014)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:4631)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$10300(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitReferenceType(UnitCompiler.java:4442)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ReferenceType.accept(Java.java:2020)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4476)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:4876)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$12100(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitNewClassInstance(UnitCompiler.java:4461)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$NewClassInstance.accept(Java.java:2921)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4476)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findMostSpecificIInvocable(UnitCompiler.java:6688)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:6589)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:6488)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet2(UnitCompiler.java:3429)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$6300(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$11.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:2869)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:2831)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet(UnitCompiler.java:2890)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGetValue(UnitCompiler.java:3897)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:2326)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$3800(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$8.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:2299)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:2831)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2320)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:1353)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$800(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$5.visitExpressionStatement(UnitCompiler.java:868)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ExpressionStatement.accept(Java.java:1457)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:888)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileStatements(UnitCompiler.java:914)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:1999)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:789)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:464)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:357)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:312)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:319)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:288)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:203)
   ... 5 more

Lictuel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »

Hey there Psyon, I have been trying to poke some holes into this and i think i found one. When you loose all your ships (either by selling them or being destroyed or whatever) you will be stuck in a loop. You get the event that tells you, that you were rescued and that you get a new ship over and over again. I'm not sure if this is intended, if it is I missed the post where you said so. Otherwise this might need fixing.

The only way you can exit Starfarer after this happens, seems to be killing it via the taskmanager.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »

I was waiting for this to release! Can't wait to fly an Iri.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Commander
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:35 AM »

PLACEHOLDER POST OF TELLING YOU IF IT WORKS ON MAC OF PLACEHOLDERNESS.
I am Admiral Luna and this is my favorite game on the Internets.
"Captain! Pilum Missile's detected at 18 degrees starboard!"
"Thank you ensign, but I'm quite sure our Burst PD array can handle that"
(Chuckles around the bridge)
"It seems to be a volley of thirty-two, sir"
(Dead silence) ~ Zaga

Shazar02

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2012, 04:42:50 AM »

Personally, I don't like the mod much at all.  I wasn't able to see many easy things to kill at the start of the mod, so I fought against 2 KST (Or whatever it is, I can't remember at the moment) scouts.  After I lost to a very close battle, the mod glitched and didn't give me a ship everytime I press the OK button. So now, im in a constant cycle of non-death dieing.

However, the ships look great, the sound effects are wonderful, the new marine and pilot icons look perfect, the weapons are good, and the ship variety is good too.  Overall, it's a good mod, but I think there are some things that need to be fixed, because I can imagine myself dieing several times before even beggining to build a fleet, which is not the mod's fault, it's the fact that I suck at this game :C.

GAWDAM, MISSILES EVERYWHERE

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2012, 04:51:38 AM »

In response to the people saying things are glitching out: I've never encountered any of these errors, and it seems very unlikely they would be caused by the mod itself. You're all running on the latest patch, .52.1a, correct?

Regardless, I'll have a look when I can.

@Vandala, I'll see what I can do when I get home. Hopefully we can find a solution if you're up to it.

@Shazar02, I appreciate the feedback, positive and negative. :)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2012, 05:50:55 AM »

Yeah. The death sequence is indeed bugged (loop where you close the death pop-up and it instantly reappears forcing to close the game).

EDIT:

Rofl @ CampaignFleetAPI jesus_christ_this_would_be_so_much_easier_if_i_knew_how_to_program = null;   
     return jesus_christ_this_would_be_so_much_easier_if_i_knew_how_to_program;

EDIT2: (real feedback)

1) Imho this TC needs its own hullmods (like from scratch) as many of the vanilla ones are deeply tailored into the core vanilla mechanics (shields, ship speeds, and many other things are drastically different between ITOG and vanilla). After all everything is already custom, it's just missing the hullmods. Starting from 3-4 core hullmods and then expanding could be an idea (militarization for example, cold be in various grades).

2) Spawnrate is an issue:

Spoiler
[close]

As you can see from the image, after few in-game days, there are no "default" hostile fleets around. In this case I can'even properly attack any other faction because my fleet consists of 2 frigates and a single corvette squadron: the map may need a "pirate-like" faction (by this I mean a faction with a daily respawn and a large maxfleets cap, like pirates in vanilla that spawn 1\day and have 15 maxfleets). Players need to be "fed" with something until they can try fighting stronger fleets (imho ;)).

Again, I think this is the best Mod produced by the current SF community, and I wish it only the best.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:33:00 AM by Uomoz »

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:10 AM »

Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/corvus/Corvus.java, Line 104, Column 28: Cannot determine simple type name "okouthconvoySpawnPoint"
I've looked at line 104 but I can't find anything wrong with it. I do find it strange that this is the error since there are many other spawnpoints added, must be due to a relationship with other files. At least that's my guess.

I have found something else: Lines 328, 329, 330 and 372, 373 are not correctly aligned. I have no idea if this causes any problems.

EDIT: Found it, its just more capital letter problems. I fixed it by removing the "OkouthconvoySpawnPoint.java" file capital letter, it now looks like this "okouthconvoySpawnPoint.java"

With that the mod seems to work fine. I have not touched the other mentioned lines.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:52 AM »

Thanks for all the reports. I'll release a fix later today when I get the chance. Sorry for the horridly bugged alpha.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2012, 10:31:18 AM »

I've found a rather nasty oversight. When I lose all my ships I get the standard respawn message but no new fleet, causing endless pop-up's of respawn messages, effectively breaking the game without an option to quit.

The ships and the system look really nice but the mod itself feels sluggish.
Combat is a pain, and that's playing at half-damage, I can't imagine playing at full-damage setting.
Shields seem to be useless in this mod, they get overloaded way to fast.
There's also to few modification points to play with on your ship.
You probably need to add more smaller fleets to the game to give the player a chance.

I've only just had one play-through so far though.

EDIT: The endless pop-up's are not stopped by increasing fleet size for the respawn fleet. I don't know what's causing it.
EDIT: Lol, found it, respawn fleet ship is at "0, 0" change it to "0, 1" to fix the problem.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:38:25 AM by Vandala »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37