Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 299597 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Obsidian Void (ASC: B3) (DOM: Indev)
« Reply #480 on: August 22, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »

Hey look a space ship.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 22, 2013, 03:49:23 PM »

Shiiiiiny.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 22, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »

That's a sleek ship! Good job.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »

The sprite for the Alorum:

And another ship, the Kadan-Ihr Battlecruiser:

No fancy 3D render though, didn't feel like it.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 04, 2013, 01:49:54 PM »

And are these the "good guy" ships? The gold and black ships are the bad guys, right? If so, I think I will fly pink the entire time I play this mod.

When it comes out anyway. 0.6 soon(tm)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 04, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »

And are these the "good guy" ships? The gold and black ships are the bad guys, right? If so, I think I will fly pink the entire time I play this mod.

When it comes out anyway. 0.6 soon(tm)
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes. And if by "bad guys" you mean "collective of highly intelligent individuals who comprehend the horrors of human nature and work solely to eliminate its adverse effects throughout a vast population with their only purpose in life being the deification and purification of the human race," then yes.

Remember, there is no such thing as "good" in this universe.

But you'll probably be flying pink anyway, as I don't really have any intention of letting the player use Dominion ships en-mass.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 07, 2013, 10:23:53 PM »

So here's an actual video of how Dominion sort of plays: http://youtu.be/84u7sIyH_wc

And also I found this really cool website that lets you upload 3D models and show them to other people easily, so here's the 3D Kadan-Ihr: http://p3d.in/3LvME

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Obsidian Void (ASC: Indev) (DOM: Indev)
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »

So, in Ascendency, you'll have at least three different systems available to you to explore (including God):

Asylia:

While its surface isn't blasted by Sovereign's intense heat to an extreme degree, Asylia's wafer-thin crust leads to an excess of heat and volcanic activity. Its surface is plastered with hardened flows of innumerable metals--the most common of which is, strangely, gold. Scientists from all four worlds are baffled as to why such a dense metal would continually make its way to the surface of the planet.

Thiiei uses Asylia's inhospitable environment to house a maximum security prison, namely for prisoners of war.

Asylia has one moon, a smouldering world with a runaway greenhouse effect.

Trith:

Trith is a frozen wasteland of ice and rock. Its atmosphere is composed of mainly argon. Before the advent of the Ascendancy War, Trith's natural resources were routinely exploited by all of God's political entities. Its chief exports are were neodymium, samarium, scandium, and other rarer metals. Now, with the War in full force, Trith is a heated battleground as all the major powers fight to control Trith's cold veins of ore.

Trith has two barren moons.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »

If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Stop giving me sig material, like really.

On-topic, I'm excited to see how this mod will play out with 0.6a
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 03, 2013, 09:43:22 PM »

I didn't really think Starsector's vanilla hyperspace system would work for the Ascendency component of Obsidian Void, so I wrote a new one:

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #490 on: October 07, 2013, 10:15:56 AM »

Cool stuff, Psiyon.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 18, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »

Really looking forward to the next update Psiyon! Keep doing what you're doing :P
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 19, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »

Would just like to let everyone know that the Ascendancy component is nearing completion. It's playable as it is, and it feels like a totally new mod. Most of the remaining work is just writing descriptions and a bit of playtesting.

As of this moment, there are 5 planets in total that you can visit (Well, 4, technically. You can visit Sovereign, the system's star, too). I'll probably add one or two more in before release, since I actually took the time to code things so that setting up new locations is really easy.

A question:

I said earlier that the first demo of Dominion would be released with the next update, but since Ascendancy will be finished while I work on Dominion, I figure it might be a better idea to just release it sooner rather than later. Unless there are any major objections to that. Are there?

Lictuel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 20, 2013, 12:34:30 AM »

I don't think anyone would object to playing your fine mod earlier ;)

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 20, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »

no objections here, if you feel its ready for release then go fer it. Id love to get my hands on this mod once again....i acidentaly deleted my origional copy Q_Q.......i miss not having shields.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37