Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 300198 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendency (Beta 3 Released)
« Reply #435 on: June 01, 2013, 10:25:58 AM »

The Ritiak already has a fair few weapons on it, those 5 big kinetic cannons and the various PD. If that mystery ship is to have more guns than the Ritiak and be something of a baby Ithia, it'll need to live and breathe weapon hardpoints. Or just follow a more Orkish tradition and put as much dakka in one weapon as possible. Like the Ithia's main guns.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 01, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »

Right--I was thinking of giving it a boatload of small turrets, and a few medium ones. I might make one or two scaled-down versions of the Ithia's main guns for this ship. Lots and lots of dakka. :P

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 01, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »

Right--I was thinking of giving it a boatload of small turrets, and a few medium ones. I might make one or two scaled-down versions of the Ithia's main guns for this ship. Lots and lots of dakka. :P

if it dosent work, MOAR DAKKA !

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 01, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »

Levik, I did some work with the Ceni Six ship you made. I like the result. Should fit the game well as a rarer csix missile destroyer.

Also, it's about time the Okouth got a capital ship, so I did that.

The Arya-class Tactical Carrier has two flight decks, and a capable armament for going onto the front lines.

Think of it as a lesser, ballistic version of the Coalition's carrier.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 01, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »

Considering the Okouth's penchant for the stellar equivalents of miniguns, that carrier is probably gonna have a ton of dakka on it. I count, what, 11 small mounts for standard Okouth dakka. Those mounts above the hangars might be large, I don't quite remember, I haven't played Ascendancy in so long, but if they are, those big kinetic artillery pieces the Okouth destroyer uses can mount there. Potential to be quite the monster. Won't be able to bully those Okouth destroyer-and-frigate-only fleets.

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 01, 2013, 10:07:24 PM »

nice,

may want to change the runway
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:34:56 PM by Levik »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 02, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »

Hmm... that's not too bad, actually. Looks a bit flimsy though. I might add some more supports towards the front and then just run with that. Thanks again :)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 02, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »

I think I prefer the larger runways to the thinner ones. Then again, I like the almost-obnoxiously placed runway that sits at a funny angle on the KTA carrier. Not knocking Psiyon's spriting, but it's like he went "F**k it, that'll do." I love it. KTA carrier is like the portal turret. "I'm different."

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:35 AM »

How many new ships are ready? Do you need more ships? Should I do them?

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »

I got the Okouth Carrier ready and in-game so far, but I haven't tackled your ships yet. They're next on my list though.

Really, though, I don't need too many ships. If you want, you could do an additional ship each for the KTA and Coalition--that would make 1 new ship for all important factions, and round it out nicely. But any more past that, and I don't really know where I'd put them.

Additionally, you could help with weapons if you so choose. I need some good large and medium weapons of both energy and ballistic types. I can adapt their appearance to any faction on my own, but I'll probably just end up making them Lyseti products.

I'll give you freedom as to what kind of weapons to design, and I encourage them to be more on the exotic end--not just your basic cannons.

So, feel free to do however much of the above that you want. Anything helps me out a great deal; and of course, thanks again :)

EDIT:

I think I prefer the larger runways to the thinner ones. Then again, I like the almost-obnoxiously placed runway that sits at a funny angle on the KTA carrier. Not knocking Psiyon's spriting, but it's like he went "F**k it, that'll do." I love it. KTA carrier is like the portal turret. "I'm different."

EDIT: Ninja'd.
I added a few support beams to the far end, and the thinner profile of the main runway looks significantly better in my opinion:

lol, for the Kartuaa, I figured the angled launch pad would allow the ships to enter the hangar bay while easily avoiding the carrier's point defense weaponry:

And since the KTA's ships are technically supposed to be vertically oriented, it made sense. But in 2D it does look kind of odd :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:17:46 AM by Psiyon »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »

I would love to see many of the 3d models of the ships in Ascendancy even if they are all untextured.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 04, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »

Pretty much every non-Thiian ship is untextured, but I'll post what I have, despite many of the models being outdated or inaccurate.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/in-the-orbit-of-god/images - Images from the Homeworld 2 version. The Thiian race was the only race completed, though. There's a lot of similar stuff, as well as some things that didn't make it into the Starsector version.

http://psiyon.deviantart.com/art/Vicerus-WIP-2-264624795 - Vicerus Frigate

http://psiyon.deviantart.com/art/Coalition-Starships-260025502 - Esk Coalition starships

http://psiyon.deviantart.com/art/Lemurian-Starships-260045015 - Ceni Six / Okouth ships. Yeah, they say Lemurian, but those were the old Lemurian ship designs. I decided to make sure of the old stuff and use them as ships in Ascendency. Size is not identical to in-game scales. Singularity Battlecruiser = Okouth Destroyer; Quasar Destroyer = Ceni Six Destroyer; Morningstar = Ceni Six Light Frigate; Planetfall = Ceni Six Onari Corvette; Cometfall = Okouth Gara corvette.

http://psiyon.deviantart.com/art/Lament-207453214 - Ceni Six Kio, crashed.

http://psiyon.deviantart.com/art/Overlord-Dreadnaught-208461261 - Ceni Six Iri.

http://psiyon.deviantart.com/art/AMSC-Scout-208502446 - Ceni Six C.SIX-84, but without wings. Was originally intended to be a hovercraft for another project.

That's about all I have uploaded, though. Most of the remaining ships are garbage and incredibly low-detail, as they were made specifically for Ascendency.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 05, 2013, 07:03:57 PM »

Aha~!
Found the Ritiak!

Always nice to have a feel for what the ships would look like in 3d space. More so that all these ships are made with 3d models to begin with.

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 09, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »

You should make a capital ship or cruiser for the Lyseti faction that uses the big FC-HPAC-1220 so that it's used in the campaign (besides on elite velithans, so I guess I should say used on a lyseti ship).

Okouth is also begging for a large missile that can be used on the Vicerus-class frigate.

Speaking of the Vicerus, it feels a little under-powered. I know it's supposed to be an older, cheaper ship, but compared to the other missile-boats in the game it doesn't really have much else to offer. The loading screen seems to show two medium missile mounts next to the large missile mounts, and I feel like an addition of something along those lines would help it to fit a more unique role in a fleet among the other missile-boats.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »

You should make a capital ship or cruiser for the Lyseti faction that uses the big FC-HPAC-1220 so that it's used in the campaign (besides on elite velithans, so I guess I should say used on a lyseti ship).
Potentially. I was kind of staying away from giving Lyseti any big ships, because most smaller ship-building corporations wouldn't have the extensive resources for building a capital ship available to them.

Okouth is also begging for a large missile that can be used on the Vicerus-class frigate.
They do have their splinter missiles, but I suppose those are a bit of a niche weapon for killing Ceni's shields. I might give them their own standard SRM/MRM/LRM set.

Speaking of the Vicerus, it feels a little under-powered. I know it's supposed to be an older, cheaper ship, but compared to the other missile-boats in the game it doesn't really have much else to offer. The loading screen seems to show two medium missile mounts next to the large missile mounts, and I feel like an addition of something along those lines would help it to fit a more unique role in a fleet among the other missile-boats.
I actually had them set up that way in an extremely early version of the mod about a year ago. They wrecked everything with four MRM batteries, and no other frigate could even hope of standing up to them. What I might do is add two small missile mounts--it'll make them a bit better, which, I agree they could use a bit of a buff. That way you could add some SRMs to do some extra light damage to strike craft, or you could mount some rockets for increased damage against larger ships.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37