Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: (ded) Obsidian Void (ASC: B5) (DOM: D2) - 0.6.2a  (Read 300202 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Thiiei's Ascendency (Introduction Video Released)
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

Thanks, just don't forget me please.
I won't :P

Okay, yet another update on the state of affairs here:

Turns out the first official release won't be until .52a comes out. Apparently there was a bug with hullmods being used on fighters, causing the calculations required for them in autoresolve to be extremely high. This is the cause (or at least the main contributor to) the stuttering problem. Thankfully, Alex is awesome and he fixed it, so everything should run smoothly on .52a when it's released.

Pending on how long it takes for .52a to finally come around, I might end up releasing the slightly-bugged version on .51a publicly. Either way, I'll have some more time to work and add new content in.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »

There is a problem with this mod. Here's the log. (I run in linux, I suspect Mac users have the same problem.)

8074 [Thread-7] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ships/vicerusf.png] resource, not found in [/home/haruhara/games/BACKUP/starfarer/./mods/inorbita,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ships/vicerusf.png] resource, not found in [/home/haruhara/games/BACKUP/starfarer/./mods/inorbita,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.Object.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Solved by renaming "Vicerusf.png" to "vicerusf.png" in your ship folder.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:41:08 PM by Vandala »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »

Yeah, that issue came up before. It's fixed in the current alpha.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »

Here's a new video showing off the immense strategic and tactical depth of a new mission in the mod, titled "LOL": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsSnKJgtXgY

As you can see, this mission requires deep critical thinking and excellent problem solving skills in order to come out victorious.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »

Well, I know I said I'd wait for .52a, but I figure I'd do a sort of public test thing and release the first alpha now.

Here's the link to download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71512473/Ascendency.Av4.zip

Contents:

-Full campaign support with 5 factions -- Thiiei, the Coalition, the KTA, C.SIX, and Okouth. Each faction has its own station.
-29 unique ships.
-36 weapons
-Updated random battle, and a new mission.

Stuff to note:

-Missiles work a little differently than normal weapons. All missiles are internally housed. Their icons at the store are simply visual aids to show you what the missile/rocket looks like, and is not its actual graphical representation on the ship. Because that would be silly.

-Your ships will die. You will die. You don't have fancy state-of-the-art energy shielding protecting each of your ships. Keep your amount of supplies high, because your damaged ships after each battle will chew through them. Sell fuel for easy money.

-New hullmods: Improved warheads (Increases missile damage by 25%) and Integrity Grid (Reduces hull damage by 15%). These replace stabilized shields and extended shields, so don't freak out. I figured since shields are so rare, I'd get rid of a few hullmods relating to them. I'll probably add a new hullmod in the future that allows ships with no shields to gain shield abilities.

-Okouth and K.T.A. forces are hostile to you by default.

Known issues:

-The campaign is a bit laggy due to a bug involving hullmods on fighters. This cannot be avoided in .51a, however it is patched in .52a.
-Probably horribly imbalanced. Feedback in this area would be a massive help.

Have fun!

Edit: It would be helpful if someone on Linux/Mac would test-run this to see if everything loads up alright. With the massive amount of files for the mod, I could have easily used a capital letter where I shouldn't have.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:42:31 PM by Psiyon »

Dohon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Thiiei's Ascendency (Alpha 1 Released)
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2012, 02:14:03 AM »

Took it for a run. Ended up playing an hour, way longer than intended. Very addictive mod. Still gotta get the hang of all the new ships and guns, but it's fun so far. I picked off battered Okouth groups, got another Kio, had some Zetil Gunships captured. Fought a Supression Frigate of the KTA, piece of cake. So, brazenly, I charge one of their larger groups. 4 supression frigates, 3 zetil wings, 4 drone wings versus my 2 kio's, 3 zetil wings, one drone wing. The enemy fleet was on its way back home, so I thought: "Battered and struggling to keep all the ships afloat on a minimum crew. Yaaaaarrrr!".

Turns out they weren't lacking in crew. Nor were they even scratched. My zetils were quickly blown out of the sky (lots of thundering guns!) and my fellow Kio overloaded and got pounded. My ship managed to dent the hulls, vainly trying to make it a Pyrrhic victory. No such luck. I got trounced, all hands lost.

Think I'm gonna go for some Thiiei ships next time. Shields are fun and all, but it doesn't take much to scratch the ship beneath the bubble. Wanna see some armoured close-combat broadside exchanging.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war! - Battlecry of the Salamanders, Space Marine Chapter, Warhammer 40.000. [...] for in the grim dark future there is only war.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Commander
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2012, 03:31:12 AM »

DAH! It works perfectly on Mac so don't be fretting.

Only one problem:

Fleets don't spawn nearly enough and the Blue guys kill the Thiiei so hard that they're locked in the planet from the first 30min onwards.
Oh, and the Frigate with shield needs a higher top speed (both in battle and map), everything else is impossible to catch as-is.
I am Admiral Luna and this is my favorite game on the Internets.
"Captain! Pilum Missile's detected at 18 degrees starboard!"
"Thank you ensign, but I'm quite sure our Burst PD array can handle that"
(Chuckles around the bridge)
"It seems to be a volley of thirty-two, sir"
(Dead silence) ~ Zaga

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2012, 05:04:24 AM »

No go here.

Fatal: Invalid Value (1281)

Windows 7.

Options; 1280x800; windowed; no sound. No mods.

I cut out some irrelevant bits.
Spoiler
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starfarer 0.51a launcher
15   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows Vista 6.0
15   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.6.0_18
41   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: inorbita [C:\Windows\SF\starfarer-core\..\mods\inorbita]
43   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: AP [C:\Windows\SF\starfarer-core\..\mods\SL Mod]
732  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Found display mode: 320x200, 60Hz, 16bpp
732  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Found display mode: 320x240, 60Hz, 32bpp
733  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Found display mode: 320x200, 60Hz, 32bpp
733  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Found display mode: 320x240, 60Hz, 16bpp
44379 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/weapons/eskbolterbase.png] as texture with id [graphics/weapons/eskbolterbase.png]
44386 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 136.77 MB of texture data so far
44387 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/weapons/eskbolterbase.png] as texture with id [graphics/weapons/eskbolterbase.png]
44388 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/weapons/eskbolterturr.png] as texture with id [graphics/weapons/eskbolterturr.png]
44396 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 136.77 MB of texture data so far
44397 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/weapons/eskbolterturr.png] as texture with id [graphics/weapons/eskbolterturr.png]
46108 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 155.91 MB of texture data so far
46109 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/ulnatan.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/ulnatan.png]
46114 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 156.25 MB of texture data so far
46115 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
46127 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 156.91 MB of texture data so far
46249 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
46254 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 156.92 MB of texture data so far
46256 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.setSwapInterval(WindowsContextImplementation.java:113)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.setSwapInterval(Context.java:231)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setSwapInterval(Display.java:993)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setVSyncEnabled(Display.java:1005)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
63267 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - ID     Calls   Duration    Percent
63268 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - --------------------------------

[close]

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »

@Dohon: Glad you enjoyed it. Since you played it for so long, did you run into any balance issues, or have concerns about anything else?

DAH! It works perfectly on Mac so don't be fretting.
Phew, good. :)

Only one problem:

Fleets don't spawn nearly enough and the Blue guys kill the Thiiei so hard that they're locked in the planet from the first 30min onwards.
Oh, and the Frigate with shield needs a higher top speed (both in battle and map), everything else is impossible to catch as-is.
The Coalition might be steamrolling Thiiei due to a few last-minute balance changes I made that I never fully tested in the campaign. I'll see what I can do.
As for the Kio's top speed, I never had any major problems trying to catch things (provided they weren't lone fighter squadrons or anything). But I might give it a slight bump up.

No go here.

Fatal: Invalid Value (1281)

Windows 7.

Options; 1280x800; windowed; no sound. No mods.

I cut out some irrelevant bits.

[error report]
I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this, as that error report is incredibly vague (not your fault). It seems like it just decided to implode on itself while loading image files. The last thing that was loaded was apparently "particlealpha32sq.png", but it's being loaded under the wrong path, as it's in the graphics/fx folder, not just the graphics folder. As I can't recreate the crash myself, I really don't know what to do here. I've got Windows 7 as well on my system, so it isn't a problem relating to the OS.

I guess you could try to delete that file; it was just a duplicate anyway. Try going into the inorbita/graphics/fx folder and delete "particlealpha32sq.png", and see if that fixes the problem.

And you have .51a RC3, right? Because I think there were one or two previous versions of .51a that had some bugs patched in them.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »

Aye, I do.

Testing it on another computer, it works fine. Very odd because the two computers have roughly the same specs.

Dohon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2012, 01:48:24 AM »

@Dohon: Glad you enjoyed it. Since you played it for so long, did you run into any balance issues, or have concerns about anything else?

No real balance issues so far. Ships in general move slower than vanilla, which takes some getting used to, but that's not a real problem. The beginning situation is a bit hectic because of all the fleets spawning. You spawn near Thtiu and you are enemies with the Okouth and the KTA. The Okouth swarm out and head over to Thtiu. A new player thinks (or at least, I did) that the Thiiei armada will protect him, yet the Thiiei are not at war with the Okouth from the start. So, you can't kite the beginning fleets, which might result in an early death. Perhaps reducing the spawning of the fleets in the beginning would solve that issue. I don't know how moddable the spawning of fleets is.

There is also one ship that has one un-assigned OP. I believe it was the Thiiei Carrier Destroyer (Seteth?).

Beyond these things, no issues so far.
Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war! - Battlecry of the Salamanders, Space Marine Chapter, Warhammer 40.000. [...] for in the grim dark future there is only war.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »

Aye, I do.

Testing it on another computer, it works fine. Very odd because the two computers have roughly the same specs.
Guess it's some sort of odd installation error or something. Not really sure. Either way, considering it's running for everyone else, it's safe to say the problem isn't with the mod.

No real balance issues so far. Ships in general move slower than vanilla, which takes some getting used to, but that's not a real problem. The beginning situation is a bit hectic because of all the fleets spawning. You spawn near Thtiu and you are enemies with the Okouth and the KTA. The Okouth swarm out and head over to Thtiu. A new player thinks (or at least, I did) that the Thiiei armada will protect him, yet the Thiiei are not at war with the Okouth from the start. So, you can't kite the beginning fleets, which might result in an early death. Perhaps reducing the spawning of the fleets in the beginning would solve that issue. I don't know how moddable the spawning of fleets is.

There is also one ship that has one un-assigned OP. I believe it was the Thiiei Carrier Destroyer (Seteth?).

Beyond these things, no issues so far.
I think I could fix the beginning situation easily by having you spawn right by Ujionla instead of Thtiu, a simple edit. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll fix the carrier too while I'm at it.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »

So here are some things I've got on the plate for Alpha 2:

-Recolored UI
-New faction-specific ship names, person names, etc.
-Misc balancing/bug fixing
-Music
-A cheap, frigate-sized freighter vessel

Though I haven't tested it yet, I'm also toying around with the idea of including a way to give you another option to gain money aside from just combat. If I can get convoys to dock at your storage station, presumably, you could get all the dropped content for free. If possible, I plan on setting up a cargo station that has periodic shipments of fuel and other miscellaneous items delivered to it. You can obviously sell off the fuel at other stations if you please, and you can do what you will with the other freebies that get dropped there. Thoughts?

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Thiiei's Ascendency
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »

New ship: the Coalition Adjutrus-class Jump-dock:

Jump-docks are small auxiliary vessels useful for expanding hangar space with a low fleetpoint cost. Though they are able to dock fighters, they lack the facilities to repair strikecraft in battle. It is best to keep these out of combat if possible, as they were not designed with fighting in mind.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Re: Thiiei's Ascendency
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

Oooh, pretty black ship, my favorite color. Nice.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37