Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.8]  (Read 83636 times)

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.5]
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »

Hey, just got done playing through the mod on a  mostly normal StarSector, I really love it!

Edit:

EM_Heavyfrigate.PNG -> EM_Heavyfrigate.png

'V' in /data/Variants should be lower case.

These are the only issues that cropped up on my linux Partition.

Otherwise, it works wonderfully. ^^
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:44:41 PM by Viymese »
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »

Hey, just got done playing through the mod on a  mostly normal StarSector, I really love it!

Edit:

EM_Heavyfrigate.PNG -> EM_Heavyfrigate.png

'V' in /data/Variants should be lower case.

These are the only issues that cropped up on my linux Partition.

Otherwise, it works wonderfully. ^^

ill get that fixed, though im surprised it caused an issue now as its probably been like that since i made this mod, probably a linux thing is why it complained

as for Excerelin that you asked about before you edited, chances are it wont become compatible as i don't really have the motivation or even know how to make it compatible

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2014, 03:20:07 AM »

Zap has a list of things to do to get your mod compatible, it's pretty much just a checklist job, then Zap has to integrate your files on his end, which he can't because he's on vacation, so people will have to go thru that process themselves, which is also documented in the Exerelin OP. :)

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.6]
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »

new update!
sorry for the long wait on this one, all sorts of things got in the way, mostly low motivation

A lot of new weapons in this one, please tell me if any of them seem over powered or under powered

Added
-A bunch of custom weapons
-Compatibility to Shader lib (not required)
-All new weapons to Faction shops and convoys
-New Ships
   -Cascade (Frigate Assault/Chase)
   -Greenstone (Destroyer Assault)
Changed
-Infernos now has a built in long range artillery cannon
-Firestorm now has a built in large autocannon
-Immolator now has a forward medium mount

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:32:30 PM by Ember »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2014, 05:12:16 AM »

I can't believe how much your stuff improved since you first started. That ship's amazing and that gun... :o
Nice going! ;D

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2014, 05:45:00 AM »

Okay, i played a bit the campaign with them, unfortunately, the balance will need quite a rework, also lot of little problematic details.

The stats used for your ships/weapons are very wonky. Lot of weapons are nearly flux free and are still extremely similar to their vanilla counterpart. The LAG and the crevice gun for example are nearly the same, the Crevice just have less shots/minutes and a longer range and produce half as much flux. For now it's just a stronger variant for the same cost.

It's the opposite for some other guns, the Pumicite AC for example have an anemic 49 DPS, why people would even want to mount this? Sure it's only 42 flux/sec but it cost 6 ops for nearly no damage. Also the weapons lack description for their roles (PD, assault, etc...) which should be fixed.

On the other hands, the ships, or at least the frigates, have very high flux stats even though their weapons doesn't produce much.

I haven't played everything yet but here's the biggest issues i saw.

The Scorch corvette don't have enough OPs, the standard variant use 19 OPs and it only have 10 available.

Problems on the variant weapons groups, no autofire for the PDs. Sometimes some (presumed) assault weapons are mixed with the (presumed) PDs.

The Tinder frigate tends to avoid fights like a civilian ships unless you give it an order. Also the sprite is very meh... It could really get a rework or at least be removed until then.

Small missiles weapons are called... Small missiles.

The "blue fire" effect seems out of place, a red fire effect like in the gif above would looks much better.

The Balefire cannon animation will apply even if the gun don't actually fire, can happen if you just tap the fire button without charging it completely.

For some reasons the FF ships can totally ignore EMP damage, might be a bug in the hull mods.

The Jump point alpha lead to the edge of the system, not of the main planet with the station, not sure if intended.

The Charcoal have stats very similar to a frigate even though it's a destroyer. The Standard variant is also very underwhelming.

Drones don't have the free-roam option, which is sad. Also they have very strange positioning, they are standing over the ship, when they get destroyed, their husks can deal a lot of damage to their own vessel.

The Immolator seems a bit small for a cruiser and it's damn expensive for a light missile boat and require quite a surprisingly massive crew. Also the two rear turrets are unused for its variant.

The Char lack a ship system. It's also extremely similar to the Greenstone (i know that i originally sprited the Greenstone as a Char variant) but the similarity make them both way too identical. Perhaps switching some ballistic mounts for missiles? Still on the Char, the two rear turrets overlap and looks ugly, might change them with a single medium one instead?

---

That's all, for now. I will test the Cruisers/capital ships later. I noticed that the vanilla sounds for the weapons don't really fit, i think SnupZipGun will be able to help you in that regard. Still on the weapons, while Tartiflette did a fantastic job at animating some of them, the contrast between those he worked on and those he didn't is huge. Maybe you could ask him some help for the rest?

Also i'm not really satisfied of some of my own stuff and i'll try to rework the Crevice/Blaze/small missiles sprites.

So yeah, from now on your work will be balancing all of this, plus lot of polishing but overall it's getting there.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2014, 11:21:58 AM »

I expected things to be off, I did ask if they did seem off

I can't believe how much your stuff improved since you first started. That ship's amazing and that gun... :o
Nice going! ;D

thanks! though the gun sprites were made by HELMUT and some have been animated by Tartiflette

So yeah, from now on your work will be balancing all of this, plus lot of polishing but overall it's getting there.

definitely, probably going to be a while and a bunch of updates before they are good

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »

thanks! though the gun sprites were made by HELMUT and some have been animated by Tartiflette

Then I'd like to thank them as well for helping you out. :) Nice guys.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »

Tried the cruiser/capitals and fighters.

The Conflagration bomber seems broken, it fire its Atropos at everything, fighters, frigates and bigger ships. Very annoying when they waste their payload at some Talon wing. Another problem, not exclusive of the Conflagration is that all the fighters are bloody fast, nearly twice a speedy as vanilla fighters. Sure they suffer a lot from their bad maneuverability, which can even be problematic for bombers to stop at the carrier to reload. It would be good to reduce their speed and also installing some brakes on the bombers. Overall it's too strong, the twin Atropos on each bomber may be the reason, it need a nerf.

The Flare currently doesn't work but it's more a problem about the Pumicite AC that lack power than the fighter itself.

The Firehawk however is too strong and will be probably be broken with a balanced Pumicite. 2 Crevice guns, 2 swarmers and 2 pumicites, that's an awful lot of firepower even for a heavy fighter. And they come in wing of 4! Plus their incredible speed, nothing can stop those things. Cutting their armament by a half and their speeds would make them more balanced.

Another problem is that their wings are extremely cheap. 3 supplies for 3 bombers, 4 supplies for 4 heavy fighters. You could double the cost for such good wings. The opposite for the Flare, 5 supplies for 5 Talon's like seems a bit expensive, even after the future buff of their guns.

Still linked to the fighters, the Fyrestone cruiser have only 1 launch bay (was convinced it had 2). A bit weak for a cruiser, with 2 decks however it would be become much more interesting. Not convinced about the burn drive system, you rarely want your carrier to get too close to the enemy, especially something like the Fyrestone.

The Magma cruiser seemed relatively fine even though it's armed like a destroyer. The numerous drones and flux capacity gave it victory against other cruiser though. Every FF ships will need to see their flux capacity nerfed drastically anyway, then maybe the Magma won't be as strong.

The Inferno artillery ship have waaaaaay too much OPs, like nearly twice as much it would need. The Balefire gun have a huge range but didn't seemed too strong when i tried it, like the Magma i'd rather wait for the global flux nerf to see.

The Firestorm class actually seems to be the most balanced of the bunch. It's an expensive huge tank with a large array of guns, a bit too fast maybe? I'm not sure.

Also i found some problems with the bigger weapons. The Kinetic medium (this one really need another name) is nearly a carbon copy of the heavy Autocannon, but better. Same thing for the Obsidian cannon and the Mark IX, way too similar.

That's it. Haven't started reworking the weapon, hopefully it'll be all done soon. Overall, big nerf on the Conflagration and Firehawk, global nerf on the ships/weapons flux, buff on the Pumicite and rework on the Kinetic medium and Obsidian, 1 more bay for the Fyrestone and we'll how it'll looks.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »

well, time to work on getting my mod working with the latest update, absolutely no idea what I need to do though

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2014, 02:35:09 PM »

well it seems that no one cares

I have asked for help both here and on the skype chat but no one has offered to help so until someone helps me figure out how and what to do to get it up to the latest version, this mod is on hold and I might just give up entirely

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:45 PM »

well it seems that no one cares

I have asked for help both here and on the skype chat but no one has offered to help so until someone helps me figure out how and what to do to get it up to the latest version, this mod is on hold and I might just give up entirely
Probably because all the people that are qualified are still trying to figure things out for themselves and/or are updating their own mods.

TauKinth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pliz Halp?
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »

I keep getting this error whenever I try and load starsector (http://puu.sh/hQH2j/212043d7fd.png and the log says http://puu.sh/hQHed/993f4a68ab.png). Any suggestions?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2015, 09:52:23 AM »

suggestion: play other mods as this one is dead since several months back. :)

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.8]
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2015, 10:51:03 PM »

-sneaks in and changes OP-

Spoiler

Updated to 0.65.2a
Added
-Fireblast ship
Removed ShaderLib compatibility
[close]