Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.8]  (Read 83644 times)

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.65.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.8]
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »

Faction lore and description coming soon

Spoiler
Fighters

Frigates

Destroyer

Cruisers

Capital Ship

[close]

I have a few more that I am still working on and I may change or replace some of the ones above

This faction will be intended as a zero shield capable faction outside of hull mods and lore, sporting some of the heaviest armor and hull integrity while also being flying concrete blocks

Thanks Gotcha! for helping me get started
Thanks MesoTroniK and silentstormpt with script and code help
Thanks HELMUT for the weapon sprites and 2 ship sprites
Thanks Tartiflette for weapon animations
Thanks David for help with code

Please don't hesitate to comment or criticize

Current Version: 0.5.6

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e53sxs2cdobzdkr/Firestorn_Federation_0.5.8.zip

Change Log

Spoiler

Updated to 0.65.2a
Added
-Fireblast ship
Removed ShaderLib compatibility

Changes
-mostly just balancing
   -increased damage of the Pumicite Auto cannon
   -Rebalanced the the costs of all ships in various areas
   -Reduced flux capacity of all ships

Added
-A bunch of custom weapons
-Compatability to shader lib (not required)
-All new weapons to Faction shops and convoys
-New Ships
   -Cascade (Frigate Assault/Chase)
   -Greenstone (Destroyer Assualt)
Changed
-Infernos now has a built in long range artillery cannon
-Firestorm now has a built in large autocannon
-Immolator now has a forward medium mount

-Nerfed Bomber (I hope)

-hopefully reduced supply costs

-Fixed ship descriptions
-Added or changed some ship descriptions

-Replaced all ship sprites

-Added some new ships
   -the Firestorm capital ship
   -two civilian ships, one fuel, one cargo
-Added the Carrier to the Fire fed shop
-Added Dreadnaught to the shop

-Altered the Infernos into an artillery ship (main cannon stil WIP)

-upated to 0.6.1a

-Fixed Format Error in a description causing crashes during refit

-reduced max flux, flux dissapation, ordinance points of the Blaze
-Increased max flux dissapation speed and acceleration of the Infernos
-Increased the max burn on all ships except fighters by 1
-Reduced all fighters mass

-Changed vent color
-Changed hull mod descriptions

-Added some ship descriptions (yay!)

fixed dependency issue

0.5---

-fixed issue with ship class names not showing
-fixed bomber engines to correct tech
-fixed non working faction specific hull mod
-fixed some things I've forgotten I've fixed

-Added Hullmod Advanced Armor Plating
-Added the system Procella ignifera
   -travel to the left of Corvus to reach the system
-Added mission for testing purposes
-Added Flak cannon for small mounts (temporary sprite)
-Added kinetic projectile cannon for small mounts (temporary sprite)
-Added Assault cannon for small mounts (temporary sprite)
-Slight change to the Infernos capital ship sprite

-Stats changed for the Immolator in an attempt at balancing
-Increased the Torch's acceleration
-made compatible with 0.6a
-changed the Infernus (capital ship) rear 2 medium and large mounts to 360 degree coverage
-increased the cost of the cruiser to 50k from 100
-adjusted accelerations of the small frigate to hopefully make it more manueverable

[close]

Ship Testing videos:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:54:09 PM by Ember »

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Firestorm Federation [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:40:28 PM »

Hello

So I decided to make my own faction and have a few ship already made

Spoiler
Fighters

Frigates

Destroyer

Cruisers

[close]

I have a few more that i am still working on and i may change or replace some of the ones above

this faction will be intended as a zero shield capable faction outside of hull mods an lore, sporting some of the heaviest armor and hull integrity while also being flying concrete blocks

Unfortunately outside the making of sprites and using Trylobots ship editor, I know nothing about coding and scripting, so I will be needing a lot of help on that end
(don't even know how to get my ships in game in any interactable way)

Please don't hesitate to comment or criticize

i love the entirety of your concept, the name, the appearance, the idea of shieldless bricks.

i use to mod myself, so if you want, just contact me and ill help as much as i can. (just keep in mind that im far from being as talented as guys like thule or sprogginator, so if someone else better than me offer you theire help too, dont mind me)

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »

i could use all the help i could get, right now i just want to get the ships into the game so i could see how they look and test balance

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:10:12 AM »

There's something about that design that's just gorgeous. I don't even know what that something is but it's still an amazing style. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 01:52:33 AM »

I hope these guys will have some form of insulation for their systems, else it's gonna bet Antediluvians 2.0 and Tachyon Lances all day long.  :P

As for building a faction out of them, I believe the core files are littered with comments telling you what does what and how to fiddle with it. If you need to, just copy-paste the Hegemony .faction file, then replace hegemony ships with FireFed ships and give them a new station to call home instead of bunking with the Hegemony at their station.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 04:12:59 AM »

I dropped you a pm. I'll create the basics if you'd like.
I'd also like to know what kind of planet or object you'd like to have your station revolve around.
Like Corvus' sun or a planet of your own. You can check what planets there are in the graphics\planets folder.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 07:14:14 AM »

Something that took me quite a while to notice is that the Hiigarans actually have their own planet.
I saw that cheeky little rebel base down on that planet.  :P

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:20 AM »

I know why i like those ships so much they look very Mass Effecty! (That means im interested and will keep tabs on this mod for future reference , though don't ask me to help I haz too much to do anyways /whistle innocently looking at cappy)

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 07:35:03 AM »

I hope these guys will have some form of insulation for their systems, else it's gonna bet Antediluvians 2.0 and Tachyon Lances all day long.  :P

As for building a faction out of them, I believe the core files are littered with comments telling you what does what and how to fiddle with it. If you need to, just copy-paste the Hegemony .faction file, then replace hegemony ships with FireFed ships and give them a new station to call home instead of bunking with the Hegemony at their station.

If its possible I was thinking of a custom hull mod that provides a very large emp resistance available only to these ships, it shoul be possible to install a makeshift shield but hopefully those would be horribly inefficient

I know why i like those ships so much they look very Mass Effecty! (That means im interested and will keep tabs on this mod for future reference , though don't ask me to help I haz too much to do anyways /whistle innocently looking at cappy)

must be because of the frigate, it never really was intended to look Mass Effecty but I will most definitely try to keep the theme I've established with my ship designs

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 07:54:13 AM »

I hope these guys will have some form of insulation for their systems, else it's gonna bet Antediluvians 2.0 and Tachyon Lances all day long.  :P

If its possible I was thinking of a custom hull mod that provides a very large emp resistance available only to these ships, it shoul be possible to install a makeshift shield but hopefully those would be horribly inefficient

must be because of the frigate, it never really was intended to look Mass Effecty but I will most definitely try to keep the theme I've established with my ship designs

#1 : good news ! a faction specific custom hullmod is totally doable ! i dont know how myself but you can contact the local code wizard for information (laztwizard)
#2 : the vanilla makeshift shield hullmod is indeed very narrow and ineficient. its most likely gonna be a bad idea to use it if you balance the armor and emp resistance of your faction properly
#3 : and pelhamd is right, now that i think of it, your faction is very mass effect-ish. i'd say its mostly because, yes, the frigate look like the normandy but also because your other ships share a certain homogeneity with it (which is a good thing ! your faction feels right)

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:51 AM »

Thule Legacy uses the "R.U.N.E" hull mod which is faction only. The code was provided by Lazywizard
The hullmod itself is an almost instant in-fight repair system for weapons and engine.
A shieldless faction has enourmes issues with balance, as the combat is based on shields and the involved mechanics you will have a hard time.
I chose the repairsystem because early tests showrd other ships could easly render any Thule Legacy ship useless just by disabling their weapons.

Characteristics that could counter the lack of shields.
a repairsystem for weapons and engines
increased mobility
an in-combat hull repair system, look up the shadow order
a mix between very slow firing weapons and a high flux capacity

good luck to you ;)

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »

i never realized how hard going shieldless is, no wonder the buffalo is so easy to kill, i could use that instant weapon repair thing, though i would prefer that my ships can still have the engines destroyed,

I also found out that my cruisers point defense coverage is horrible so i will most definately need to add more small points

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »

When you get to weapons, maybe you can give your ships some 'system' weapons that no other faction can leech from your ships.
Weapons that are above average, to offset your lack of shields. Dunno.

I admire your bravery though. :D

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »

Since they're not going to have shields, I advise some defence-based systems. I have a PD Matrix and ECM system from Starfighter if you'd want them. Lazy made them. PD matrix essentially spams PD lasers for a few seconds that obliterate anything close to your ship, ECM turns missiles away and can also be set to simply blow them up when they get close to the ship.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »

Put a "panic button" in there. general firepower goes through the roof for a while, followed by a lack of weapons for a while longer, the idea being that hopefully everything's dead by the time it finishes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11