Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.8]  (Read 83650 times)

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Firestorm Federation [0.5.8]
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »

And just like that my body is ready. These ships look great.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2015, 08:10:18 AM »

Hmm, a little notification as you will.

I have noticed that the Firestorm Federation don't show up in the Directory for Alliances or factions in Nexerelin and also have no stations.

Does that mean The Federation never spawn in Nexerelin or you have to spawn a fleet of some sort?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2015, 08:29:03 PM »

It works for me (just tested in a new game with FireFed as the only faction mod). Are you using the latest version? Playing in Corvus mode, or a too-crowded sector (although it'd have to be really crowded for a faction to get locked out completely)?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »

No Corvus mode for me or a crowded sector, they just don't spawn :/

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2015, 08:07:35 PM »

im sorry but i have no idea how to help you, coding isnt really something i can do, and all i know is that it has the parts that should let it work with that mod

anyways, to those of you fighting with/against my faction, tell me how they are holding up and if anything needs changing or fixing

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2015, 03:29:23 PM »

Well, the ships that are currently in can't slow down for the life of them, and their armor gets shredded in seconds when faced with HE weapons.

That goes for the biggest ships as well facing Hellbore cannons, unfortunately.

The Cascade ship is fun when chasing other ships though, which is a plus.

Anywho, are there any Frigates/Destroyers coming with Medium/Large slots on them anytime soon?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:51 PM »

No armor can hold up to a Hellbore, which fires shells rather rapidly and each one is equal to a Harpoon.

Ideally this faction would use right-click ship systems as a defense something that temporarily hardens the armor or similar ideas.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2015, 11:39:31 AM »

Hmm, cool idea

Well if someone can code that then they'll be able to bully others around with no shields hmm, maybe fast repair in battle?

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2015, 08:59:47 PM »

No armor can hold up to a Hellbore, which fires shells rather rapidly and each one is equal to a Harpoon.

Ideally this faction would use right-click ship systems as a defense something that temporarily hardens the armor or similar ideas.

there is a zero cost modification that should reduce explosive damage, not sure if it works anymore or if it needs a buffing
Well, the ships that are currently in can't slow down for the life of them, and their armor gets shredded in seconds when faced with HE weapons.

The Cascade ship is fun when chasing other ships though, which is a plus.

Anywho, are there any Frigates/Destroyers coming with Medium/Large slots on them anytime soon?

in what way are you trying to slow down? through reversing, or by flipping the ship around and decelerating that way?

as for ships with bigger mounts? ill think about it. I did have a plan for a shield cracker destroyer with a built in large gun but I'm no good at weapon sprites and the person who made the ones for me is busy, so i havent made any progress there

As to the weapons, how are they holding up? any that are too powerful or too weak for their intended role?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2015, 03:30:48 PM »

The Weapons are mmm, ok to say the least, they're flux heavy I have noticed and they're not very powerful and may need a small buff

as for the slowing down part, the reversing slow doesn't work very well, and I refuse to turn my back towards the enemy when under fire

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2015, 10:20:24 PM »

I've noticed that Firestorm ships die most of the time not to weapons fire, but to the death explosions of other ships because they can't slow down and get too close.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2015, 01:41:01 PM »

I think there's a couple extra zeroes in some of these ships. Like the fireblast, the destroyer that has 1200 cargo and 800 fuel capacity. With low maintenance and burn 7 it makes a great freighter.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2015, 06:53:51 PM »

I've noticed that Firestorm ships die most of the time not to weapons fire, but to the death explosions of other ships because they can't slow down and get too close.

In SS 0.7a the AI will be more aware of ship death explosions and stand off a bit more from vessels that are low health.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2015, 05:13:27 PM »

Eh, it's not so much the AI to be fair. I've seen it try to back off, but because Firestorm ships are so slanted towards forward thrust it literally can't because it tries to use the almost nonexistent reverse thrust.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2015, 06:38:58 PM »

I think there's a couple extra zeroes in some of these ships. Like the fireblast, the destroyer that has 1200 cargo and 800 fuel capacity. With low maintenance and burn 7 it makes a great freighter.

the Fireblast is actually intended to be a Blockaid runner/smuggler ship
compaired to the actual cargo ship  it only has 100 more armor and 1k more health, which is 500 less than the other destroyer
it also has more speed than the frigates and higher acceleration

not to mention most of its mounts are more in there for PD with only 3 really for assault

though i think i got the cargo numbers switched with the actual cargo ship

Eh, it's not so much the AI to be fair. I've seen it try to back off, but because Firestorm ships are so slanted towards forward thrust it literally can't because it tries to use the almost nonexistent reverse thrust.
ill probably increase the reverse thrust strength
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:44:43 PM by Ember »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11