Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ship "Systems"idea  (Read 1495 times)

Toughbrook

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ship "Systems"idea
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:35:38 PM »

Well Bassicly it makes it so you can target certain areas of a ship (Not like click on it then you will shoot at it)by bassicly,well shooting there. This can do certain things,like lets say the gunnery room was hit too much,then autofiring guns would be less accurate,or the bridge/cockpit was hit,then you might loose control for a bit,and the time it takes to repair depends on the ammount of green,normal,veteran,and elite you have,it might encourage people to have near max crew and not just the least ammount aswell.Some things like an ammo storage might work aswell,if it gets hit you might loose some MG ammo or missiles even,and maybe the flux vents could be targeted to prevent flux from coming down and prevent venting,and maybe hiting the power might dissable the ship for a few seconds.

Foxtrot

• Lieutenant
  • \m/
    • View Profile
Re: Ship "Systems"idea
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 12:35:49 PM »

i like the idea, but with the way Starsector is built i doubt it will happen. Though it would make it a lot more exciting, like bombers would be capable of doing SERIOUS damage by hitting the primary magazine on an Onslaught which would pretty much blow it in half, but that would be a one in a million shot and probably only with upgraded bombs or something along those lines. Either way, I like it, it would add a ton to Starsector, and it probably won't happen.
"Do your duty as you see it, and damn the consequences!"
-General George S. Patton

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ship "Systems"idea
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »

Ships are already fairly easy to disable, to the point I hope it's not how it's going to be when Starsector is eventually finished, what with the idea that ships are like supposed to be hoarded like gold bullion because of the lack of knowledge to build more.