Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 467010 times)

Czyrek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.1.0
« Reply #720 on: September 18, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

I was actually looking at this mod the other night and lamenting that it was not updated. I am glad you're having a stab at it. Constantly updating a mod along side of game development can take a lot of work so I understand why the original creator might not want to.

omatkoicorko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 18, 2019, 01:41:50 PM »

my favorite mod! yes :D good luck!

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 18, 2019, 04:35:23 PM »

I'll be working on it again tonight, just had to finish some homework first (gotta love college and all that).  The game currently loads, but dies when it starts a new game, so i'm trying to figure out why exactly.  Hopefully i'll figure something out and have it uploaded tonight.
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 19, 2019, 12:17:32 AM »

Success! I finally got it working. The faction now spawns, the ships and weapons are working and everything.  It should theoretically be possible to do a complete run through of the game with the faction now, including a nexerelin run through, however I'm sure it still needs some work in the balancing department.  I'll link the file below, if any of y'all can test it for me to make sure it works correctly it'd be much appreciated.  I'm going to spend a little more time polishing it and if all goes well with testing, I'll make a new thread for it soon.

Link is here.  Again, please let me know if you find any glaring issues.  Thanks again to Gotcha for letting me do this in the first place and also to Cycerin whose source code from Blackrock helped me understand the underlying game more.
Lover of moths

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #724 on: September 19, 2019, 02:06:45 AM »

Nice job. :)
It doesn't run for me due to not having Exerelin. I'm not sure why, since that was never a problem in the past.
I think the way it was set up is that it'd ignore Exerelin-related stuff when that mod isn't present.

I looked into it, but it's been such a long time. *sigh* I feel I'd need to relearn modding this game from scratch and I can't commit to that right now.

Anyway, when you feel the mod is ready enough to be on the front page, say so, and I'll add it, naturally giving credit to you. :)

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 19, 2019, 08:45:25 AM »

OK that's an issue. I'll have to try and get that fixed before release. And I definitely know that feel about having to relearn stuff, I used to mod fallout 4 and going back to it now, it's like I have to learn it all over again. Thanks for the offer to update the front page though, I'll let you know as soon as I get it working.

Also, when does it give you any error messages specifically? It'd help in being able to track down any problems. Thanks!
Lover of moths

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 19, 2019, 09:27:28 AM »

nice,

so far i was able to start game with it while many other mods are active including nexerelin random start
will see if i get any errors or issues

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #727 on: September 19, 2019, 09:38:15 AM »

Also, when does it give you any error messages specifically? It'd help in being able to track down any problems. Thanks!
During startup. When the loading bar's full, it drops back to the desktop with this:
Fatal: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.HiiModPlugin]
Cause: File 'data/scripts/world/HiiModPlugin.java', Line 43, Column 35:
Imported class "exerelin.campaign.SectorManager" could not be loaded

A snippet from the log:
Code
18153 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.HiiModPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.HiiModPlugin]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/scripts/world/HiiModPlugin.java', Line 43, Column 35: Imported class "exerelin.campaign.SectorManager" could not be loaded
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more

Peanut Man

• Ensign
  • Peanut Man, Unsalted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 19, 2019, 09:41:10 AM »

I am but a simply peanut. But seeing this mod beig talk about again brings a tear to my eyes. Peanut wishes the best.

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 19, 2019, 12:27:57 PM »

I got intelliJ up and running so I'm gonna try compiling it as a jar and see if that fixes some of the issues ive been having as well as the nexerelin issue.
Lover of moths

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 19, 2019, 04:53:28 PM »

my 2nd random game attempt i spawned at Hiigaran homeworld, so far no issues ...

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 19, 2019, 07:21:41 PM »

Alright, I should have got most of the outstanding issues fixed as of this build.  Weapons and ships still need to be rebalanced and a rules file needs to be made but as it stands it works as intended, both with and without Nexerelin.  I still haven't found a way to make it spawn the original custom planets that were designed for the mod originally, but it works fine with the placeholder ones and the custom graphics for stations and other entities still show up regardless

The new file is here.  Please notify me of any errors or serious balancing issues and I'll try to fix them.  Gotcha, assuming no one finds any serious errors in this one I feel this one could go on the front page, unless you'd like me to start a new thread for it.
Lover of moths

horngeek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 19, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »

Does it provide blueprints for you to make your own ships?

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 19, 2019, 10:07:14 PM »

^^

the real question

horngeek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 19, 2019, 10:31:22 PM »

^^

the real question
lol yes gimmie that ablity to produce fleets of my own :P

That said, bombasticmori, I just had a crash to desktop because of a Fatal: Ship Hull variant [hii_tarii_wing] not found error during character creation - attatching the logs for you. 

(Logs were too big to upload directly, I can put them up somewhere if you need them)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:01:54 PM by horngeek »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 64