Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466926 times)

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.1.0
« Reply #645 on: March 01, 2015, 12:27:20 AM »

Still working out how to balance the market conditions properly

is it updated!?? i think so YES THX MAN, so its possible to enable it with SS+?

Anyways thx man!
Yes, it is for 0.65.2a and it will work with SS+

I see multiples of the pirate carrier for sale in the black market of almost every decently-sized system, which is probably not good. I've yet to see it in an actual fleet, though.

You may also want to do a stat balance pass on the ships eventually. There's a lot of problems all over the place here; one of the most obvious examples is the drone carrier, which is only 4 logistics (the minimum baseline for a one-deck carrier, essentially) but has a PD drone system better than the Astral's, competent flux stats, and 90 speed. The other really obvious ones are the base freighter, which at 500 cargo cap/logistics is more efficient than an Atlas (~300), and the tug, which only uses 0.6 (!!!) fuel/ly.

I've modified some stats but unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to do some play testing. As to the Pirate carriers... they should be spawining in pirate fleets, odd that they appear in the markets so often, will have too look into that.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 01, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »

~SNIP

You may also want to do a stat balance pass on the ships eventually. There's a lot of problems all over the place here; one of the most obvious examples is the drone carrier, which is only 4 logistics (the minimum baseline for a one-deck carrier, essentially) but has a PD drone system better than the Astral's, competent flux stats, and 90 speed. The other really obvious ones are the base freighter, which at 500 cargo cap/logistics is more efficient than an Atlas (~300), and the tug, which only uses 0.6 (!!!) fuel/ly.
I must Disagree on that one. Just because they are better than X ship doesn't mean they are unbalanced.

True Faal-Corum's Drones are better than Astral's But astral is meant to stay on long range while Corum is meant to be in a medium range, hence it is closer to the fight and as such needs better defenses. Not to mention that it has less mounts and they are not 100% PD. It's a Med Range Support Ship after all with small Carrier capability, not a 100% dedicated Carrier.

As far as I understand a base Freighter is a typical one yes? Then how is a Cruiser sized Cargo ship better than the monstrous Atlas? If you are comparing it to the Neerin, that's another case. Neerin is better so what? As far as I know it's more expensive.

Tugs are very, very efficient indeed. Theyr low fuel consumption comes at a cost. They can barely defend themselves. And in order to haul most of your fleet you need ALOT of them, which would be oblivious to use at a high fuel cost. Which in turn would render them useless. As of now they are small ships that help you to increase the Campaign speed of your fleet and double as little Freighters. They are ideal for relatively big fleets of small ships. Can't express the critical value they hold in any and all of my Hiigaran fleets.

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 01, 2015, 07:37:04 PM »

It does mean it's unbalanced. The issue is not whether it's better or worse than an Astral (that's a meaningless comparison, the Astral is for a totally different fleet composition). It's that it has a flight deck, the best missile/fighter-sweeping system in the game, and enough speed to indefinitely kite most ships smaller than cruisers, for the same logistics cost as the two vanilla non-combat carriers, with no drawbacks. That's bad. Due to AI targeting priority drone systems are also much better than they seem to be at first glance.

If you buy two of the freighters, you get the capacity of an Atlas for 2 logistics less at 5 burn instead of 2. They also at least have some chance of escaping in a pursuit. The Atlas is the most efficient freighter in vanilla because it has almost no other advantages and is an incredible liability in combat. For reference the Tarsus and Buffalo are the next most efficient at ~140 capacity per logistics; the Tarsus's advantage is burn drive, and the Buffalo's advantage is being cheap, which isn't really a concern. Past early game you're not deploying freighters as support, so these freighters are best in class with no drawbacks, which is bad.

Funnily the Neerin is actually much less of an issue; I haven't looked at a more detailed stat breakdown, but you get 2500 cargo for 8 logistics (a little worse than an Atlas) in exchange for competent defenses, 1 more burn, and 160 ordinance. Still an overall much better deal, but at least it's not an unquestionably better choice.

The Ox has literally no advantages aside from having a tow cable, and uses 5 fuel/ly. No ship in vanilla uses less than 1 fuel/ly, tug or not. The Luun's only drawback is 4 logistics; if you take out 1 for the tug, you have a 200 cargo freighter for 3 logistics, which is bad but not awful, given that it has shields and mounts. But 0.6 fuel/ly makes all of that completely irrelevant.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 03, 2015, 05:26:20 AM »

Interesting points, but Hiigarans are mostly High-Tech ships and keep in mind balancing is not really inline with current vanilla standards yet.
 A good example for this are the Cho Torpedo launchers, a direct hit to the hull with those babies will wreck any ship.

I wanted to create a new thread to incapsulate Hiigarans and Bushi but I seem to be unable to start a new topic in the main mods thread.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2015, 08:55:04 AM »

You can't, you have to create the thread on the modding sub-forum at first. When you'll get out a working version, Gothars/Erick/Lazy will move the thread to the Mods forum.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 03, 2015, 09:08:51 AM »

You can't, you have to create the thread on the modding sub-forum at first. When you'll get out a working version, Gothars/Erick/Lazy will move the thread to the Mods forum.

Ah, so that's why  :) Thanks

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 03, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »

Quick update regarding Hiigara:
Tweaked lights and added light effects for all weapons.
Added another system where you can fight Hiigarans enemies to gain rep in a more reliable way.
Modified a few weapon and ships stats.
Added new illustration images for planets/stations.
Modified market conditions to hopefully balance the prices a bit better.

Bushi update:
Created 3 systems.
Added basic market conditions.
Got a few basic fleets up and spawning.
Still have a lot to do, rebalance ships/weapons, add lights.

No ETA at the moment unfortunately for both updates but i can promise that I will release both of them at the same time. Most likely in a new thread.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 14, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »

I'm not sure if it's Nexerelin or the 0.65.2a version of Hiigaran, but the pirates have enormous spawn rates. Wondering about it because I think it was mentioned that the pirate faction was modified somewhere in this.

Might just be my imagination though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:29:50 PM by Nanao-kun »

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2015, 10:06:10 AM »

I'm not sure if it's Nexerelin or the 0.65.2a version of Hiigaran, but the pirates have enormous spawn rates. Wondering about it because I think it was mentioned that the pirate faction was modified somewhere in this.

Might just be my imagination though.

Lots of pirates you say? Don't see anything wrong in a target rich environment  ;D
Haven't tested Hiigs with Nexerelin I don't think it works properly.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 17, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »

Never mind, it was just Nexerelin with very large pirate patrols.

CaptainRockwellTorry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 28, 2015, 03:04:49 AM »

Can't seem to get this to work! It blows off with the following error: Fatal Error compiling (data.scripts.world.HiiModPlugin) Cause:File "data/scripts/world/HiiModPlugin.Java', Line 23, Column19: Unknown variable or type "ShaderLib" Check starsector.log for more info. I'm running starsector 0.65.2a-RC2 with krazyLib. However KrazLib is all you specify as being needed. Is something else needed? Any help would be appreciated with this. I also can't seem to locate the starsector.log to try and get more info.

CaptainRockwellTorry

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #656 on: March 28, 2015, 03:27:03 AM »

The current version does need ShaderLib, you can get it here.

starsector.log can be found in Starsector/starsector-core on Windows or just Starsector/ (IIRC, can't check right now) on Linux.

Jc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 31, 2015, 08:08:39 AM »

Great Mod ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Everything works great. I just have a question about nexrelin compatibility and that is....

Is there any way to get the sajuuk kar to spawn in the stores. I got maxxed rep to 100 but I couldnt find it

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 31, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »

It's probably very rare. I never found it in probably over 30 hours or gameplay.

Also, since we're on this thread, I seem to find at least 2 to 3 Goliath Carriers in every single station/planet. Open market, black market, special market, everywhere. It's so common it's insane.

it must be a bug.

alfalfa140

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 31, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »

Great Mod ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Everything works great. I just have a question about nexrelin compatibility and that is....

Is there any way to get the sajuuk kar to spawn in the stores. I got maxxed rep to 100 but I couldnt find it

It's definitely there, got it yesterday or so. If you see it, would recommend committing to it. Thing eats enemy capitals.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64