Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466999 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.6.2a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.1.0
« Reply #585 on: November 20, 2014, 02:46:02 AM »

Just took a second look and changed my mind.
I can't blame you. ;)
Almost all of the code will have to be rewritten from scratch or heavily modified.
I was afraid of that. Not looking forward to start from page one again, especially with my seriously limited skills.
Someday I'll put my thinking cap on again, after Alex has closed in on the big 1.0. :)

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 20, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »

Awwww :(

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 20, 2014, 05:03:06 AM »

Conversion process takes 4-8 hours minimum and that's assuming you know what you're doing. I've done a couple, it's not that hard. Plenty of examples around.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 22, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

Just took a second look and changed my mind.
I can't blame you. ;)
Almost all of the code will have to be rewritten from scratch or heavily modified.
I was afraid of that. Not looking forward to start from page one again, especially with my seriously limited skills.
Someday I'll put my thinking cap on again, after Alex has closed in on the big 1.0. :)
*cries in a corner*
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Xeroshiva1029

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 29, 2015, 11:31:12 PM »

ETA to the update? i REALLY LOVE YOUR MOD

(P.S. those who play steam check this *** out!!!!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160/ )

Xeroshiva1029

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 29, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »

ETA to the update? i REALLY LOVE YOUR MOD

(P.S. those who play steam check this *** out!!!!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160/ )

i mean if i have to i will roll back to 6.2a if need be.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 02, 2015, 09:59:44 PM »

Does anyone have any idea?

In my last playthrough I was going all out to be friends with Hiigaran's and I did. But I was extremely disappointed by their supply convoys. I spent around 10 hours in that playthrough. And I was checking the Angel Moon's shop every time a Supply Convoy delivered goods. YET they only seemed to fill the shop with tons of fighters. At firts they had one and a half lines of fighters in the shop list, then it was about ten lines worth of Bombers Interceptors and Fighters, that I didn't even use cuz I had no carriers. But the most sad part, they didn't bring ANY new Corvette's besides the initial 5-6 that I bought. I was obviously getting new ships through Badges but that's another thing. So if anyone encountered this. Is it a poorely coded convoys or is that just my luck?

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 03, 2015, 04:04:53 AM »

You don't play Steam, it's a thing for... for... Remastered?

http://youtu.be/be6I7_TVUgw
Consider fully automatic Russian roulette

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 19, 2015, 07:02:39 AM »

It's been two weeks and no more comments. Dayum.
After a while, my previous problem stopped being a problem thanks to Omnifactory now I make huge fleets that use Fiirkan's as a main horse.
I love the mod very much because the ships are amazing. They look good they have a very low Skeleton Crewrequirments and supply demand that however grows with the hull size.
Did I already say how much I love them Corvettes? They are relatively fast, very agile and have an amazing built in weapon. It's not very powerfull but it gets the job done. Grab a few of these and provide them some backup in the face of a Rathan/Vraan or two and you can crack Cruisers. Add even more numbers to that with a cherry Jneer on top. And you've got a fearsome fleet. And We haven't even got to the Capital ships. Also I flied the Pride of New Hiigara in that mission. That thing is a beast. Love it. I noticed that the overall Hiigaran navy focuses on Close Ranged Combat. Would be nice to have additional Frigate/Cruiser/Cap ships with long range capability. And a long range weapon of some sort would be nice. I am being killed by Singularity Cannon's. I love and hate them so much. I love them because they are a good weapon. But hate them because they are asymmetrical. And I hate asymmetry.

Great Work Gotcha! I hope to see this mod bigger, faster, better, stronger! In the future, keep it up!

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 19, 2015, 07:19:41 AM »

You do realize this mod is nearly dead right? Gotcha's basically been gone for almost half a year
I really don't know what I'm doing...

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 19, 2015, 08:53:51 PM »

You do realize this mod is nearly dead right? Gotcha's basically been gone for almost half a year

Ehm no? I am no telepath I don't read thoughts of people on the other side of the internet. Besides, Gotcha being absent doesn't mean the mod isn't good. Also, 3/4 months isn't half a year.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 19, 2015, 09:00:51 PM »

There are ways to undo the death sequence of every mod, it's just that some mods tend to be dead and come back to life by their authors in some time.

Or, other users would find the mod too good to stay dead.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2015, 12:47:46 AM »

Mind if I try converting the mod to 0.65.2a ? I wanted to try my hand at modding, but I can't really draw ships, have some programming experience though not in java ( but kinda wanna learn some java too).

omatkoicorko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2015, 03:51:17 AM »

Mind if I try converting the mod to 0.65.2a ? I wanted to try my hand at modding, but I can't really draw ships, have some programming experience though not in java ( but kinda wanna learn some java too).
im not sure, but owner of this mod said that if someone is able to update it, he has nothing against that at least put him in credits.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 20, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »

Update:

Created 2 Hiigaran controled systems with planets and stations.

To do:
Revamp weapon balance - trying to bring it inline with SS+ balance.
Add a few more variants
Markets
Make the stations...interactionable(currently they don't do anything).
Fleets
ShaderLib effects.

At the moment I'm having a bad time trying to add ships/fleet into the campaign. I've seen that you need to add ship roles and fleet types (?) but I don't really understand how this is supposed to work yet. I get that  now generating fleets dynamic but I don't understand where you define these roles/fleet types. I'm new at this so any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)
I really want to bring this mod back to life till Gotcha can come back.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:12:08 PM by DefiasOne »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 64