Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 469742 times)

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.0.0
« Reply #450 on: October 19, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »

Probably not. this breed of Hiigarans are not the kushans we all know and love. for one thing, we have no Karan S'Jet to become fleet command :(
and as much as I would love having a mother ship that can pop out other ships mid-battle, I have been... disabused of such OP ideas...
as for banana-shaped ships in our future? who knows?

I would, however, let Gotcha rest for now. he deserved it.  ;D

Danthar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 20, 2013, 02:42:53 AM »

So i have been playing this mod in combination with Exerelin.

And I noticed that Hiigaran fleets almost never spawn with anything larger then a Cruiser. Which means the get used as a floor mob in every game. Same goes when I took the hiigarans as my playing faction. The battlecruisers and stuff almost never spawn, and some never do.

After some digging I realized that this problem is probably caused because most of the stronger vessels are actually classified as elite ships in exerelin. Which drops their spawn chance to..very very low. Which means that the chance of AI fleets with capitals spawning is like 1%, and means they never spawn in station.

Im not sure if this balance issue is something you need to fix, or that the author of Exerelin needs to fix. Either way it makes for frustrating games, and i stopped playing with the hiigarans.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 20, 2013, 02:50:24 AM »

So i have been playing this mod in combination with Exerelin.

And I noticed that Hiigaran fleets almost never spawn with anything larger then a Cruiser. Which means the get used as a floor mob in every game. Same goes when I took the hiigarans as my playing faction. The battlecruisers and stuff almost never spawn, and some never do.

After some digging I realized that this problem is probably caused because most of the stronger vessels are actually classified as elite ships in exerelin. Which drops their spawn chance to..very very low. Which means that the chance of AI fleets with capitals spawning is like 1%, and means they never spawn in station.

Im not sure if this balance issue is something you need to fix, or that the author of Exerelin needs to fix. Either way it makes for frustrating games, and i stopped playing with the hiigarans.

Probably best you take that up with me then :) I may have been too hasty in classing ships as elite. I'll look into moving more of the Hiigaran ships into normal fleets.

EDIT: Actually, having just looked, all Hiigaran ships are available in normal Exerelin fleets. Is there something in particular that is missing?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:54:06 AM by Zaphide »

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2013, 06:27:33 AM »

Anything beyond a Kun-lan doesn't spawn for me when I play hiigarans. That means no ships like: The carrier, the battlecruiser, the battleship, (and their respective weapons like the Large Ion turret mk2. or singularity cannon). My faction gets owned by blob bushi fleets or hegemony :(

Danthar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2013, 06:53:31 AM »

Well i have seen the Carrier, and the singularity cannons (playing with neutrino now, and outfitting them with singularity cannons rocks ass). However beyond that I have to agree.
Based on having played with the hiigarans for about 10 times, and each times up to lvl 15 or so. And having played against them a few times as well (currently in a game where im lvl 22). ( I actually turfed them because i wanted to get a feel for the chance calc being used )

The following ships have decent spawn rates (in station):

- The Saari troop transport and anything below
- The Saarkin, Jneer, Vanaar and Skaal cruisers.
- Kuun-lan heavy missle cruiser
- Qwaar BC (obviously later in game, and it takes a while before you can afford it, but spawnrate is acceptable when used in combo with omnifactory)
- Koshiir BC (same as Qwaar)
- Taiid carrier (usually the first larger vessel the be available in station for some reason.)

The following ships are almost rare:

- Vihr freighter, its odd how this particular ship is almost never available. Which hurts the most early game. And i usually end up buying a freighter from an allied station.
- Sajuuk (never ever seen it)
- Hiigaran mining station (never seen it, is it even a flyable ship?)
- Wodaan carrier (never seen it)
- Neerin superfreighter (rare: but have seen it once or twice, i think its also used in the boarding fleets)
- Sajuuk khar (never seen it)

So you can get most ships in station as being the player. So that is not a huge issue. And coincidently its not my main concern.
What my main concern is is that i have never seen an hiigaran AI fleet fielding anything stronger then cruisers in their fleet. Not even when playing against them, in which they had like 7 stations spread over 2 systems. So thats why i thought that there might be something wrong in their faction file or something.

Its simply statistically impossible for them not to have such fleets when all the other factions do. However I am willing to do more testing.

edit: forgot to add: Rebel fleets do have fleets with BC's and stuff.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:07:54 AM by Danthar »

Scrambles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »

I would say there is probably something preventing the Sajuuk Khar from ever spawning... I'm playing a Hiigaran game and am at level 42 without ever seeing one...

I also haven't seen the more advanced weapon systems ever become available to purchase... (though I think I've looted some stuff off of rebel fleets, go figure).

Hiigaran AI fleets seem to be "underpowered" in that they apparently lose most encounters with other AI fleets - I have no idea what basis that win/lose calculation goes on though :/

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 20, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »

Hiigaran AI fleets seem to be "underpowered" in that they apparently lose most encounters with other AI fleets - I have no idea what basis that win/lose calculation goes on though :/

goes on crew level, shield eff, total ordnance points, and weapon sizes X how many.

Scrambles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2013, 05:44:36 AM »

It seems like the advanced (tier 3) weapons are largely unavailable in Exerelin because there are no variants included with the Hiigaran mod that use them (unless I'm missing something but I think I checked all the variant files...).

Is the 'High Velocity' single barrel large gun used anywhere? Same goes for the flak cannon and the large version of the sustained ion beam.

I  notice that these aren't in the ships/weapons picture either - are they considered WIP?

Managed to get hold of a Sajuuk Khar (simple fix in Exerelin thread) so I shall never be flying anything else again ever - I do kinda wish it had some ballistic slots though :D

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2013, 06:20:00 AM »

Dunno if this has been brought up before or not (lotta pages in here) but the beam weapons are currently ridiculously more powerful than vanilla "equivalents". The ... I forget the name... the small slot point defense beam (burst laser equivalent) is not only more powerful, but also uses fewer OP to fit. The sustained Ion beam is 2x a phase beam (but with increased flux usage to compensate) but is also really easy to fit on ships, giving larger ships a beam weapon that is actually more powerful than the High Intensity Laser (albeit shorter range) that fits in a mid slot.

As far as the ships go, most of them have side turrets that can fire over the hump of the ship and across to the other side, which seems... wrong. Most notably the Taiid carrier's forward facing, side mounted large turrets, but almost all of them do this to an extent.

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 21, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »

I wanted only to inform You Gotha! that You have been ofitially accused and found guilty of making me instaling Homeworld 2 on my PC. It is hard... Your crime is far greater than that - You actually made me wondering if HM3 will ever be made...

Seriously, really great mod! I always wanted to be able to take personal ride in Hiigarian battlecruiser from HM2. Now, thanks to You I could :)

Small suggestion - lower supply consumption for Hiigarian fighter/bomber wings :)

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 21, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »

You actually made me wondering if HM3 will ever be made...

Slightly off-topic, but Gearbox has announced a HD remake of both games as well as making Shipbreakers a official Homeworld title.

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 21, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »

Slightly off-topic, but Gearbox has announced a HD remake of both games as well as making Shipbreakers a official Homeworld title.

Heh. Kinda beat you to that announcement by about 3 months (check pg 17 of the thread)  ;D

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2013, 04:24:02 AM »

What is Shipbreakers?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 05, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »

So Gotcha, are you still working on this mod? If yes, would you consider expanding it with vaygr race? Or considering the mod backstory - a Vaygr'ish race or a race originating from vaygr?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:21:15 PM by Kalthaniell »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #464 on: November 05, 2013, 02:45:42 PM »

Hi there! :D
Currently I'm having a break, but I will work on it again. Dunno when though. I feel a bit burned out.

Anyway, the Vaygr are out of the question I'm afraid, since these Hiigarans are direct descendants from the exiled Hiigarans, some 200 years ago. The Vaygr come into existence many thousands of years later, so it doesn't really fit. :-\

Nice to see you reply here. Without you my mods would not have existed. :)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64