Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 467041 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.6.3
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »

Some of you might notice the Homeworld music has been removed from the main post.

I think it's okay to have shared it since Relic and Sierra are apparently okay with the unofficial soundtrack that's freely downloadable from the internet and Relic's forum. Alex expressed some worries about the legality however. And after a lot of googling I have not been able to find an official statement from Relic or Sierra. Since Sierra is dead and Relic unfortunately going the same direction answers might be hard to get.

So I cannot do anything else than agree with Alex and take the cautious path here. My apologies.

If you're reading this and you're thinking, "Hey, I want this mod's music too!" I'm sorry, but I won't be sharing it.

Thanks! Carry on. ;)

ChildServices

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2013, 03:18:12 PM »

I would love to see Vaygr and even Taiidan ships in future versions. That would make this mod all the more epic, especially if I could use my beloved Taiidan assault frigates <3

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:49 AM »

Hi there,

I think the Susatained Ion Beam might be a bit over the top  ;)
Spoiler
My YT-Vid you can see how they melt through everything.
Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04zl4s6wwq0
[close]
The Pride of Hiigara´s "Main Gun" well, does that ,too but looks weak in comparison due to the extremly high flux cost
Spoiler
YT-Vid #2 Pride of new Hiigara
Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smbq9bkrAtQ
[close]
But Pride of Hiigara looks soooo much better ;D
So IMHO both weapons/ships could need some adjustments.

Chronosfear
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »

Most people seem to find them too weak. But maybe the Sajuuk has too many weapon mounts, allowing too great a number of these beams.
Also, it appeared to me that your Sajuuk had a multitude of enhancements installed. Which were these?
And what level was your character? If you maximize your character's level then it almost doesn't matter what ship you fly in; it practically makes you immortal. :)

The Pride and Skaal's main gun might appear a lot less effective compared, but their range advantage has them pick off any ship from any size from a safe distance.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:16:41 AM by Gotcha! »

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »

On both vids I used the same Character.
Focused on raw power. Level 46 or something.
so yep you get close to immortal .. still some ships are weaker then others  ( eg. conquest ^^ but i love it anyway )
but you can compare them even at that point of the game  ;D how easy or not so easy you dig chew yourself through the enemies

both Ships used nearly the same upgrades
-Used both range extending upgrades ( should work for the ion beams )
-expanded magazines for my PD´s
-maxing flux cap and vent
that´s all you need

Ok, the Pride is dedicated carrier which i have not seen at first. ( will be awesome in 0.6 i think ^^ )

still think the Prides main gun is somewhat bad ( yeah range and dmg is great ) but due to the high flux as i said, it only good in player hands.
Pride (and skaal?) also flys like a brick  ::)  .. you got 1 shot and then they go in and overload an AI controlled variant if it´s not the "immortal variant of maximized doom"

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »

If the Pride's guns are similar to the Skaal's, I don't know if it would be that weak (I never drove the Sajuuk before). I used to snipe destroy nearly any ship with the Skaal laser system, because it has huge burst damage and range. Sure, it has huge flux costs too but it's a burst weapon and the problem can be solved by venting after each fire. I actually thought it was quite overpowered because it's almost an alpha strike and cuts through hull like cheese.

Yes, the ai is not that good with the weapon... but the ai is generally stupid in weapon usage. You could get the same result by installing a bunch of heavy blasters. maybe in 0.6 with custom ais, that won't be a problem.

Currently, I think it's a good weapon with clear strengths and weaknesses. Long range, it's a freaking planet destroyer but it's usage becomes somewhat limited at short range. Also, if every weapon and system needed to be designed with good ai usage in mind, that could also severely limit the freedom of play on the player. I think some special weapons or ships would be fun. So I personally disagree that the Skaal laser system mechanic needs change.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2013, 05:10:42 AM »

@Chronosfear: The Skaal and Pride's beam will remain untouched I'm afraid. If played well you can take on almost any enemy ship with them, so buffing them even more would certainly upset the balance in the Force.
I can live with the AI not using them well. It might be for the better. x)
They fly like bricks, indeed. Until you start throwing hull upgrades on them. And having a bunch of points in Helmsman will further improve their mobility. Giving them higher speed and mobility right from the start leads to ridiculous high speeds later in the game.

I'd like to have more opinions about the sustained beams before I change them. Some find them too weak, some find them too strong. Poor me is very confused.

@valefore: They're basically the same. The Pride one has a slight range advantage and a really minor damage increase if I remember correctly. :)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2013, 05:37:06 AM »

Have you ever though of adding ships from the complex homeworld 2 mod?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/homeworld-2-complex-enhanced/images

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2013, 06:00:02 AM »

I can only add a ship if I have a decent 2d image of a ship, since I draw like an 8-year old.
But there won't be any ships added. I think there are plenty, all with at least some form of unique function, and I ran out of Kalthaniel's artwork. :P
And I'm not really into making 3 variations per ship like MrDavidoff does. ^_^' (No offense. Your ships look great but there are sooo maaaannyyyyy.)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2013, 06:09:17 AM »

As someone whos got no drawing skills myself i understand :D

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.7.0
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2013, 08:46:33 AM »

v1.7.0
- Vaahrok is now a torpedo ship.
- Added High Velocity Cannon. I'd love to have someone make something special out of this. *puppy eyes*
Right now it's a bit meh. Speed of projectile is very high, so that it sometimes passes through smaller objects, like fighters, and sometimes passes through shields, hitting the hull behind it. I'd love an ability to have it always penetrate shields, but I dunno if that's possible.
- Added two portraits for the player.
- Mod is (hopefully) 0.6a compatible.

Isimiel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.7.0
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2013, 11:35:15 AM »

sweet but you should change the ions to blue (unless your going for a phased cannon array look) ps my drawing is worse then yours  :P

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: [0.6a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.0.0
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »

[0.6a] v1.0.0
- System "New Hiigara" created. A pirate planet is present in order to keep the Hiigarans busy. Neutral traders are also spawned.
- Updated and balanced all Hiigaran ships with the new 0.6a ship values/parameters.
- Tviir damage lowered by 33%.
- High Velocity Cannon sprite updated and stats changed. Now uses xenoargh's Heat projectile script. A hit will do damage on multiple sections of the ship, regardless of shields.
- The Pride of Hiigara is now 80% cheaper. (240.000 credits and 15 cents)
- Added new Station near jumphole, which lore-wise stores confiscated pirate goods/ships.

- Special thanks go to LazyWizard, Zaphide and Alex for helping me drag this mod into the new world that is 0.6a; they saved me a lot of clumsying around.
- Special thanks also goes to xenoargh for his special weapon effects and allowing everyone to use them.

- I am using mediafire now, because I'd like to take note of how much my mods are downloaded.

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »

Thanks for your update of your mod. I will try it out now, are you going to update your other mods to? I have been trying myself for my own personal use but am having no luck in figuring out how to do it

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »

Bushi is also updated. My bunch of minimods will be updated next, although it might take a while. :)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64