Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 64

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Hiigaran Descendants v2.0.4/v5  (Read 466932 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Hiigaran Descendants v1.4
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »

The Jneer's twin frontal large mounts certainly make it powerful but it's not indestructible. In fact, I often woefully overestimate mine and end up getting wiped because the shields don't last as long as I thought they would. The Saarkin, I'm surprised it rates so highly. One heavy gun, two mediums is all it's got for it's main arsenal. Unless you wanna get into knife fight ranges to make use of kinetic drivers.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »

Not to worry, I haven't downgraded them much. :) And I increased the purchase price. That should fluxuate the rating a bit too I think?

legion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Total Annihilation Papercraft
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »

A good Cruiser to start with is the Troop transporter. At 12k, it is the only energy capable big ship, the other one just has ballistic and is even slower...

You might want to add a cheap 3 or 4 FP fighter, after buying the badge, you can get a (combat) cruiser with a landing strip, but with only 10 hangar space, you could only field 1 wing, no matter the type of fighter (if you do employ HD forces only). Or make a dedicated hangar ship, similar to the cruiser transports.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2013, 05:32:37 PM »

I haven't flown the Troop Transport, but the number of mounts it have given me the impression it's more like a fighting freighter than an "OMG, bad guys, LEG IT!" freighter.

Also I fiddled with the chainguns a bit more  :P
Alternating fire, "doubled" RoF, "half" flux per shot. This is the result. Also, check that out. All 6 flak guns pumping almost 300 hull damage a hit into that poor Domi. I think the glow radius of the shots could be toned down, because I can't see what's happening under there. I just know stuff is dying.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuGUHlihH6Y&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

The pack has arrived!

heh, i had a bit of fun with these ships

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »

And people say the Council is OP.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »

@Legion: Thanks for your feedback.
I've made many ships more expensive, including the transports.
I don't think more ships will be added though. It's quite full as it is. But the Faal-Corum and Wodaan will have their hangar space increased.

@Silver Silence: Dropped glow radius by a third for next update.
And, yeah, I kinda pictured the ship to be some kind of rock-for-brains space marine-infested boarding vessel, not that tough in a fight, but can at least hold its own for a while.

@Ember: I like them a lot too. I am glad I kept them as frigates, not fighters. They're like tiny frigate midgets, poking at giants with hot iron sticks.

@Silver Silence #2: Upgraded ship I take it? Half damage on? Well, good thing it'll get nerfed in the next update. Muhaha.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »

heh, yea that ship is definitely OP btw the council ships, almost all of them are below the balance line

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »

@Silver Silence #2: Upgraded ship I take it? Half damage on? Well, good thing it'll get nerfed in the next update. Muhaha.
Full damage, notable upgrades being +50% RoF perk, +25% range perk and about +30% OP due to skills. Allowed me to chuck 50/30 caps/vents, the layman's ITU, Resistant Flux, Accel Shields, Extended Shields and Adv. Gyros. Since that post, I've managed to skill up for another 20% OP giving me +50% OP in total. I've also moved up to the Qwaar and have created this not-so-little beauty. And this isn't even my final form!

Now I shall be right back and see how well I can smack some Council ship 'round the head with this thing.

EDIT:
First fight in the Qwaar against a Council supply fleet. Strike 1 battleship, 1 battlecarrier, 1 cruiser, 3 transports, 1 destroyer, 3 frigates and 2 fighter wings. Damage suffered from the Venator battlecarrier due to it's carrier nature making it want to stay out of the way so I charged in with burn drive and took some mauler rounds all over the right side along with some blaster shots from it's built-in laser cannons.

DOUBLE EDIT:
btw the council ships, almost all of them are below the balance line
:P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:27:42 PM by Silver Silence »

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »

just providing the data, try going against the nomads, thier rating is 1.32 i think

my ships keep on evolving the more i post to that spriters thread

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »

I've fought the Nomads many times. The destroyer, Gila and Sandstorm are the only ships to really worry about. Unless you can't handle a few missiles, in which case you probably want to keep an eye on the missile ships. The Yellowjacket tickles most bigger ships, as do their fighter wings and the other frigate. The Sandstorm can and will wreck face if you give it half a chance, and the Gila Monster, just don't get in it's way and you'll be fine.

Ember

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »

meh, i shoved that one cruiser into the face of both cap ships on the nomads, the gila monster i tore apart easily, the crab shaped one though i had a bit more difficulty

oh yea, if you look at the video i posted back an look at the name of my ship you would fin something amusing

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »

Back to the topic of colour coded guns, I'm actually entirely wrong. HE is the red-coloured damage when looked at in stats, while frag is the yellow damage. Kinetic is still white/gray and energy is still blue, but I got HE and frag back to front.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »

Running 1.4 and the badge of Admiralty hasn't registered for about an ingame week. Is there some kind of timer on it? There wasn't on the others...
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2013, 04:08:28 AM »

@Vinya: Did you load an old savegame saved with an older mod version? For everything to spawn properly you'll need to start a new game. :( There's no timer.

@Others: I wonder: Is it just as easy to use a fully outfitted council/gedune/insertmodhere ship and molest a Hiigaran fleet?
I am going to try this myself when I have the time. This one-man/ship-army thing is ridiculous. x)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 64