Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Log Button  (Read 1317 times)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Log Button
« on: June 15, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »

In the spirit of comparing this game to M&B, I think this game is desperately needing a log button that brings up a list of all the messages that have played on the strategic map, this is quite important because these messages disappear whenever you interact with anything on the strategic map.

I have went through two instances when a list of urgently marked messages (playing a mod, but I assume it would eventually become important as more stuff happens on the strategic map) coloured appropriately come up from the bottom of the screen only long enough that I register that they are important but not long enough that I actually read through them.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Log Button
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 12:03:25 AM »

Strongly seconded. I've run into the 'important message appears a split second before you interact with a station or fleet' situation you mentioned too many times to count.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Log Button
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:09:36 AM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the message system is just a placeholder like most stuff in the campaign.

Uh, wait, I'm not just pretty sure, here:

I'd like to have a much more robust and full-featured way of handling messages - probably to the extend of them having a dedicated tab in the UI.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.