Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Battlefront 3  (Read 4349 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefront 3
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:36:35 PM »

Whoo! it's about freaking time! I'm a bit worried about EA being in charge though.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 01:44:11 PM »

Kinda hard to have a AAA game and not have EA in charge anymore.

I love the Battlefield series, and I have faith that DICE could make Battlefront just as awesome.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »

Battlefront was always more about a little cheap fun to me, haha. It was never about being as awesome as other games.

Still I have hope. It should be pretty awesome.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »

I think other people are happy too as the site has crashed :P

Also there was a mod/game being made that was pretty much BF3 but was free and looks awesome:
http://www.moddb.com/company/star-wars-battlecry-team/news

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 3.

We need now only Half Life 3, and the world shall explode.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 3.

We need now only Half Life 3, and the world shall explode.
Valve can't count to 3, though.  :P

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »

A DICE Starwars game is going to be freaking off the hook. Cant wait to see what epicosity they will pull of.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »

I cant agree more with you guys.
battlefront 2 was my first shooter ,so I cant wait for the new one to be released!
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »

Just as long as they set it up like Battlefront 2, as far as classes go. None of the newfangled unlock tree BS.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »

I'm extremely excited for this. Battlefront 2 is one of my favorite games despite its many flaws. There aren't many shooters where you're just a disposable grunt on the battlefield with no special powers, and BF is probably the best of that small subgenre.

I hope space battles are still in. Landing a troop transport in the hanger of the enemy's capital ship and leading a squad to sabotage their ship systems are some of my fondest gaming memories. :)

Whoo! it's about freaking time! I'm a bit worried about EA being in charge though.

Hey, the old games had LucasArts in charge. In terms of mind-blowingly incompetent management, I think LucasArts wins. ;)

But more importantly, DICE are developing the game! Since Battlefront started as a Star Wars-flavored clone of Battlefield, this is the perfect match of IP and studio. :)

Just as long as they set it up like Battlefront 2, as far as classes go. None of the newfangled unlock tree BS.

Battlefront 2 did have unlocks, tons of them. If you ground medals long enough, you'd permanently unlock stat bonuses and the vastly superior versions of class weapons (sniper pistol, more accurate rifle, guided rocket launcher, flechette shotgun, etc) instead of having to earn them each battle. Since earning them the usual way took most of a battle for the good ones, this was a huge boost to your effectiveness. Plus there was that whole "must earn x points before you can choose this class" thing, though that was always unlocked per battle.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:59:31 PM by LazyWizard »

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 07:47:29 AM »

Well yeah, not many people actually knew you could unlock those permanently though. With today's gaming community those would be all to common I think, unless they made it extremely difficult to attain them.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.