Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pirate Relations  (Read 1770 times)

Scottnolan333

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pirate Relations
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »

Hey guys i was just wondering if there was any plans to allow the player to team up with the pirates or at least make peace with them ? As without frequent saving trying to dock at the pirate station early on can be heart attack inducing and just a very irritating ballet trying to wiggle pass the fleets  (i have lost many a fine sailor and ship to reckless attempts of docking ) it would also remove the weird pirate acceptance of your ship into there base but then upon leaving getting set upon by the fleets.

I was thinking if this is added the lower your reputation with the pirates  the higher the prices they charge in there station. As for gaining reputation with the pirates i was thinking attacking the other 2 factions fleets would create a small amount of respect, attacking neutrals would gain an average amount of respect and attacking the supply fleets would gain a good chunk of respect, also maybe a system to pay tribute to the pirates leaders/leader (not to sure on pirate lore or hierarchy) which gains respect depending on the amount paid.

Thanks for any answers in advance and i apologize for this turning into more of a suggestion at the end my mind got turning as i was typing  ;D 

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Relations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »

Current implementation of the reputation system is a place holder and pretty much non-existant in the base game. Basically, if you make a faction mad, they stay mad. Pirates start mad at you because pirates. Attacking one of the other factions makes that particular faction permanently mad at you.

There's no way currently to raise your reputation with a faction. That'll change in future updates when faction relations will actually matter. As it is, it's just something we have to live with, or download one of the lovely mods in the modding section.

Scottnolan333

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Relations
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:19:28 PM »

Current implementation of the reputation system is a place holder and pretty much non-existant in the base game. Basically, if you make a faction mad, they stay mad. Pirates start mad at you because pirates. Attacking one of the other factions makes that particular faction permanently mad at you.

There's no way currently to raise your reputation with a faction. That'll change in future updates when faction relations will actually matter. As it is, it's just something we have to live with, or download one of the lovely mods in the modding section.

Hey thanks for the quick response, i understood that you would be able to make nice with the other 2 factions but just wasn't to sure if the pirates worked the same :D

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:59:44 AM by Scottnolan333 »