Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nearly 2 Month's no Patch Notes  (Read 8982 times)

Movementcat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Nearly 2 Month's no Patch Notes
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »

Dear Guys,

i did stop playing Starfarer, even if it a great game but i need some new content to play, i know the answer is always "soon" but can we have atleast new Patch Notes?

and yes i did test a Mod(Uumoz) but a mod never comes close to real content what perfectly fits vanilla + sprites etc etc.

Greetings Movement

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly 2 Month's no Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 08:20:54 AM »

Soon-ish :)

No, really. I'm aware I haven't updated the patch notes in a while, planning to do so when I wrap up the current batch of stuff I'm working on.

FloW

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »

The next patch will be done (no, not soon) when it's done.

Patch notes usually are just a sort of "stretch goal". It takes a while to reach it. And considering that the entire encounter mechanic gets reworked I'm not surprised it takes that long.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.''
- Ford Prefect, creator of the giraffe; a very long time ago

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:47:06 AM »

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »

i hear ya MC

really can't wait for the next version either, getting a bit impatient here as well

I mean, against reasons I suppose I'll say hurry up, but that's not gonna do any good. It's not like alex doesn't know how hard this is on the community or anything

I am worried though, is this gonna be how long all future patches take, as far as you can tell? (no promises, I know I know, but still)
mmm.... tartiflette

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »

A few friends and I have just rediscovered Civilization V, so I'm all set. You may release when ready sir.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »

I don't honestly think it matters. Yeah, it sucks when you think that the game going on Version .6 means it'll probably be in development for a couple years to come, but the only situation where that's really a "bad thing" is if something else similar is released that kills it.

(EDIT: Well, a lot can happen in x years. Fractal Software could bankrupt or something. But I doubt that.)

Which isn't really likely, nor is it actually bad for us, because we'd have what we want.

The infrequency of the patch notes is entirely irrelevant. I can plan for what I want to do with my mods, but that doesn't even take 10 minutes of reading the notes to realize what I want to do with the new features.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE hearing news. The Patch Notes, and especially updates, give off the same vibes as reading about/purchasing a whole new game. But for however long it's been since I bought it, I've just stopped caring so much.

(That's not a bad thing.)

Movementcat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 12:34:41 AM »

The Community is still small if you compare the future when this game is released on Steam :-) so i think there is plenty of Money not collected yet :-) my crystall sphere said that ^^

Pentakill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 10:43:54 PM »

IMO if Alex can be on the forums answering questions every single day but refuse to show us even a single patch note for going on two months he's not spending his time how he should be.
#annoyedcustomer

PerturbedPug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »

Maybe he is still working on it? Give him some time, I'd rather have a generally bug free and polished version than a rushed out one.

Decer304

• Commander
  • Starsector starts with the letter "S"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 12:32:48 AM »

I dont really mind about patch notes gaps, i'll just wait till it comes out. I really hope that it'll be worth while waiting. As long as Alex keeps good communication with his community (which he has), i'm fine. That just shows me that he is still going with this game.
"Kat, 6, push back the attack on Sword Base find out what we are dealing with"

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »

IMO if Alex can be on the forums answering questions every single day but refuse to show us even a single patch note for going on two months he's not spending his time how he should be.
#annoyedcustomer
IMO how Alex spends his time is his prerogative, not yours.
#thisisnttwitter

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 02:48:41 AM »

#IMOIMO

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly 2 Months no Patch Notes
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 02:57:13 AM »