Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [MOD] Fairy Empire EN Ver0.32FIX again[0.54.1a]  (Read 43101 times)

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Fairy Empire EN Ver0.32FIX again[0.54.1a]
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »

So I just noticed missiles have near unlimited ammo. And the Pilum shoots 9 missiles at once. And on the Vigilance, it SPAMS those missiles at incredible speed.

Oh my.

You should see the pirate battleship with it's harpoon launchers.
I don't remember the actual # but its like 16 missile launchers launching over 10 missiles each.

It looks like a missile tidalwave.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »

I haven't checked out the Fairy ships yet. Stranded from being out of fuel. Should probably look to trade, but egh...

EDIT:
Also found the black market earlier. "What the act- Is that a station?! Tha hell is that thing? Oh, it's the Black Market. Hurr.."  < My reaction.

DOUBLE EDIT:
"Those anti-ship missiles seem so OP. Burst universal missile sprays already seem so OP. *fights a harasser fleet* Nope. Definitely not OP. Buffalos OP." Can you say Macross Missile Massacre?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:51:00 AM by Silver Silence »

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »

So I just noticed missiles have near unlimited ammo. And the Pilum shoots 9 missiles at once. And on the Vigilance, it SPAMS those missiles at incredible speed.

Oh my.

You should see the pirate battleship with it's harpoon launchers.
I don't remember the actual # but its like 16 missile launchers launching over 10 missiles each.

It looks like a missile tidalwave.

i am surprise that my notebook didn't crash out of it.

missile is reloading way too quick and it's not acting like real missile (limited by the game engine i guess)

i will love this mod much more without the missile madness and the fuel system.

I am unable to earn money if not losing it when every refuel took over 20k credit and it last like a week only. and the fairy station only get 1000 fuel stock which is only 1/3 to my small fleet....

what keep me in the mod is the cannon, this mod got the best canon among ALL mods here, the look, the effect, the gun trail its just amazing to look at.

just the high explosive motor is again way OP that I killed myself from my own bullet shot on enemy ship half screen away which has the AOE that large...
Fleet construction in progress.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

Trade.

For me, I found a route collecting food at the Hegemony, dumping it at the TriTach for profit, then collecting machinery from TriTach and dumping it at the Hegemony. A couple runs of that got me a fairy spamtastic missile cruiser.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »

DA PRICES
Spoiler
                 lcompresed foodl Prec Mech Partsl  CoffelPower Corel Video l  Synth
Tri-Tach      l  126               l   56                l  387  l  1172      l 561    l   ---
Pirate         l 136               l   176                l  422  l  1290      l 561    l   66
Empire        l ---                l   49                l  136   l  1406      l 612    l  189 
independent l126                l   176               l  352   l  402       l  192  l   189
Hegemony   l 36                 l    192              l  422   l 1290       l  612  l  206
[close]
i got it written on peace of paper & got bored so i posted here if anyone wanted prices can be a little bit different  from here but not that much (the prices changes )
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »

Ah, the independent black market is where to get the cheap cores? Time to go fill those freighters with power cores.

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 06:49:16 AM »

Ah, the independent black market is where to get the cheap cores? Time to go fill those freighters with power cores.

I wouldn't use the cores to earn money.

Imo buying tea from the fairies and selling it... wherever is theb est thing.
Just buy a large freighter (or more) and go crazy.

Personally i think power cores and holofilm weight is bugged.
I had a fleet of 3 capital class freighters and could only take 150 of those before getting a high accident chance.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »

I think the most money comes from selling coffee and pills.

Would it be hard to add more factions to this mod? I know how to change it in order to be allowed to use other mods with it but does anyone know of any other faction mods that would be compatible with this? Hard to play now without the trading options, it really adds alot to the game but I would love to see this merged with something like Exerelin.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2013, 02:42:33 PM »

Hey Xangle, I'd love your help to incorporate your trading mechanics into my new community driven mod, would you mind helping?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »

I think the most money comes from selling coffee and pills.

sadlywish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 10:28:20 PM »

Hey Xangle, I'd love your help to incorporate your trading mechanics into my new community driven mod, would you mind helping?
You got the wrong person = _ =
Xangle is the author of WWII ......
Trading system, I suggest, and fuel systems used together ...... but may also need to meet some systematic changes (such as access to modify the ship's route), because in the trading system, the amount of money in the hands of the players will be prohibitively high.
If you need to set the pattern of trade related information, I can arrange for you to provide (in fact, only one major XLS documents, used to complete the setting of price change price)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 12:37:54 AM »

Sorry man! I didn't mean to call you xangle. Really confused these days lol.

I'd still like your help though lol.

Mainly for scripting and stuff, but anything you can offer would be awesome!
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »

If this mod isn't a one-hit-wonder and you plan to keep updating, could you REALLY tone down the convoys for everyone? The TriTach station seems okay as does the Pirate station, but the Hegemony station is overflowing with a good 40-50 capital ships. The Fairy station is filled with Dawns, type A and B as well as Lords and Dawn IIs. Also, the Dawn II's fuel capacity is gimped to all hell. Something like 270 fuel capacity when a Dawn type A or B has around about 1700. I think the Type A actually carries more than that.

Weapon balance? Oh, I haven't tried most weapons. I dislike "burst" guns. Ones that fire shots in succession. Autopulse is not an example of that, I can still control whether I want to fire one shot, or twenty. The Quad 3500mm, for example, fires 4 shots without the ability to interrupt. It is possible to vent to interrupt fire, venting interrupts everything, good for cutting short a ship system that's doing more harm than good like a rather stupid Burn Drive. But because of my dislike for such weaponry, I haven't used many Fairy weapons. Various small guns fire in two-shot bursts, the mediums have three-shot autocannons, large weapons have things like the Quad 3500mm. I have used the twin and triple 1400. They're quite nice to play with. Haven't used many Fairy energy weapons. Many are burst weapons and feel same-y. Some are just upgrades of each other. The Antimatter Torpedo and the Plasma Torpedo. One is just a straight-up upgrade over the other. Then there are some that are just the best. The Modulated Boost Lance, for example, blows all other small beam weapons out of the water. The Photon Machine Gun with it's 600 energy DPS reminds me of the Chainblaster from Project Ironclads, and even serves a similar purpose. A PD weapon that is easily capable of putting the hurt on ships. UNLIKE the Chainblaster, the Photon Machine Gun has a practically insignificant flux/s for it's DPS. And, as a small weapon instead of a medium like the Chainblaster, it is MUCH easier to fit on ships.

Aesthetics (the looks). For the most part, I adore the design of the Fairy ships. I love the clean, bold white and red paintjobs. I also like, but at the same time dislike the design of the weaponry. Many fairy weapons use the same image, making it hard to differentiate them at a glance in a station inventory. All large, medium and small missile launchers use the same general image. While a cool effect for making it look like similar hardware, it makes it almost impossible to know if I'm looking at an Anti-Ship VLS, a Firefly VLS or a UniMissile (Universal Missile) VLS. Perhaps a modification to the sprites, Anti-Ship launchers sporting lesser but larger ports, Firefly launchers sporting many small ports and keeping UniMissiles as they are. While most fairy ballistic weapons all seem to have their own image, many energy weapons do not, which again makes it hard to tell them apart at a glance. It's not like "Oh, that's a Hypervelocity Driver, oh, that's a Heavy Mauler". It's "Oh, that's a beam weapon. And that. That one too. And that too." Something else on the topic of the weapons, they're shadowed. That's not necessarily a bad thing, shadows help give a sense of size and shape in an otherwise 2d image. But the shadows are offset, typically as if light was shining from the top left. Which means one side of a gun is various shades of gray, the other is black. Lighting should as if it's being shone from above the ship, not in front or to the side. It's most noticeably jarring on ships that suffer that one-sided lighting as they turn, yet the lighting does not, as if the entire universe was spinning with them. The gray colour palette also makes it hard to differentiate ship from gun and gun from other part of gun. While I'm fine with the former, not being able to see which is the "business end" of a gun is somewhat strange.

You know, my original post was just that first paragraph, then I went off on a tangent.

Helios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2013, 12:07:34 AM »

Overall, I like this mod, though it still have room for improvement.

First, the pirates have WAY TOO MAY fleets, to the point late game performance is greatly reduced by the large amount of fleets on the map. The fact most of them are top-tier mega fleets didn't help either. The pirate mobile fortress should be a rare sight, like the Queen class, not some mundane ship flooding the universe.

Speaking of which, there's something that's always bothering me: how did BROADSIDE batteries managed to shoot STRAIGHT FORWARD!? They are supposed to have very limited firing arc, which only capable of shooting towards the side they are facing even if they are sponson-mounted, yet the fairies ship can fire both sides simultaneously at the same front target, even ACROSS IT'S OWN HULL. It seems their beam weaponry can fire without turning the gun, and barrels are just "emitters".
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:09:46 AM by Helios »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »

Perhaps some changes to their designs so you can see an arced slit in the hull where the guns should be? So it at least looks possible?  :P Probably also wanna move the hidden mounts , so they're actually inside the ship instead of floating in space on the edge of the hull.

And haha. Those pirate swarms. They will have their revenge! I've tried to make sure I keep my FP low to stop swarms of Undying fleets spawning in. As such, I'm only flying with one Dawn-B at the moment. (the energy variant, because 2000 DPS Guardian PDs are the bane of those pirate Harasser buffalo swarms)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5