Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [MOD] Fairy Empire EN Ver0.32FIX again[0.54.1a]  (Read 43164 times)

Arumac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Fairy Empire EN Ver0.32FIX again[0.54.1a]
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »

Yea, I've got to say, from a balance perspective, the Fairy faction is painfully unbalanced. If you wanted to attack them to get their ships, rather than farm missions and money, it's virtually suicide. Heck, even with the super pirate fleets the Faries are super overpowered.

From a design standpoint I like the adjustments to combat, the regenerating ammo is nice, and makes combat faster, which is a nice change of pace. It seems like you sped up projectiles as well, which I absolutely approve of, it's nice to have an assault chaingun fire bullets that move at the speed of bullets. I didn't get to try the subsystems, seems like a lot of work to me :(

The Fairy weapons were all pretty cool, I liked most of the effects, and I also liked the graphics on the weapons myself. They were for the most part monochromatic, and dark, which I actually have no problem with at all. Again I find that to be another nice change of pace.

The ships on the other hand seemed bland and too similar until you got up into the Capitols.

I liked the progressively more difficult pirates, but it seems like the Tri-Tachyons got no love at all :(

Overall I found the mod to be pretty fun, personally I found the new pirate fleets and the weapons made the mod (Especially the giant dual cannon with the massive explosion radius).

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 12:13:28 AM »

absolutely love the mod, but i find fuel to run out far to quickly maybe make it last a bit longer.
otherwise the mod is epic.

best thing to do is run to the fairy base and upgrade your ships to have their weapons then you can own the pirates.
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 01:49:44 AM »

Whats the reasoning for the dawn II class only having 270 fuel space?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »

Well, I was going to try this mod... but it seems to be packaged as a .rar instead of a .zip file.  :-(
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Arumac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 09:46:01 AM »

Well, I was going to try this mod... but it seems to be packaged as a .rar instead of a .zip file.  :-(

Just use 7zip

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 09:52:17 AM »

Later in the  game the Pirate spawn rate is TOO DAMN HIGH !  :P
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 05:58:33 PM »

Just use 7zip

I use a mac.  .zip is convenient and works for everyone; .rar does not.  Why would you prefer to use .rar?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Arumac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »

Just use 7zip

I use a mac.  .zip is convenient and works for everyone; .rar does not.  Why would you prefer to use .rar?

I've heard .RAR archives have better compression. Also, there's lots of .RAR extractors for Mac. I use an unofficial version of 7zip for Linux and it works great, I saw they had one for Mac.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 10:15:10 PM »

Yeah, .rar files compress data muuuuch better.

Das whatchu get for using Skynet computers.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »

I played the campaign in depth. And it's good. Nothing much criticism to say, everyone before me already say it all. Just a question, what does the Battle module system does? It say it improve the offensive capacity of the ship, but what does it do exactly?

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 04:20:22 AM »

It improves the rate of fire and range (probably damage as well but i'm not sure).
Especially the range... dear got the range... it's like multiplied tenfold making it possible to use linear cannons to snipe across the map (it seems overpowered till you meet moblie fortresses).

Turning on the module disables shields (for a pretty long time) and most of the thrusters (you can still strafe with limited speed).

As a pet pewee i'd like to say... while i love the large caliber mortars/cannons (especially with the module) they are more dangerous to your own fighters then to the enemy.
That splash is just ENORMOUS.
Not only they splash damaging (and usually killing)  entire fighter wings but they destroy missiles as well further reducing your DPS).
Imo reducing the splash area by half or limiting it to the fireball created by the shell would let the player use both fighters/drones AND those guns without constant losses.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:36:01 AM by Sonlirain »

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »

is there any detail page about the development team? Its ok to be a chinese web page :)
Fleet construction in progress.

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »

a great mod and certainly will keep it

bugs

1) the first mission from Fairy cannot be done, i went to the Hegemony station within 8 days and nothing happened.

2) the Fairy carrier can't dock the fighter/drone properly, right during the docking the fighter become debris floating over the carrier and crash

3) fuel is too expensive and use too fast, and one of the Fairy ship(battle crusier?) has 270 fuel capacity where it should be 2700
Fleet construction in progress.

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »

a great mod and certainly will keep it

bugs

1) the first mission from Fairy cannot be done, i went to the Hegemony station within 8 days and nothing happened.

2) the Fairy carrier can't dock the fighter/drone properly, right during the docking the fighter become debris floating over the carrier and crash

3) fuel is too expensive and use too fast, and one of the Fairy ship(battle crusier?) has 270 fuel capacity where it should be 2700

1 - You have to drop/sell the cargo to the station. The cargo should appear after takin off from the fairy station.
2 - Fairy drones have a system that unleashes another drone basically doubling their number. Those drones however are destroyed when the lead drone dies or the flight docks in a carrier.
3 - It's cheap enough if you trade a lot (and you should). Agree on the BC low fuel.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:06:38 PM by Sonlirain »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »

So I just noticed missiles have near unlimited ammo. And the Pilum shoots 9 missiles at once. And on the Vigilance, it SPAMS those missiles at incredible speed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5