Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Combat sound effects in 0.6a  (Read 56261 times)

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
Re: Combat sound effects in 0.6a
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

perhaps like me they have not been through any other development stages before. so they DON'T know what to compare it to.

And to Every one, Starsector is not the only game in this universe guys :) if you are bored with it play something ELSE for a while so you don't get frustrated, get addicted to another game (like for me Dark souls) thus this frustration will be lulled.
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

miro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2013, 02:48:45 AM »

Sounds are glorious. Now all we need is to play them.
Hey brah.

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »

So, I finally had the chance to hear the sounds.
They're pretty good, and I'd really love to hear more.
The antimatter blaster could do with a very small "blaster"-like sound, it feels like it is too stealthy for the destruction it can bring along.
The Plasma Cannon needs a lot more work, it sounds a bit too boring, and could do with some energy sounds.
The Gauss cannon sounds really cool, but it does kinda need a little buildup sound.

I'd really like to hear some more sounds if possible.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »

I think the antimatter blaster can do with a small sound instead of a big one. The damage that it does comes from the antimater itself and presumably not from the speed at which it is flung, or at least an insignificant amount of it.

To me it sounds like one of those devices that would make a good candidate for some really strange sounds. It's special nature in the game would allow people to accept a stranger sound I think.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2013, 11:22:21 PM »

I think the antimatter blaster can do with a small sound instead of a big one. The damage that it does comes from the antimater itself and presumably not from the speed at which it is flung, or at least an insignificant amount of it.

To me it sounds like one of those devices that would make a good candidate for some really strange sounds. It's special nature in the game would allow people to accept a stranger sound I think.

I agree. Currently, it just sounds too silent.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:02 PM »

I just have to say the video did not do the sounds justice. Simply amazing work all around. Kudos!

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »

I really enjoy the new sound effects.  They have more 'oomph' to them.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2013, 05:19:53 AM »

Though the new sounds are a WIP and ongoing improvement, I do wish they sounded a bit more distinct. For two years I've played Battlefield 3 and the only guns I can tell from the rest are the M60, HMGs and the SKS. The rest all sound so damned similar that it kinda melds into one droning sound. BFBC2 on the other hand, I could tell pretty much any gun from the rest by the noise of it firing. Right now, all autocannons as far as I've heard have the exact same sound and with the exception of the Mauler and the Hellbore, many HE weapons don't sound like the weapons of destruction that they are.

I like the new sounds, but as a bit of a soundwhore, I would like to be able to listen to a battle and be able to point out everything that's firing.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2013, 08:59:46 AM »

I just have to say the video did not do the sounds justice. Simply amazing work all around. Kudos!

Agreed! The deeper shield impact sounds are wonderful.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »

The sound change overall is an improvement, but... the old Heavy Mauler sound needs to come back - it sounded powerful and was great.  Its replacement sounds like an impotent cork pop gun from an old cartoon.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]