Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: VNS mod (add-on to Ironclads 10.2) v6.5 - updated 28.01.2016  (Read 67615 times)

samsaq

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: VNS mod (add-on to Ironclads 8.4.1) v5.7
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »

I have one problem when playing: I can't see the ships in enemy fleets when I mouse over them, therefore making it very hard for me to pirate or know what to run away from, as well in the campaign map, as well as not being over to see ship icons, the ships visually represented in the campaign map are invisible, with only their trials visible. Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix this?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2015, 12:55:50 AM »

Sounds like you're missing the graphical files for ships.

you do have the right version of Starsector, and both Ironclads and VNS are properly installed?
Check out the images folders.

Ba Boracs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2015, 03:21:11 PM »

Does the current version work with version 9 of ironclads? because i get a null error if i try using this mod with the current version of ironclads

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2015, 01:04:57 AM »

I actually haven't updated it.

Okim said he wasn't done with the balancing, so I waiting for his final pass for this version and kinda...forgot.
I'll get around to updating one of these days.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2015, 08:44:31 AM »

Well, you should update, Trash as i`m not going to get back to Ironclads any time soon.

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2015, 09:58:50 PM »

I actually haven't updated it.

Okim said he wasn't done with the balancing, so I waiting for his final pass for this version and kinda...forgot.
I'll get around to updating one of these days.

Well, fortunate for me I thought to check this thread. I had installed IC and then dumped VNS as I've done a couple times before (each separated by a few months, mind you, as my SS urge grows), and I noticed that VNS caused errors to be logged where it was inexplicably trying to load files from all the other mods I'm using on my "add everything" (N)Exerelin playthrough.

Then I reinstalled IC without VNS, tried it, it worked, and came here to post about the discrepancy... then saw this.

Shame, that, IC in and of itself is great, but I always want MOAR... VNS helped a bit. It'll be much appreciated when, or even if, you ever get around to updating it, Trash. Till then, best of luck with whatever you're up to.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »

I'm currently modding Skyrim again... :P
But upgrading is relatively easy.

There's only a few files that need editing really (the ones that ask you to overwrite), it's quite easy to figure out what do do.

In general, just copy the VNS bits (always at the bottom of the file) at the bottom of Okims file (weapons, ships).
the only exception is the scripts file (systems?), since that one has multiple bits where VNS ships and systems appear at about 5-6 places, but unless Okim changed it, one can just overwrite it. If no, same principle applies. Search my file for any mention of VNS and copy entire bits over to Okims file.
A good text editor that does file comparisons is handy

Rahbek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2015, 08:57:17 PM »

There's only a few files that need editing really (the ones that ask you to overwrite), it's quite easy to figure out what do do.

In general, just copy the VNS bits (always at the bottom of the file) at the bottom of Okims file (weapons, ships).
the only exception is the scripts file (systems?), since that one has multiple bits where VNS ships and systems appear at about 5-6 places, but unless Okim changed it, one can just overwrite it. If no, same principle applies. Search my file for any mention of VNS and copy entire bits over to Okims file.

I tried that suggestion. Aside from the scripts i guess it worked fine but when i tried to edit those i realized there are so many changes and i understand very little or nothing of the actual code so i couldnt do it.

If you (or someone) has some freetime for updating VNS that'd be very cool. I agree with anygrytigerp .. Ironclads is great but somehow feels like it could use some sort of expansion just like VNS. :)

Ryu116

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2015, 04:56:49 PM »

I tried that suggestion. Aside from the scripts i guess it worked fine but when i tried to edit those i realized there are so many changes and i understand very little or nothing of the actual code so i couldnt do it.

If you (or someone) has some freetime for updating VNS that'd be very cool. I agree with anygrytigerp .. Ironclads is great but somehow feels like it could use some sort of expansion just like VNS. :)

I second that, is there any files that someone can share with us so we can enjoy VNS mod add-on to Ironclad mod?  If there is updated files available, it is much appreicated.

:)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »

Well, looks like Okim is back and will update Ironclads. Which means I will update VNs when he does.

Of course, I could just make the VNS ships and faction available for the vanilla game too....

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2015, 08:13:10 AM »

That idea would be...intriguing...
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »

so when do you think the update will be ready?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2015, 05:37:39 AM »

I'm downloading Ironclads ATM and will look into the files.

I have to see how much changed, but it shouldn't be too much work.... I hope.

I kinda got into Mount and Blade: Warband and it's hard to tear myself away  :P

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2015, 08:33:57 AM »

Still trying. Squashed a few bugs, but now get stuck on loading world script, creating my system

I get this message:

Code
29246 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/scripts/world/VNS/Vaynar.java', Line 27, Column 38: No applicable constructor/method found for actual parameters "java.lang.String, java.lang.String, float"; candidates are: "public abstract com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.PlanetAPI com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.initStar(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.awt.Color, float, float)", "public abstract com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.PlanetAPI com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.initStar(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, float, float, float, float)", "public abstract com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.PlanetAPI com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.initStar(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, float, float, float, float, float)", "public abstract com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.PlanetAPI com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.initStar(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, float, float)"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more

Code
package data.scripts.world.VNS;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.*;
import data.scripts.plugins.SystemFiller;
import data.scripts.world.TimeManager;

import java.awt.*;

public class Vaynar
{
  public void generate(SectorAPI sector)
  {
    StarSystemAPI system = sector.createStarSystem("Vaynar");
    system.setBackgroundTextureFilename("graphics/backgrounds/bg-03-green.jpg");
    system.setLightColor(new Color(178, 252, 255));

LocationAPI hyper = Global.getSector().getHyperspace();

//time manager script to run the fleet spawns
        TimeManager timer = new TimeManager();
        system.addSpawnPoint(timer);

//star
    PlanetAPI star = system.initStar("vaynar", "star_yellow", 500.0F);
    star.getSpec().setIconColor(new Color(250, 250, 0));   
    star.applySpecChanges();

//planets
    PlanetAPI a1 = system.addPlanet("helios", star, "Helios", "lava_minor", 180.0F, 100.0F, 1800.0F, 150.0F);

PlanetAPI a2 = system.addPlanet("avalon", star, "Avalon", "terran", 80.0F, 150.0F, 4000.0F, 150.0F);

PlanetAPI a3 = system.addPlanet("vixis", star, "Vixis", "jungle", 90.0F, 80.0F, 6000.0F, 120.0F);

system.addAsteroidBelt(star, 100, 2500, 256, 150, 250);

system.addRingBand(a2, "misc", "rings1", 300.0F, 2, new Color(142, 79, 50), 256.0F, 400.0F, 120.0F);

system.addOrbitalJunk(a3, "sattelites_rsf", 15, 20.0F, 20.0F, 200.0F, 15.0F, 5.0F, 8.0F, 0.0F, 240.0F);

system.addOrbitalJunk(a2, "sattelites_rsf", 5, 20.0F, 20.0F, 350.0F, 15.0F, 5.0F, 8.0F, 0.0F, 240.0F);

//jump points

JumpPointAPI jumpPoint = Global.getFactory().createJumpPoint("vaynar_jump_point", "Jump Point");
    OrbitAPI orbit = Global.getFactory().createCircularOrbit(star, 55.0F, 3000.0F, 150.0F);
    jumpPoint.setOrbit(orbit);
    jumpPoint.setRelatedPlanet(null);
    jumpPoint.setStandardWormholeToHyperspaceVisual();
    system.addEntity(jumpPoint);

system.autogenerateHyperspaceJumpPoints(true, true);

//entities
    SectorEntityToken relay = system.addCustomEntity("vaynar_relay", "Vaynar Communication Array", "comm_relay", "VNS");
    relay.setCircularOrbit(system.getEntityById("avalon"), 100.0F, 500.0F, 120.0F);

SectorEntityToken station = system.addCustomEntity("vaynar_guard_station", "Vaynar Defence Base", "rsf_military", "VNS");
    station.setCircularOrbitPointingDown(system.getEntityById("vixis"), 270.0F, 300.0F, 120.0F);

SectorEntityToken station2 = system.addCustomEntity("avalon_shipyard", "Avalon Shipyard", "vns_shipyard", "VNS");
    station2.setCircularOrbitPointingDown(system.getEntityById("avalon"), 20.0F, 300.0F, 120.0F);

SectorEntityToken station4 = system.addCustomEntity("v_ftg", "Trade Station", "rsf_military", "independent");
    station4.setCircularOrbitPointingDown(system.getEntityById("helios"), 20.0F, 200.0F, 120.0F);

SectorEntityToken afield1 = system.addCustomEntity("vaynar_afield1", "Asteroid cluster P-13A", "afield", "neutral");
    afield1.setCircularOrbitPointingDown(star, 0.0F, 2200.0F, 280.0F);

SectorEntityToken afield2 = system.addCustomEntity("vaynar_afield2", "Asteroid cluster P-14B", "afield", "neutral");
    afield2.setCircularOrbitPointingDown(star, 80.0F, 2600.0F, 280.0F);

SectorEntityToken wrecks1 = system.addCustomEntity("vaynar_derelict1", "Derelict Ship", "derelict", "neutral");
    wrecks1.setCircularOrbitPointingDown(star, 10.0F, 2500.0F, 120.0F);

SectorEntityToken station3 = system.addCustomEntity("vaynar_pirate", "Pirates Hideout", "hideout", "pirates");
    station3.setCircularOrbitPointingDown(star, 0.0F, 2400.0F, 120.0F);
    station3.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "space_bar");

a1.getSpec().setIconColor(new Color(255, 255, 255));
    a1.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "vacuum_colony");
    a1.applySpecChanges();

a2.getSpec().setIconColor(new Color(255, 255, 255));
    a2.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "city_from_above");
    a2.applySpecChanges();

a3.getSpec().setIconColor(new Color(255, 255, 255));
    a3.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "quartermaster");
    a3.applySpecChanges();

station.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "jangala_station");

station2.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "cargo_loading");

station4.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "cargo_loading");
  }
}

What am I missing here?
It looks like it's pointing to star creation line...

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »

That error seems to be that the constructor you are calling does not take those arguments. I'm guessing that the star constructor now takes more arguments since it has a corona size.
Code
PlanetAPI star = system.initStar("vaynar", "star_yellow", 500.0F);
does not line up with
Code
initStar(java.lang.String id, java.lang.String type, float radius, float coronaSize)
Try:
Code
PlanetAPI star = system.initStar("vaynar", "star_yellow", 500.0F, 500.0F);
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9