Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roguelikes  (Read 5603 times)

lStealtherl

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelikes
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 05:08:20 AM »

I ended at the cliffhanger :P

I managed to kill the warrior and really didn't like to eat the human, but I've really grown attached to my character. I don't know if there are penalties for it, but hopefully that would be the only time I ate human meat. With newly revived strength I traded away weapons I didn't need for tools, especially shovel. I couldn't bear digging for 8h(?) with wooden shovel. From there on my early game became much easier. With human meats lasting for roughly another week, I sped up the process of trapping, covering quite an large area where I suspect animals would travel (and drink). Time went and I got my first prey, forest reindeer in trap. *practices shooting arrows at it*

Long story short, so far I've trapped 4 reindeers, 2 elks (whereby 1 managed to escape from pitfall, wtf?), 1 wolf and a bear :D Should be about 4 months game-time.

What's bothering me at this moment is that I might exhaust animals in the area. Will I have to move on to another location? I've finished one of the cottages and I'd like to start farming after winter.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:13:06 AM by lStealtherl »

PerturbedPug

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelikes
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »

I've been talking to my friend about making our own roguelike with a Steampunk Theme. He does the coding and I do the art. It's going to be a loooooong time before we actually produce something playable though. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a decent game.
Pages: 1 [2]