Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922833 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644
« Reply #2070 on: February 03, 2015, 07:22:57 AM »

I still think that station capture is too abstract and disconnected from the player. A capture minigame would go outside the scope of a mod but at least we could have a fleet to fight. Depending on the stability of a station market we could get different pre-dertmined boss-like fleets to fight, depending on the faction. If defeated, the chances of capturing goes up or something.

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 03, 2015, 07:33:25 AM »

The best way to build the "taking over stations" part would be for stations to have a defence fleet. It's power will grow depending on stability of the station and perhaps other parameters which do not come right now in mind. But a player (or the AI) could make certain stations almost impenetrable, unless you bring a very large fleet and have appreciable skill at the game.

Whenever you would want to take over a station, you would fight the defence fleet.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 03, 2015, 09:17:03 AM »

Okay, couple of PRs submitted. I'm now writing a more sophisticated market condition randomizer.
Also scribbled out some gameplay feature proposals here.

@Shedovv: Screenshot doesn't show much, could you paste a text excerpt from the log at the part where it crashes?
That screen shot IS a screenshot OF the LOG. I selected it at the portion, right where it crashed. If you want I can get a bigger screenshot.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 03, 2015, 02:24:51 PM »

There's some sort of BUG with the backgrounds and or spawn points caused by Exerelin.
Here: http://gyazo.com/0102283cd6c8a97b364b1f2aa3ba765d

Still no reply to that? It doesn't let me play the damn mod. It keeps crashing cuz of that.

Yeah need a bit more info than that. Can you attach the whole log file? Also, which versions (of both StarSector and Exerelin) are you using?

Okay, couple of PRs submitted. I'm now writing a more sophisticated market condition randomizer.

OK looks great :) (I'm sorry I hadn't yet cleaned it up, feel free to add/change/discard as much as you want, I'm not precious about any code at all)

Your plan for market development was pretty similar to what I had in mind. I was also planning to implement a kind of market 'change' mechanic that would add/remove conditions over time and/or due to certain events (i.e. markets change from 'Urbanized Polity' to 'Decivilised' for a time period after takeover, or markets have a chance of population growth/contract depending on how stable they are). Allowing a player to buy certain market conditions would be great for this too.

And yeah, the Planetary Conquest idea is similar as well:) I was imaging a 'market siege' type scenario, where an attacking fleet orbits (one of) the market points and does 'damage' to the defending market. Implementation wise, I was thinking that besieging fleet(s) add a market condition 'Under Siege/Blockade' that severely reduces stability. And yeah, I was imagining the existence of a military base (and/or similar conditions) would allow the spawning of a 'Scrambled Defense Fleet', triggering a combat scenario for the player's fleet (if it is the player doing the besieging) with the defenders strength based on the initial stability and size of the market. Once 'Under Siege/Blockade', there is a time period that the defenders/reinforcements have to destroy the besieging fleet(s), before capture occurs. I was thinking this time period would be impacted by stability and size (so larger, more stable markets are longer to take over, where border worlds change hands with relative ease) and then potentially by the number of marines/Valkyries in the attacking fleet.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2074 on: February 03, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »

@Shedovv: Screenshot doesn't show much, could you paste a text excerpt from the log at the part where it crashes?
That screen shot IS a screenshot OF the LOG. I selected it at the portion, right where it crashed. If you want I can get a bigger screenshot.
Protip: When taking a screenshot of an error message, try to get the entire message in it. ;)

(Pastebin is also preferable to a screenshot in many cases, since it reduces omission of possibly important information)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 14, 2015, 11:15:49 PM »

More PRs filed. Includes primitive invasion system (which the AI donut know to use yet).
Spoiler
[close]

Cool things like "huge response fleet that jumps out of the station and eats you when you try to do this" coming later.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 15, 2015, 06:40:51 AM »

Hey, some quality of life improvements with invasions! :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 15, 2015, 08:25:51 AM »

Will this mod get a new life for the new starsector patch, i really want to play this mod with the dynamic faction wars and conquerer feature.

I there any update coming soon?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:06:48 AM by Ahne »

Nemerid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 15, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »

When I start Starsector with Exerelin enabled (even with only the requirements; LazyLib), I get a fatal error.
"Fatal: Ship Hull variant or fighter wing with id: [hound_Assault] not found!
Check starsector.log for more info."

Here's the error from the .log file:

"16246 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [hound_Assault] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [hound_Assault] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.FleetCreationSpec.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÖO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.if(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)"

I'm guessing from the context that this is caused by something trying to access a file, yet it isn't in the correct directory? I've already tried re-installing Exerelin and LazyLib, even Starsector, yet the error continues. I don't know much more than that, I'm not that great at diagnosing problems in the tech world! :P

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 15, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »

When I start Starsector with Exerelin enabled (even with only the requirements; LazyLib), I get a fatal error.

"16246 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [hound_Assault] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [hound_Assault] not found!

I'm guessing from the context that this is caused by something trying to access a file, yet it isn't in the correct directory? I've already tried re-installing Exerelin and LazyLib, even Starsector, yet the error continues. I don't know much more than that, I'm not that great at diagnosing problems in the tech world! :P
What version of Starsector are you using? This is for 0.6.2a

Nemerid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 15, 2015, 12:14:34 PM »

Ah, I didn't realize I was using a incompatible version. Is there a way to get 0.6.2a, or do i have to wait for the mod to be updated? :o

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 15, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »

Ah, I didn't realize I was using a incompatible version. Is there a way to get 0.6.2a, or do i have to wait for the mod to be updated? :o
http://fractalsoftworks.com/category/releases/

They should be here.

Nemerid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 15, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »

http://fractalsoftworks.com/category/releases/

They should be here.
Thank you for your help! ;D

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 15, 2015, 12:24:33 PM »

Make sure you use the .62 version of Lazy lib!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Nemerid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 15, 2015, 08:33:40 PM »

how do you get the .62 version of LazyLib? XD
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141