Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917122 times)

Daliaraptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644
« Reply #2025 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:41 AM »

Hey Guys

Im new to starsector. Found it last week and i like it verry much.
Im trying to run exerelin mod with lazylib and shadderlib.
But unfortuantly something doesent work. I unziped the files directly in the mod folder with rar and 7-zip. And yes i have activated the mods.
But it seams not to work. When i see the videos on youtube there should be ship stats when choosing the beginner vessel. I have the normal
text description like in the original. I can choose systems planets and belts, so something is working.
But i also just start with only one ship and can not take a station, which should be possible i guess.
Im sure im not the only one, while i saw this problem in the youtube chats.

I first tryed it on MAC, then desiced to go to PC. But its the same, so i guess i do a fatal error ;)
Thanks for helping!

Chris

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: October 19, 2014, 05:12:53 AM »

Chris, did you also download faction mods? If so which ones?

list of compatible mods that can be run with Exerelin:
Spoiler
Mod Compatibility:
Modded Factions Supported By Exerelin (these need to be downloaded separately, and 'ticked' along with Exerelin)
Gotcha's Bushi
Gotcha's Hiigaran Descendants
Hyph_K31's Gedune
FlashFrozen's Neutrino Corp
mendonca's Junk Pirates
MShadowy's Shadowyards Heavy Industries NOTE: Latest DEV version, Link
Erick Doe's Zorg
Varya's  Kadur Theocracy
mendonca's ASP Syndicate
Cycerin's Blackrock Drive Yards
Trylobot's Nomads
ValkyriaL's Valkyrians
Foxer360's Citadel Fleet
Runoved's Objectless Research Institute
Erick Doe's Project Batavia
kazi's Mayorate
NikolaiLev's Patrian Navy NOTE: Requires changes SEE BELOW *
Zudgemud's P9 Colony Group
DSMK2's DSTech Corp Fleet NOTE: Currently unbalanced/WIP, see last posts in thread for details (link)
Erick Doe's Tore Up Plenty NOTE: Expands possible pirate ships and ships that are available in stations.
keptin's Interstellar Federation
mendonca's P.A.C.K
Dark.Revenant's Interstellar Imperium
SniZipGun's Eleutheria Federation NOTE: non-TC standalone (under discontinued mods)
MesoTronik's Exigency Incorporated and Ahriman Association
Sundog's Idoneus Citadel Exiles
Dante80's Lotus Conglomerate NOTE: Use latest V2.0+ by Brainbread Link
[close]

Daliaraptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: October 19, 2014, 05:39:50 AM »

Hey Erick

Ive once added one faction (neutrino corp). But right now only exerelin,  lazylib and shadderlib.
When i added this faction, ther were the ships but no more characters (pics) to choce from. That made me wondering as well.
May there are some files that my pc cant open? Do i need additional mods or tools?
It looks like that it reconise some changes of the mod, but not all...

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:41:25 AM by Daliaraptor »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: October 19, 2014, 05:57:03 AM »

Alright, I'm running the game with Exerelin, Neutrino Corp, Shaderlib and Lazylib.

First of all, Neutrino Corp does not add any new potraits. When you select the campaign, it should ask you "How many systems", "Max system size", "Max planets per system", "Max asteroid belts per system", "Max stations per system", "Is the omnifactory available?", "How many other factions in Exerelin initially", "Shall factions return to Sector Exerelin?"

Then as final question it will ask what faction you'd like to join. It should give you these choices:
-Start unaligned
-Hegemony
-Tri-Tachyon Corp
-Sindrian Diktat
-Neutrino Corp

Then it will ask: "How populated is Exerelin", and if you pick the Neutrino Corp it finally gives you a choice between a few Neutrino ships:
-Relativity-class Drone Frigate
-Singularity-class Balanced Drone Frigate

Did it give you these choices?

If you're not running it with Neutrino Corp it should do all the above, except you'll only be able to pick vanilla Starstector factions.

Also (I think this is what has you confused), Exerelin no longer allows you to capture a station upon startup. Your faction will start with its own station and it should say in which system at the start of the game. Those videos you saw were probably of an older version of the Exerelin mod. In the latest version you just start with one ship. But you can capture stations later one when you've got troop transports and lots of marines.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:59:10 AM by Erick Doe »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: October 19, 2014, 05:57:17 AM »

@Daliaraptor

Far as I can tell, Neutrino Corps hasn't been updaded for 0.65 yet.  Be sure to check for that, not just if it's compatible with Exerelin.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: October 19, 2014, 06:01:45 AM »

@Daliaraptor

Far as I can tell, Neutrino Corps hasn't been updaded for 0.65 yet.  Be sure to check for that, not just if it's compatible with Exerelin.

It did give an "out of synch with Exerelin" notification upon starting the campaign. But so far it appears to be working. The Neutrino faction appears, starts spawning its fleets, mining, etc.

Anyway, I think Chris' problem is that he/she expected to start with a capture fleet upon starting the campaign, just like in the old videos on youtube.

Daliaraptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: October 19, 2014, 08:37:12 AM »

Alright, I'm running the game with Exerelin, Neutrino Corp, Shaderlib and Lazylib.

First of all, Neutrino Corp does not add any new potraits. When you select the campaign, it should ask you "How many systems", "Max system size", "Max planets per system", "Max asteroid belts per system", "Max stations per system", "Is the omnifactory available?", "How many other factions in Exerelin initially", "Shall factions return to Sector Exerelin?"

Then as final question it will ask what faction you'd like to join. It should give you these choices:
-Start unaligned
-Hegemony
-Tri-Tachyon Corp
-Sindrian Diktat
-Neutrino Corp

Then it will ask: "How populated is Exerelin", and if you pick the Neutrino Corp it finally gives you a choice between a few Neutrino ships:
-Relativity-class Drone Frigate
-Singularity-class Balanced Drone Frigate

Did it give you these choices?

If you're not running it with Neutrino Corp it should do all the above, except you'll only be able to pick vanilla Starstector factions.

Also (I think this is what has you confused), Exerelin no longer allows you to capture a station upon startup. Your faction will start with its own station and it should say in which system at the start of the game. Those videos you saw were probably of an older version of the Exerelin mod. In the latest version you just start with one ship. But you can capture stations later one when you've got troop transports and lots of marines.

Hey Erick

Thanks verry much for this explanation. Indeed those videos confuesd me.
Guess it works then.... lol
I will try out and get a fleet, so i can capture a station...
Cheers ;D

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: October 19, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »

Spoiler
560365 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.plugins.WelcomeDialogPlugin.showText(WelcomeDialogPlugin.java:79)
   at exerelin.plugins.WelcomeDialogPlugin.init(WelcomeDialogPlugin.java:41)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.?o000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.SectorManager.doEveryFrameChecks(SectorManager.java:360)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:179)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.??00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
A picture, because some piece of code are missing.

is that another "out-of-memory"? Or again the same unknow problem/ bug/ crash for you Zaphide?

E^1: I know it's a broken pic, click right on it, and open in a new tab, should work then.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:32:38 PM by AMDAMK »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: October 19, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »

--- Taking over the sector while unaligned ---

Well that sucks, was hoping to hear from Zaphide on this.  Granted I guess it doesn't matter which faction you are since you end up doing most of the work yourself, not that that is a bad thing.
[/quote]

(sorry for the late reply!)

Well, this was always part of the "plan" for Exerelin but given the upcoming update will change <everything> I'm reluctant to make too many more changes before having a play with StarSector 0.65 :) I suspect that if this mod is to continue it will need a fairly drastic overhaul :P

Also, fundamentally, I am also undecided about how much a player should be able to directly <action> for their faction. I quite like Drox Operative (other than when it gets a bit grindy) and feel that a StarSector equivalent of Drox Operative could be pretty great.

The first post says this works with Interstellar Federation, but Keptin's thread only lists 0.6.1a and says he isn't updating it (supposedly Kazi was going to but who knows) - last post was ages ago. Can that version still be run, or is there any way to make it work even in part, to get those awesome ship hull designs? Maybe adding them to some faction's list of ships?

It should work as far as I know. The download link at the start of the IFed thread has an updated version that kazi put together :)

Spoiler
560365 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.plugins.WelcomeDialogPlugin.showText(WelcomeDialogPlugin.java:79)
   at exerelin.plugins.WelcomeDialogPlugin.init(WelcomeDialogPlugin.java:41)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.?o000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.SectorManager.doEveryFrameChecks(SectorManager.java:360)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:179)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.??00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
A picture, because some piece of code are missing.

is that another "out-of-memory"? Or again the same unknow problem/ bug/ crash for you Zaphide?

E^1: I know it's a broken pic, click right on it, and open in a new tab, should work then.

Yes sorry it is a known issue (to me at least). It will only happen if you start a new game and then try and re-load that game without saving prior.

Streamingfox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: October 29, 2014, 03:19:54 AM »

How is the work for 0.6.5 going? :D Is it how you thought necessary to write the mod from start?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: October 29, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

How is the work for 0.6.5 going? :D Is it how you thought necessary to write the mod from start?

Haha yeah pretty much. It has also replaced the majority of the additional code I had written with a StarSector-core implementation (which is really cool) and there are much easier ways to achieve a lot of the things I was doing without resorting to weird hacks or anything :)

So, I have a randomised/procedural sector generating, with markets etc. all up and going, and for the most part just using the StarSector-core code (with some *really* minor tweaks). Pretty amazed at how well it hangs together in completely different sector setups, although the economy can go all weird if too many (large) markets are generating a lot of <commodity> without a lot of demand (or vice versa). I have been doing a lot of mucking around with the various economy settings and setups to see exactly what happens.

But, interestingly, it has made me realise that one of the things I like most about the 0.65 update is the lore/identity associated with the vanilla factions, which is essentially lost when you build everything in a random/procedural fashion (at least how I am doing it at the moment).

Also, apart from having very little spare time at the moment (due to a few non-StarSector projects), I'm not really sure which direction to take the mod in now. Most of the elements are in StarSector-core now except for the 'faction-taking-over-the-sector' parts. Unfortunately it is unlikely I'll get anything out in the near future :(

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: October 30, 2014, 12:25:16 AM »

Well, if you have to write the mod from start, good luck :)
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: October 30, 2014, 01:46:54 AM »

Knowing Zaphide, that won't be much trouble, question is the time it takes to do it. I want to play again! =(

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 30, 2014, 03:36:27 AM »

Haha yeah it actually felt pretty good to wholesale remove whole classes and packages :D

'The best code is no code' and all that :)
http://blog.codinghorror.com/the-best-code-is-no-code-at-all/

Salmon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 12, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »

Alright, don't mean to be a bother but I'm pretty new to the game and it's modding side. I'm running into the same error when loading Exerelin - "Fatal: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [hound_Assault] not found!" I'm confused because it's only Exerelin that crashes it, even after trying fresh downloads of everything, and thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 141