Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922933 times)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.632
« Reply #1890 on: July 22, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »

I also had to remove Mayorate.  :-[

Read my above post. I can confirm that fix restores compatibility.

HavenLife

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 23, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »

I also had to remove Mayorate.  :-[

Read my above post. I can confirm that fix restores compatibility.

I downloaded the most recent "Stable DEV" version of Exerelin, considering that the other download link is crossed out and listed as Outdated for some reason. Furthermore, I got the most recent Mayorate download.

I performed the fix that you suggested. However, there was no Mayorate.faction file within the exerelin folder to replace (Though there was of course mayorate.faction in your mod to copy-paste into the exerelin folder, which I did do). In fact, only Abandoned, Elder, Gedune_Drone, Neutral, Player and Rebel were in the Zaphide-exerelin-cd1fa3f63c60\data\world\factions folder. This did not fix the problem at all for me, I am getting the same errors.

Did I do something wrong? That all seems weird ;c
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:15:00 AM by HavenLife »

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:39 PM »

Ok after doing a bit of experimentation, it appears that the fix I listed above only works for 0.632. Haven't really kept up with Exerelin as much as I should have lately, so I assumed that the same old fix from before would work for the most recent version. It doesn't.

However, after doing a bit of experimentation, I've fixed the error for the new Exerelin version as well. Works for me, but I haven't tested it extensively. Let me know if you still run into issues.

For the new "Dev" version:
Copy this mayorate.json file to exerelin's /data/config/exerelinFactionConfig folder. Overwrite the old one. Play Exerelin as usual.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 23, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »

considering exerelin isn't being updated for whatever reason, prob vacation or burnt out, there are only so much we modders can do, my next update will probably completely break compatibility, no overwriting faction files there. =/

HavenLife

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 24, 2014, 02:05:57 AM »

Ok after doing a bit of experimentation, it appears that the fix I listed above only works for 0.632. Haven't really kept up with Exerelin as much as I should have lately, so I assumed that the same old fix from before would work for the most recent version. It doesn't.

However, after doing a bit of experimentation, I've fixed the error for the new Exerelin version as well. Works for me, but I haven't tested it extensively. Let me know if you still run into issues.

For the new "Dev" version:
Copy this mayorate.json file to exerelin's /data/config/exerelinFactionConfig folder. Overwrite the old one. Play Exerelin as usual.

This fix is effective. Thank you.

jacksonsp117

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 24, 2014, 02:09:59 AM »

I bought the game, I downloaded the mod, and took the mod folder, unzipped it, and dropped it into my mods folder in starsector, I also did the same to lazylib, turned them on, and When I lunch the game I have everything from the amount of systems to asteroids and factions but when I click "Start game" I only spawn with a solo ship. The one I select in the menu. No troop transport or combat ship... Just my only ship. I need help URL's and advice please!!!!

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 24, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »

Things have changed a bit. Go to whichever system it says your faction started in, and you'll already have a base set up. Buy the mining drones asap and start mining by hovering over asteroids.

jacksonsp117

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 24, 2014, 08:39:34 PM »

Things have changed a bit. Go to whichever system it says your faction started in, and you'll already have a base set up. Buy the mining drones asap and start mining by hovering over asteroids.

I head to each station (The one matching my color) and either there are no ships or capital ships. No mining drones. I headed to the stating sector it tells me.

jacksonsp117

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 24, 2014, 09:29:06 PM »

I fixed it, BTW thanks for the help!

HavenLife

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 25, 2014, 02:23:12 PM »

Haha, unless you use the Neutrino Corp and start with the drone with 2 medium DarkMatter Emitter weapon things. I killed a fleet of 20 mayorate frigates with 1 of those drones, and an EMP drone.

._.

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 25, 2014, 10:28:59 PM »

Haha, unless you use the Neutrino Corp and start with the drone with 2 medium DarkMatter Emitter weapon things. I killed a fleet of 20 mayorate frigates with 1 of those drones, and an EMP drone.

._.

Interstellar Federation x Neutrino Corp O(T)P. Nothing quite like an Unsung streaking into the middle of a fight and bringing six Cains to bear.

-- Griffinhart

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 25, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »

Nothing said "roflstomp" like an unsung with 6 Hadron Colliders. One shotted every single ship in the game, except for maybe the paragon or another unsung.

Some of the factions like the Bushi, Hiigaran Descendants, Neutrino and maybe BR usually are not good enemies. Although I have seen quite a few campaigns where the Hegemony/Tri-Tachyon have squished everyone with carrier fleets. I hate those campaigns...

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 25, 2014, 10:52:08 PM »

Nothing said "roflstomp" like an unsung with 6 Hadron Colliders.

Mh. It's a solid strike setup but it lacks staying power and sustained damage output, due to low ammo count and the charge time. Meanwhile, if you mount six Cains in a single group and set the group to auto, you don't have to worry about charge times or aiming, and you have significantly more ammo to play with.

ETA: Oh, and you can decimate carrier fleets with PD ships. Mount Thunderchiefs.

(My favorite anti-carrier fleet setup is a Titan with Cains in the large, Thunderchiefs in the mids, and Railguns in the smalls. It's arguably a better brawler than the Unsung - you lose three Cains' worth of alpha, but you have much better PD, significantly better shield coverage, and an unholy amount of mobility thanks to the Hadron Transporter ship ability.)

-- Griffinhart
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:35:48 AM by Griffinhart »

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 26, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »

playing this with all stock ships, mid January most of the ships in our faction (Sidrian) are gemini, and fleets would have 20-25 of them

is this normal?
mmm.... tartiflette

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 28, 2014, 11:36:01 AM »

Can anyone help me, i have issues with the mod... cant play more then 5 minutes at a time ... errors after errors .

And i dont understand why.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 141