Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917070 times)

The Sage

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.632
« Reply #1860 on: June 04, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »

I think the ships using this mod would be better off with light blue.

What do you think?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 04, 2014, 04:51:39 PM »

Huh? There are a lot of ships using light blue! Which ones?

giacomo25

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 10, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »

I cant seem to take over abandoned stations even when i hover over them. when i dock with them i get 2 options leave or something about station command. Not sure what to do or what is wrong if anything at all. Maybe my fleet isnt big enough since i only have 1 ship and no marines

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 11, 2014, 02:06:13 AM »

I cant seem to take over abandoned stations even when i hover over them. when i dock with them i get 2 options leave or something about station command. Not sure what to do or what is wrong if anything at all. Maybe my fleet isnt big enough since i only have 1 ship and no marines

In order to capture stations you will need a troop transport (Valkyrie for example), a super transport (Atlas or a faction specific version of it) and a huge amount of marines; at least more then stationed on that station.

Very important: You will lose these ships and all your marines after a successful capture.
If you run out of marines before you are able to capture the station bad things will happen to your fleet, similar to accidants caused by running out of supplies.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:13:26 AM by Tecrys »
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Rambobrill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 11, 2014, 04:36:22 AM »

is there any chance that this mod gets the additional explosion and lightning effects that starsector plus and uomoz have? i just want to know cause i prefer this mod above the others.

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 11, 2014, 04:46:15 AM »

is there any chance that this mod gets the additional explosion and lightning effects that starsector plus and uomoz have? i just want to know cause i prefer this mod above the others.

Here you go, mate:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7958.0
It's called shaderlib by Dark.Revenant.

PS: Try my mod with Exerelin, lots of fun if you like bioships and getting really close and personal.
Biomancy also works really well as an enemy faction.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:04:33 AM by Tecrys »

Rambobrill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 11, 2014, 05:55:50 AM »

to be honest..i cant see any differences. there are no distortion effects on shield impact , no distortion in blowing up small ships and no glow after the white flash when big ships explode. did i miss something?

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 11, 2014, 06:05:17 AM »

to be honest..i cant see any differences. there are no distortion effects on shield impact , no distortion in blowing up small ships and no glow after the white flash when big ships explode. did i miss something?
Did you check the box for shaderlib on startup?

Rambobrill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 11, 2014, 06:29:04 AM »

yes i did. hmm thats wierd. i really have no clue.

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 12, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »

yes i did. hmm thats wierd. i really have no clue.

You should ask Dark.Revenant in the shaderlib thread about making it work with Exerelin.

Rambobrill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 14, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »

HI

i want to ask if its possible to port the advanced explosions and lightning effects at ship destruction from starsector plus to exerelin. i already posted there and also talked to Dark.Revenant. he said that Zaphide is free to use his code. i hope you gonna make it happen. would be awesome.

Caiaphas_Cain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 20, 2014, 09:15:11 AM »

Hi, so I don't know if anyone else has been getting this, but personally, whenever I try to reload an Exerelin save, the little blue bar gets most of the way before it just quits and says that the game failed to load.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?

doodeeda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.58
« Reply #1872 on: June 20, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »

I've had a second to take a look at this.

It's neat; the extended way you've generated and manage the System, alliances and all that is great.  It's a lot cleaner than my early attempts and certainly a lot more complete.

What files would I have to change to make my factions, weapons and other things fit into the mod's framework?  I'm rather interested in seeing what it's like to have a three-way war with the Glaug and seeing the bases change hands and so forth.

The main issue here is that what I've got is not a faction mod.  I basically built a TC but it's mainly concerned with completely starting over again, in terms of weapon balance and physics and a bunch of other core stuff; none of what I've got plays very nicely with others. 

What would I need to hack to get that done, and if I do it, can I release it?

Yeah I'm fairly happy with the approach. There's still a few bits here and there which aren't great but it's mainly because I haven't fixed them up and/or can't fix yet.

You will only run into issues if you rely on generators (as Exerelin overrides generators.csv) and any initial character stuff (as Exerelin overrides CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java). If you can avoid this, then you should be able to run the mods side by side. If you want to change these then you will need to merge the two mods.

Apart from those two, everything else should be fairly straightforward :) Exerelin only really changes the campaign level stuff.

Start from the factions not included version of Exerelin, as it has removed most of the extra assets (that you probably don't want):
 - Add your factions to ExerelinData.java
   - You can add it to the array of possibleFactions (remove the other factions if you don't want them)
   - Or you can add a check for a class from your mod to addModdedFactionsToList() and add the appropriate faction ID's if that class is loaded
 - Add your faction specific weapon sets to ExerelinUtils.getFactionWeapons()
  - If you don't, it will just add randoms
 - ExerelinUtils.isCapitalInFleet() checks for atlas-like ship specs for station takeover fleets so you may need to add your equivalents to that
 - There are a few of other methods at the bottom of ExerelinUtils to do with mining checks you may want to add more ship specs too
   - Depends on how much you are changing
 - Check ExerelinUtils.addRandomFactionShipsToCargo() in case you need to add exceptions to translate from ship spec to hull spec
  - There are some examples already in there
 - Finally, add the Exerelin specific fleets to your faction file
  - See the blackrock, bushi or hiigaran ones for the best examples

A while back I had Exerelin merged with Ironclads and it worked fairly well :)

Feel free to release it but maybe just credit :)

Haha beaten :P

This is what I would have to do if I wanted to have factions of Project Ironclads in Exerelin and play as one of those factions? Or is there another way now?

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 20, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »

So, after having been gone for a good while I just recently came back and I was trying to get this mod to work (with all the addon factions)

Game starts fine, but when I hit new game and after having chosen my ship and tech upgrades, the game crashes with a fatal null error soon as I hit the start game button on the tech tree screen.
The log shows the following:

Code
285626 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/eleutheria.json]
285875 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newsuper.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any idea's?

EDIT: After a little testing it seems ASP is the main culprit. it overrides Exerelines sector generation start (choosing number of systems etc) and with ASP loaded you just get the default start options..

All of the other mods seem to work fine. no crashes yet, but I haven't gotten far.

On a side note: How come you can't have factions respawn? Only option I get when starting a new game is "No, factions do not respawn"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:31:09 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 28, 2014, 07:14:27 AM »

If possible, please consider implementing an option to order the construction of a ship at one of your stations.
One of the more frequent problems I've ran with when playing Exerelin is that you have no control over what ships your stations produce - it's a matter of luck. I've actually gone an entire in-game year doing tours between my faction's 10 stations and I haven't found a single Atlas (I'm allied with Hiigaraans, which have their own super freighter, which their stations didn't have either), neither have I found the Vatican Mk. IV, which is a ship included in the Project Valkyrie mod.
While not at all gamebreaking, it CAN get pretty tiresome if you go around looking for a specific ship and not finding it anywhere.
The solution to this would be to order a station to begin construction on a ship that's either A) A design belonging to your faction or B) A design belonging to a faction whose station you've managed to seize.
Obviously, placing a priority order for the construction of a ship would cost a premium, I'd say roughly x1.5 the price of the ship (which would make ordering the construction of capital ships and such very, very expensive) 
Although perhaps this is something that will be implemented into the base game in time.

On a different note, I hope Alex implements some sort of "renown" or "infamy" system that dictates the willingness of hostile factions to engage in combat with you.
If you slaughter several large fleets of a certain faction, they should be unwilling to fight you even if their total fleet value is higher than yours.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:37:14 AM by Lolpingu »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 141