Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917127 times)

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1500 on: December 05, 2013, 11:04:17 PM »

Station Takeover
Once you have your first station, your faction will automatically start taking over other available stations, or stations that your faction is at war with. You can still take over stations, but you will need (at minimum) a super-freighter (i.e atlas or equivalent) and a troop transport (i.e valkyrie or equivalent) in your fleet. Boarding is expensive; you will loose the super-freighter, and any extra supplies/marines/crew on a successful board. If your boarding fails (the defenders kill all the marines in your fleet) you can loose a number of ships.

Does it have to be specifically designated as a super freighter? Does the freighter have to be empty? I have tried with the Hiigarans with 2 of their biggest freighters and 2 troop transports maxed with marines. I never get an option to board a station. I have tried just hovering over the station but I always end up drifting off. Every time I come to an enemy station the only option is to leave. Any additional help would be appreciated. Thank you!

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 06, 2013, 01:08:52 AM »

I don't know if the Hiigaran's freighter is big enough. Or if it is, if it has been flagged as a super freighter.  With an atlas and Valkyrie (the vanilla ones) you simply hover over the station and periodically it tells you you've lost some marines. An easy way to center yourself is to click the station, and select leave. Then immediately click on it again. There is a slight delay before you can interact with things ad whilst it's happening your fleet will center it's self over the station.

Remember you risk losing one or both of the ships if you run out of marines (usually both in my experience), so you should head back to a friendly base and buy more marines if you get low.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

martinw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 06, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »

How can i add ships to the storage station? So when it spawns it has more ships then the mining wing.

I have found

public static void populateStartingStorageFacility(SectorEntityToken storageFacility)
   {
      CargoAPI cargo = storageFacility.getCargo();
      cargo.addItems(CargoAPI.CargoItemType.RESOURCES, "agent", 2);
      cargo.addItems(CargoAPI.CargoItemType.RESOURCES, "prisoner", 2);
        cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "mining_drone_wing"));
                   }

What do I need to add to make the dreaghtnought of the Hiigaran Descendants spawn aswell. In the hull folders the ships name is hii_sajuukkhar
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:28:09 AM by martinw »

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 06, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »

I don't know if the Hiigaran's freighter is big enough. Or if it is, if it has been flagged as a super freighter.  With an atlas and Valkyrie (the vanilla ones) you simply hover over the station and periodically it tells you you've lost some marines. An easy way to center yourself is to click the station, and select leave. Then immediately click on it again. There is a slight delay before you can interact with things ad whilst it's happening your fleet will center it's self over the station.

Remember you risk losing one or both of the ships if you run out of marines (usually both in my experience), so you should head back to a friendly base and buy more marines if you get low.

Alright thank you for the explanation that helps! I picked up the vanilla ships and it works. I modified the Exerelin file to allow for bigger capital ships to spawn so I figured the new freighters would work, I guess not! Thanks again!

~entropy

Danthar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 06, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »

That big hiigaran freighter can be used as well. Not sure what its name is. Its actually a pretty decent anti fighter platform as well. Although abit slow ofcourse.

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1505 on: December 06, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »

Reported bug for a modded game that included Exerelin: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7477.0

KhaakBlocker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 08, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »

Stupid question? Being a noob to the mod, is there any documentation on it?  I wanted to learn how omni-factories work, and how to mine (I got some mining drones and moved over an asteroid/gas giant but nothing happens.

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 08, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »

Stupid question? Being a noob to the mod, is there any documentation on it?  I wanted to learn how omni-factories work, and how to mine (I got some mining drones and moved over an asteroid/gas giant but nothing happens.

You sell stuff to the omnifactory and it gets broken down (destroyed), and then they begin to make it.  It allows you to acquire other faction's ships/gear a bit easier in large numbers.

Mining is pretty simple, you have mining drones, then you just sit over the top of the asteroid until it says that you got some supplies.  Pretty easy stuff.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 08, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »

I've been having some trouble mining as well. Its been a bit too tedious to mine for infernum, but mining asteroids only seems to work when you're relatively close to one of your faction's stations. I don't know if it is supposed to be a feature or if it is a glitch. It made me very sad that i couldn't bring some miner pods when i was trying to gain a foothold in another system.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:04 AM »

Its been a bit too tedious to mine for infernum, but mining asteroids only seems to work when you're relatively close to one of your faction's stations.

Infernium?  :o
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 09, 2013, 07:16:58 AM »

I've been having some trouble mining as well. Its been a bit too tedious to mine for infernum, but mining asteroids only seems to work when you're relatively close to one of your faction's stations. I don't know if it is supposed to be a feature or if it is a glitch. It made me very sad that i couldn't bring some miner pods when i was trying to gain a foothold in another system.
I...are you playing the right mod?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 09, 2013, 08:18:12 AM »

Infernium = fuel

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 09, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »

Infernium = fuel

Oh. That explains it. :D
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 09, 2013, 12:20:01 PM »

Hum, where is Zaphide? Taking Exams?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 09, 2013, 12:36:34 PM »

Yes I think there is a glitch <somewhere>. I had to hack about a bit to get a way to have a fleet 'stick' to an object (you can click on the object again once hovering over it to activate the 'stick'). Unfortunately I think there is a bug in it, and sometimes you need to open the map and click on a planet/station to 'clear' the stick data. I'll see if I can track it down for the next version :)

Hum, where is Zaphide? Taking Exams?

Still around :) No exams for me, but I have been majorly busy unfortunately :(

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 141