Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917103 times)

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1485 on: November 28, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »

^ seconded. It'd be also cool for the two mining lasers in existence - the small and the medium energy mounts - to allow ships with them mounted to pick up supplies from asteroids.
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 28, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »

Hmm, are compressed saves supported? I know they're turned off by default, but will they cause nullpointer exception like this (which seem to be a bug in Exerelin itself caused by a boarding attempt right before finishing loading)?

Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.getSystemManagerForAPI(SystemManager.java:117)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinUtils.boardStationAttempt(ExerelinUtils.java:887)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$1.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:151)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOoO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

My Exerelin version is 0.623 btw.

P.s.: if it's unrelated to compressed saves I can upload my (compressed) save files, if you wish.

Compressed save games had a higher chance of OutOfMemory'ing on saving a game, where if the file is uncompressed it would usually only OutOfMemory on game load. If the game crashes while saving, the save game file is unrecoverable. So, I set save games to be uncompressed as most people can simply increase the memory allocation to StarSector to get around the problem; no one can fix corrupt save files :)

Your NullPointerException isn't due to compressed saves, rather there is a current issue (kind of with Exerelin, kind of with StarSector) where game scripts will be run prior to the LoadGame function ending, which can cause some scripts to crash like you see here. I was hoping I had caught all the places this was an issue but apparently not :P

Happily this won't occur in the next version of StarSector, and the next version of Exerelin should be a bit more robust in this area as well.

If you feel up to it you could edit the ExerlinUtils.java file at line 886 like so:
Code
StarSystemAPI starSystemAPI = (StarSystemAPI)fleet.getContainingLocation();
if(starSystemAPI == null)
    return false; // Game hasn't finished loading so abort board attempt till following day
SystemManager systemManager = SystemManager.getSystemManagerForAPI(starSystemAPI);

which should fix your issue :)

i think there should be a call for factions to have their own mining ship designs and small cargo ships...neutrino has their own atlas freighter....why not make everything unique...id say it on their pages but it would be a pain to type them all up

Yeah while that would fit with the Exerelin mod (as it currently is) I'm not sure what faction modders plans are for their factions, they may wish to just use the Vanilla versions of those ships until the Vanilla industry gameplay is expanded upon :) Creating new ships (even just mining/cargo ships) is a lot of work :)

^ seconded. It'd be also cool for the two mining lasers in existence - the small and the medium energy mounts - to allow ships with them mounted to pick up supplies from asteroids.

Yeah I'll look at adding this to the next release :) This may be a easier compromise to implement Lopunny's suggestion above; just create a variant with mining lasers to be used as a stand-in mining ship.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 28, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »

I'd make for better progression I think. If your starting planet has a mining belt you can seriously get close to 100k in less than 10 minutes if you do it properly by using a station nearby to avoid the no-mine bug, buying new mining ships with your money and flying around with one or two Atlas. I'm not sure if I'd consider that broken or not, but it is very effective nonetheless.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 28, 2013, 03:50:51 PM »

Yo Zaphide, congrats
your mod just hit 100 page
glad to have you here
& don't stop with your work
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 28, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »

I'd make for better progression I think. If your starting planet has a mining belt you can seriously get close to 100k in less than 10 minutes if you do it properly by using a station nearby to avoid the no-mine bug, buying new mining ships with your money and flying around with one or two Atlas. I'm not sure if I'd consider that broken or not, but it is very effective nonetheless.

Well I'm not sure about broken, as you can only really spend the money on your own fleet currently. Mining is pretty boring too... :) I kind of think of it as a safety net; if you need a couple more ships but don't feel like running combat then you can mine.

In the next version I'm adding the ability for the player to produce extra AI controlled fleets (player-commanded AI fleets?) for cash (it will also require an investment of skill points). So, if you just took over a station and it comes immediately under attack you can rapidly scramble a defense fleet, or if you are assaulting a station and need another attack fleet or boarding fleet you can call one.

Unfortunately it has required a lot of refactoring (which has now been done) and I got side tracked with some other changes/fixes :P Anyway, it's coming together but will be a little while yet :)

Yo Zaphide, congrats
your mod just hit 100 page
glad to have you here
& don't stop with your work

Haha yeah the mod has certainly growna lot over the 100 pages!

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 29, 2013, 03:25:29 AM »

@Zaphide:

I've never had problems with Out Of Memory on saving. On the other hand loading likes to crash sometimes after big battles.... hmm.

I gonna add that if the next time I encounter this error (lazyness FTW!). Thanks!

Also, congratz on the 100th page. :)
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

martinw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 29, 2013, 06:52:08 AM »

Damm awesome mod! However is there a way to let various weapons spawn more often? I'm playing it with the great&awesome Valkyrians Mod and a couple of weapons in that mod I've never seen spawn at the stations, just as several ships. (already changed the reducecapitalshipchace to false as described a page back)

Danthar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 30, 2013, 08:01:30 AM »

In the next version I'm adding the ability for the player to produce extra AI controlled fleets (player-commanded AI fleets?) for cash (it will also require an investment of skill points). So, if you just took over a station and it comes immediately under attack you can rapidly scramble a defense fleet, or if you are assaulting a station and need another attack fleet or boarding fleet you can call one.

Unfortunately it has required a lot of refactoring (which has now been done) and I got side tracked with some other changes/fixes :P Anyway, it's coming together but will be a little while yet :)

That is exactly what I wanted to suggest today. Reason for that is, is that i get a bit frustrated that all auto spawning boarding fleets are going to the same enemy owned station (in my game atm), which is defended by 3 wtfpwnage defense fleets. So they are only flying to their doom.

It would really help actually being able to coordinate several fleets to attack/defend a certain station.

crushems

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 30, 2013, 05:41:19 PM »

I have this error when I to star the game
Fatal Error compiling [data.scripts.ExerelinModPlugin]
Cause: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java"
I looked up starsector.log has this    at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)

I have thus far uninstalled and reinstalled the Exerelin mod,  changed vmparams file from Xms512m -Xmx1024m to Xms1024m -Xmx1024m and made sure I had the latest java download available on the interenet and still got the same error message. 
I have noticed a post by Lopunny on Oct 28th with the same issue and there seems to be some difference in the path for this comment
Lopunny, the file 'data/scripts/plugins/CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java' (which is causing the error) does not exist in the latest (since v0.62) mod version. It is has been renamed 'data/scripts/plugins/ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java'. 
Which was posted by Zaphide.
and this path Starsector\starsector-core\data\scripts\plugins\CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java.  The first one I believe was under mods while the second path is under starsector-core.
A further note is I use a 32 bit operating system.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 01, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »

Damm awesome mod! However is there a way to let various weapons spawn more often? I'm playing it with the great&awesome Valkyrians Mod and a couple of weapons in that mod I've never seen spawn at the stations, just as several ships. (already changed the reducecapitalshipchace to false as described a page back)

Not yet. You could possibly tweak the variants listed in exerelinGenericfleet (in the .faction files) to weight more towards the weapons you want but it's a fairly roundabout process.

Sometime soon I will add a spot (probably a json file) where you can manually add items for a faction that have a chance at spawning at their stations :)

--- Stuff about player AI fleet control ---

That is exactly what I wanted to suggest today. Reason for that is, is that i get a bit frustrated that all auto spawning boarding fleets are going to the same enemy owned station (in my game atm), which is defended by 3 wtfpwnage defense fleets. So they are only flying to their doom.

It would really help actually being able to coordinate several fleets to attack/defend a certain station.

The other thing you will be able to do is set individual stations to dictate a fleet priority between Attack, Defend and Patrol. Stations that are assigned Defend will use all their fleets to defend their station (good if under heavy assault), stations set to Attack will send extra Attack Fleets in lieu of patrol fleets and a similar setup for when assigned Patrol.

I have/will be tweaking AI fleet behaviors a fair bit in the next version, with patrol fleets getting the most revamp. They will cycle through defending other stations in their home system that are under heavy attack, patrolling their home stations system (if an enemy station is within their home stations system) and raiding a enemy system (if no enemies are in their home stations system and no stations are under heavy attack). It's still all WIP at the moment but shaping up OK :)

I looked up starsector.log has this    at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)

I have thus far uninstalled and reinstalled the Exerelin mod,  changed vmparams file from Xms512m -Xmx1024m to Xms1024m -Xmx1024m and made sure I had the latest java download available on the interenet and still got the same error message. 
I have noticed a post by Lopunny on Oct 28th with the same issue and there seems to be some difference in the path for this comment
Lopunny, the file 'data/scripts/plugins/CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java' (which is causing the error) does not exist in the latest (since v0.62) mod version. It is has been renamed 'data/scripts/plugins/ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java'. 
and this path Starsector\starsector-core\data\scripts\plugins\CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java.  The first one I believe was under mods while the second path is under starsector-core.

I'm sorry but I find this a bit hard to follow. I'll attempt to answer :)

You shouldn't get an error compiling; are you sure you are deleting the Exerelin folder before reinstalling it? Don't just drag it into the same folder otherwise it will merge them, which can cause compile issues. Also, it would be great if you could attach the whole log file as that line is not really that useful unfortunately :(

If you use a 32bit operating system you will only be able to set the memory limits to 1024 or below.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 01, 2013, 04:44:59 PM »

i'm not an expert & all but i hope you got properly installed LazyLib ?
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 02, 2013, 07:08:18 AM »

Not yet. You could possibly tweak the variants listed in exerelinGenericfleet (in the .faction files) to weight more towards the weapons you want but it's a fairly roundabout process.

Sometime soon I will add a spot (probably a json file) where you can manually add items for a faction that have a chance at spawning at their stations :)

I believe you'll be needing that regardless. Disregarding my modifications of your mod and the stuff I PM'd you over, I was messing around the Blackrock faction with Exerelin and found out that one of the weapons of the mod(a medium port missile rack) won't spawn at all because none of the variants have it equipped. I didn't report it sooner because I imagine there might be many other weapons from several other mods that have the same problem and checking for all would be a nightmare. I'd suggest just changing the system to a concise list on items/ships that are going to be sold on station, but it seems you're leaning for that direction already.

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:08 PM »

Hello!

I have not gotten a clear answer on this yet: Is it possible for me to take over a station besides the first station?

Thank you for the response!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 03, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »

pretty sure its been asked and answered least 30 times across these 100 pages =/ but, yes, you can.

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 03, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »

Hello!

I have not gotten a clear answer on this yet: Is it possible for me to take over a station besides the first station?

Thank you for the response!

There's a tutorial to do it in the original post?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 141