Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923023 times)

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1470 on: November 20, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »

Hey Zaphide and other modders. Just to say thanks for the Exerelin mod + all the other factions I downloaded. I just have a question though, would it be possible for me to add a TUG to the initial player storage we start with in addition to the mining drones. This is because I find it really annoying that I have to wait and be very lucky for independent merchants to pop by my controlled starbases to drop off a Tug, which I then have to transfer to the omnifactory. I'm not familiar with adding ships to bases to i'm not sure what lines to copy paste in. Thanks

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 20, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »

Apologies for the late reply's all!

I love this mod! I have tried a bunch of different factions but the only one where I can get them to take over multiple stations is Citadel. Is there anyway to make my other troops take over stations or do only specific factions spread out?

Also is it possible to play as the Patrician Navy in Exerelin?

Thanks for the response!

~entropy

The other factions should also spread out. I am slowly going through a rebuild of some of the AI fleet code so I'll keep a look out for any issues.

Patrician Navy should be possible, but it will require a couple of changes to this mod and the Patrician Navy mod. Support will probably be added soon :)

Is there things like "Some asteroids have mineral and some don‘t? " Because I sometimes can't mine from the asteroids, Fleet is hovering on it but it doesn't provide any supplies. I have to switch to many other asteroids and finally one of them will provide supply as usual. How can i know whether a asteroid have mineral on it?

I also find it rather annoying.  When that happens, I save the game, visit a station, and it usually fixes itself.  But annoying nonetheless.

Yeah there seems to be a bug in the target sticking code I wrote. You can fix it by opening the map and clicking on a station which seems to reset the process. I'll see if I can fix this for the next update :)

Loving this mod. I played your mod at a friend, and I bought the game right away.

some questions though.

1 - Is the omnifactory not working? If i'm correct I just sell a ship to it, and it starts making those ships. It doesn't seem to do that.
I should be less impatient

2 - How do I get ships bigger than cruisers? I've started 2 games, and while I do quite well against enemy fleets, my faction seems very much stuck in one system and i'm unable to get the big transports or battleships.

1) are there any settings in this mod that I can edit to get better ships? I've been stuck on the same fleet for ages and it's getting dull.

Well, I can answer (one of) my own questions - I had a look in Exerelin/data/config/exerelin_config.json and found reduceCapitalShipSaleChance - I set it to false and lo and behold a short while later up pops the battlecruiser I'd been after.

Yep that will set the capital ship spawn chance to normal :)

a few questions:

1) are there any settings in this mod that I can edit to get better ships? I've been stuck on the same fleet for ages and it's getting dull.

2) how does your faction decide where it sends its boarding fleets? I've got an enemy planet next door with no defenders (I've killed them), but my guys keep sending boarding fleets to different star systems.

3) if I prevent supply/logistics fleet reaching an enemy station, will it regenerate marines?

4) what's the ratio of marines you need to board vs. marines defending a station?

1) Looks like you found that (as above) :)

2) Generally when in-system it is the closest station to that station. When sending to another system, your faction has a home system (the system they start or restart in) and your faction will send fleets to the closest system to their home system that has any enemy stations in it.

3) It will, but much slower.

4) Marines are slightly better at defending, but you can use the Marine Efficiency level 5 perk (in Leadership) to increase your marines effectiveness. You can also use a saboteur to soften up a station.

Hey Zaphide and other modders. Just to say thanks for the Exerelin mod + all the other factions I downloaded. I just have a question though, would it be possible for me to add a TUG to the initial player storage we start with in addition to the mining drones. This is because I find it really annoying that I have to wait and be very lucky for independent merchants to pop by my controlled starbases to drop off a Tug, which I then have to transfer to the omnifactory. I'm not familiar with adding ships to bases to i'm not sure what lines to copy paste in. Thanks

You can add new starting "stuff" to your storage facility by editing data/scripts/world/ExerelinUtils.java in the populateStartingStorageFacility() method.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 23, 2013, 01:30:31 AM »

Planeswalker,  probably should add a line like this:

Code
cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "ox_Standard"));

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 23, 2013, 06:11:14 AM »

Planeswalker,  probably should add a line like this:

Code
cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "ox_Standard"));
That works, Thanks a lot!

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 24, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »

I'm modifying one of the factions from the game and I'm adding a few ships to each. How can I make sure the ships I'm adding are eventually sold in Exerelin's stations?
Same goes for weapons.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:44:14 PM by Cyan Leader »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »

I'm modifying one of the factions from the game and I'm adding a few ships to each. How can I make sure the ships I'm adding are eventually sold in Exerelin's stations?
Same goes for weapons.

Sory for the late reply (also responded to PM but I'll repost here in case anyone else is wondering) :)

It's actually pretty straightforward, but slightly different to how most other mods do it. Exerelin pulls *all* the ship/weapon data from the variants that are listed in a factions .faction file (data/world/factions), from the exerelin<type>Fleet's that are specified. The ship variants are used to check which weapons are loaded for each variant, and then these weapons are used as the pool for the weapons available in those stations.

So, to have new ships/items appear for a faction you would need to add variants to this file (exerelinGenericFleet usually) that contain the ship/weapons you want available in that factions stations :)

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 26, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »

How would I modify the amount of XP we get from mining each time?

I'm tired of starting each new game and having no way of getting xp to get back to the point where I just was in the previous game (without it taking the hours it did previously).

I keep having to restart games after getting it because my faction always fails to expand early and ends up surrounded and only having one or two stations and camped by enemy fleets. Even if i kill the boarding fleets my station almost never produces fleets and the second it does they wander off and get killed by roaming fleets.

Bartcheeks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 27, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »

I'm tired of starting each new game and having no way of getting xp to get back to the point where I just was in the previous game (without it taking the hours it did previously).

I keep having to restart games after getting it because my faction always fails to expand early and ends up surrounded and only having one or two stations and camped by enemy fleets. Even if i kill the boarding fleets my station almost never produces fleets and the second it does they wander off and get killed by roaming fleets.

This is what I usually do.
1. Get a planet with a asteroid belt around for efficient mining.
2. Wait till the miners pop out, and then put them into the omni-factory.
3. Get miners as soon as they are produced in omni-factory and also from the station and keep mining and selling.

Eventually you'll get a good fleet going with the amount of money from selling supplies, and then you gain XP from destroying enemy fleets, not from mining xD (Make sure you only loot the supplies so you stay self-sufficient).
The problem you'll tend to encounter the most is usually getting to a good planet before the AI does, but once you've done it it'll be smooth sailing all the way!

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 27, 2013, 01:18:40 AM »

This is what I usually do.
1. Get a planet with a asteroid belt around for efficient mining.
2. Wait till the miners pop out, and then put them into the omni-factory.
3. Get miners as soon as they are produced in omni-factory and also from the station and keep mining and selling.

Eventually you'll get a good fleet going with the amount of money from selling supplies, and then you gain XP from destroying enemy fleets, not from mining xD (Make sure you only loot the supplies so you stay self-sufficient).
The problem you'll tend to encounter the most is usually getting to a good planet before the AI does, but once you've done it it'll be smooth sailing all the way!

Aye, and thats what ive been doing, but that gets tiresome after the fitfh or so reset where its the same thing again and again building up your stuff while the enemy ai surround you.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 27, 2013, 01:40:30 AM »

Go to a star system where no AI has spawned, that allows your faction to get a foothold instead of being crushed around their first station, given that the other AI factions spawn fleets 3 times faster than yours. and they have cruiser fleets out while you sit with picket defence.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 27, 2013, 07:22:09 AM »

Hmm, are compressed saves supported? I know they're turned off by default, but will they cause nullpointer exception like this (which seem to be a bug in Exerelin itself caused by a boarding attempt right before finishing loading)?

Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemManager.getSystemManagerForAPI(SystemManager.java:117)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinUtils.boardStationAttempt(ExerelinUtils.java:887)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$1.run(InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint.java:151)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOoO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

My Exerelin version is 0.623 btw.

P.s.: if it's unrelated to compressed saves I can upload my (compressed) save files, if you wish.
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:11 AM »

I haven't tested it personally yet but this should be it:

Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getCommanderStats().addXP(400);

There are two lines like that in ExerelinUtil.java (located in data\scripts\world\exerelin), one for asteroid mining and the other for gas planets mining.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 27, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »

I haven't tested it personally yet but this should be it:

Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getCommanderStats().addXP(400);

There are two lines like that in ExerelinUtil.java (located in data\scripts\world\exerelin), one for asteroid mining and the other for gas planets mining.
Thank you! I'll check that out the next time i start up a game after this run, I managed to get lucky.

Only two factions spawned, I then went around and started gunning down their boarding fleets with my singular brawler while running terrified from their command fleet. Kept managing to take out the atlas and book it out of the battle. Eventually I had 3 stations and they still only had one and my faction started to produce cruiser fleets that could fight them. Now after I take over the other 8 stations in this sector its time for the other five star systems to learn fear.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 28, 2013, 06:31:36 AM »

that is...until the game crashes on you due to no optimization

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 28, 2013, 07:23:31 AM »

i think there should be a call for factions to have their own mining ship designs and small cargo ships...neutrino has their own atlas freighter....why not make everything unique...id say it on their pages but it would be a pain to type them all up
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 141