Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917083 times)

Asetre

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1455 on: November 14, 2013, 07:54:59 AM »

Hey i was wondering if i have already started a save game with Exerelin, how can i go about editing the save game file to include new factions to spawn in that save file?

Thanks alot!  :)

I'm new to the forums but I've been playing with Exerelin for quite a while now, tinkering with some of it's files. Loving this mod!

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 14, 2013, 11:26:51 AM »

...How many marines can it possibly take to take over a station? I had over a thousand marines in my fleet and two troop carriers... still failed even with me scaring off all of their logistic fleets... I dont understand. That was around 500,000 in marines alone.

Just drop a few saboteurs on the station before you board. That should significantly weaken their defenses ;)
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 14, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »

what happened to the antediluvian's 

They haven't yet been updated for StarSector 0.6+.

The game crashes every time I try to enter a system that I wasn't originally in. :/

Hmmm have you changed the memory settings? If so, maybe change them even higher. Could you post the error please?

Some people have had this in Vanilla StarSector only, and I think they fixed it by upping the memory.

-- quick guide ---

Sincerely thank you!  :D That helped a lot, but may I suggest to add some tips to help player like me to get start? For example, add a progress bar when taking over the station, then i know it's doing something and i may wait for the result to see what is happening. then I can know what to do.

It would be great to do that but I don't think I'll be able to add a progress bar (at least not yet). I could potentially do some pop ups (that you can toggle off) that explain some of the mod features but a in-game tutorial-like is not really a priority at the moment sorry.

Hey i was wondering if i have already started a save game with Exerelin, how can i go about editing the save game file to include new factions to spawn in that save file?

Thanks alot!  :)

I'm new to the forums but I've been playing with Exerelin for quite a while now, tinkering with some of it's files. Loving this mod!

I don't think you can unfortunately :( When a game starts, it saves a list of possible factions that will appear in this game (based off the starting options: Vanilla Only and Only Respawn Starting Factions). It then creates a number of game objects for those factions. It would be hard to create all those objects directly in the save game file.

...How many marines can it possibly take to take over a station? I had over a thousand marines in my fleet and two troop carriers... still failed even with me scaring off all of their logistic fleets... I dont understand. That was around 500,000 in marines alone.

Just drop a few saboteurs on the station before you board. That should significantly weaken their defenses ;)

Yep saboteurs are the go :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 14, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »

I've upped the memory.

And yea, I've found out that it's a memory bug.  Even with 1024, it still crashes. :P And that's with pretty much with everything that's non-essential not running.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

ApetureUnicorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 14, 2013, 11:23:27 PM »

i can't get it to work!  ??? >:(

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 15, 2013, 01:41:41 AM »

I've upped the memory.

And yea, I've found out that it's a memory bug.  Even with 1024, it still crashes. :P And that's with pretty much with everything that's non-essential not running.

I don't know that it is a memory bug; rather, everything is not optimised and uses far more memory than it eventually will.

When you say 'non-essentials' do you mean other applications other than StarSector? I'm not sure how much memory you computer has but if you can use the 64bit version of Java and up the upper memory limit to 2048+. That should allow you to play a small-medium size game happily :)

Feedback seems to suggest that 6GB+ is required for max everything (systems, planets, stations etc).

i can't get it to work!  ??? >:(

A little more information would help :)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 15, 2013, 02:06:10 AM »

Yeh, going "It doesn't work!" generally gets answered with What is it that's not working? we can't read your mind you know. =/

give us the log featuring the error (if that's the issue) or explain what you are trying to do.

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 15, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »

I love this mod! I have tried a bunch of different factions but the only one where I can get them to take over multiple stations is Citadel. Is there anyway to make my other troops take over stations or do only specific factions spread out?

Also is it possible to play as the Patrician Navy in Exerelin?

Thanks for the response!

~entropy

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 15, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »

By memory bug, I means out of memory.  Sorry 'bout that.  Anyways, thanks for the tip on how much the game uses. :)

And yea, I've got a 32-bit computer, so no use in going to a 64-bit Java.
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

qsdoosix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 16, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »

Is there things like "Some asteroids have mineral and some don‘t? " Because I sometimes can't mine from the asteroids, Fleet is hovering on it but it doesn't provide any supplies. I have to switch to many other asteroids and finally one of them will provide supply as usual. How can i know whether a asteroid have mineral on it?

-------------EDIT--------------

Besides.... Maybe it's because i'm new to this mod. But I find that my faction is always develops much slower than AI's.........Is there any thing I can do to help my faction?(I have spent some skill points on Faction skill tree, But it seems not very helpful) The start point is quite good i think, It has 5 Station together, 2 Asteroid belts surrounding a gas giant and it's moon. But soon i found that the AI has controlled about 2/3 of the space and have many powerful fleets. I tried to use that faction, and the same things happened again, the AI faction still develops much faster than mine.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:50:51 AM by qsdoosix »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 16, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »

I also find it rather annoying.  When that happens, I save the game, visit a station, and it usually fixes itself.  But annoying nonetheless.

alcari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 18, 2013, 04:51:28 AM »

Loving this mod. I played your mod at a friend, and I bought the game right away.

some questions though.

1 - Is the omnifactory not working? If i'm correct I just sell a ship to it, and it starts making those ships. It doesn't seem to do that.
I should be less impatient

2 - How do I get ships bigger than cruisers? I've started 2 games, and while I do quite well against enemy fleets, my faction seems very much stuck in one system and i'm unable to get the big transports or battleships.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:11:48 AM by alcari »

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 18, 2013, 08:23:31 AM »

2 - How do I get ships bigger than cruisers? I've started 2 games, and while I do quite well against enemy fleets, my faction seems very much stuck in one system and i'm unable to get the big transports or battleships.

Be patient! :D

Capital ships do spawn sometimes (more likely later in the game) in stations, or you can try to board one (well, try...). Unfortunately it's painfully slow to get a good capital :(
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

momerathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 19, 2013, 08:31:51 AM »

a few questions:

1) are there any settings in this mod that I can edit to get better ships? I've been stuck on the same fleet for ages and it's getting dull.

2) how does your faction decide where it sends its boarding fleets? I've got an enemy planet next door with no defenders (I've killed them), but my guys keep sending boarding fleets to different star systems.

3) if I prevent supply/logistics fleet reaching an enemy station, will it regenerate marines?

4) what's the ratio of marines you need to board vs. marines defending a station?

momerathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 19, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »

1) are there any settings in this mod that I can edit to get better ships? I've been stuck on the same fleet for ages and it's getting dull.

Well, I can answer (one of) my own questions - I had a look in Exerelin/data/config/exerelin_config.json and found reduceCapitalShipSaleChance - I set it to false and lo and behold a short while later up pops the battlecruiser I'd been after.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 141