Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 917159 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1320 on: October 22, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »

Are Prisoners and Agents meant to keep appearing in the storage facility?  I had 3 Prisoners and 2 Agents there since pretty early in the campaign.  I remember seeing the messages about them being put there, at least once or twice.  Long ago I used all 3 prisoners and one agent and no more have ever appeared.  This is over many years of game time.  Currently my home station is occupied by those rotten Hegemony folks, i don't know if that effects it...

They will keep appearing (one of the faction skills increases their chance of appearing), although you have reminded me I did change a few things round and may need to adjust the spawn rate accordingly.

Your initial station being taken over doesn't affect it, other than making it more difficult to access :)

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 23, 2013, 08:32:13 AM »

The mining for gas giants and the station takeover mechanics need to be put in as an option on the interaction screen for each respective event. At times taking a station can be tricky and mining fuel is absolutely impossible. I don't know how you could do this, but I see that Ironclads did something along those lines.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 23, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »

I agree, hovering is an awkward interface mechanic unfortunately.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 23, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »

The mining for gas giants and the station takeover mechanics need to be put in as an option on the interaction screen for each respective event. At times taking a station can be tricky and mining fuel is absolutely impossible. I don't know how you could do this, but I see that Ironclads did something along those lines.

I agree, hovering is an awkward interface mechanic unfortunately.

Perhaps. I agree that it is an issue, I'm just not sure that dialog boxes are the solution. At least, they are not a solution that I would like so... :)

I have an aversion to the dialog box solution as it takes you out of the game world to <do things>. If you are mining/boarding by hovering on planets/stations you have time (CR, supply use etc) and other fleets as issues. With the dialog approach that won't be a problem. Actions will be instantaneous. Also, there are already a lot of dialog boxes and screens to wade through as it is.

I don't think that mining supplies from asteroids is a problem? In fact I would argue that this is better than using dialogs. So really, the problem is that your fleet doesn't 'stick' to planets/stations like it does to asteroids.

I have raised it as a suggestion (a while ago) so we shall see ... :)

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 23, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »

Asteroids are the easiest and best method, which is why that shouldn't be changed. While, yes, the dialogue box solution might not be ideal, it is still far better than the system that's in place now.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 23, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »

Asteroids are the easiest and best method, which is why that shouldn't be changed. While, yes, the dialogue box solution might not be ideal, it is still far better than the system that's in place now.

Hmmm OK I have hacked around a bit and you can now 'stick' your fleet to planets and stations by clicking an initial time to move the fleet to that object and then when very close clicking again to cause it to stick. It's still not 100% but it does mean you don't have to keep maneuvering your fleet to stay on top of a planet/station. I think this is as close as I can get with the API as it currently is.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.62
« Reply #1326 on: October 24, 2013, 12:35:42 AM »

Update time!

Exerlein v0.62
Download: https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_0.62.zip
NOTE: Remove the existing Exerelin folder before copying the new version into the StarSector mods folder.
NOTE: Be sure to check that you have increased StarSector's memory allocation (see OP).

Major changes include a message history options when visiting stations, additional star types/backgrounds and a lot of fixes/quality of life changes. There is also now a configuration file for each faction (see data/config/exerelinFactionConfig) in which there are a number of variables that can be changed to customise a faction.

Also updated support for the Nomads faction and the latest Zorg release (apologies for taking so long!).

Many thanks to kilomann and Trylobot who contributed to this release :)

As usual, please let me know if there are any issues or otherwise. Happy playing!

Changes
Code
v0.62
- Added message history, displayable in any station
- Added additional star types and background pictures
- Player fleet will now 'stick' to planets/stations
  - Requires a second mouse click when close to the object

- Changed rebel fleet spawns to hopefully provide a more appropriate challenge
- Changed fleet commander personalities depending on fleet type

- Stations will now stock a stack of green, veteran and elite crew that builds up slowly
- Improved responsiveness of stations fleet spawning at start of game
- Added fleet destruction flash when boarding ships are destroyed in failed boarding attempt
- Leadership skill Advanced Tactics level 5 perk now improves marine station boarding effectiveness
- Saboteur now only requires 3 points in active diplomacy
- Gaining Saboteur perk now grants two saboteurs immeditaly
- Patrol fleets now prioritize own system first
- Stations now deploy extra mining fleets if efficiency > 1.8 (only when a faction respawns)
- Slightly increased spawn chance of diplomacy agents

- Updated support for Nomads
- Updated support for Zorg
- Updated support for Gedune

- Fixed spawn issue with Hiigaran and Bushi cargo ships
- Fixed incorrect marine supply usage from vanilla 0.6.1a
- Fixed crash issue with boarding fleets
- Fixed allowing use of mothballed ships for mining or station boarding
- Fixed occurence of catastrophic accidents on a faction's last station
- Fixed issue with asteroid belt radius being far too large
- Fixed some issues with resupply targets for fleets
- Fixed issue with attack fleets redirecting to abandonded stations on station target switch
- Fixed betray message to show faction real names
- Fixed incorrect hegemony faction color
- Fixed some missing variants/hulls for various factions
- Fixed issue with ally report
- Fixed weapon cargo reduction code

- Added exerelin_config settings for player wages and station transfer
  - Station transfer setting doesn't work until fixed in StarSector core
- Added config setting for capital ship sale reduction
- Added faction specific configuration settings (see data/config/exerelinFactionConfig)
- Added exerelin config setting for loading custom faction configs
- Added configurable option for new stars/backgrounds

Giangiotto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 24, 2013, 12:40:43 AM »

Does that basically do what I did to my own game a little while back?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 24, 2013, 12:42:02 AM »

Does that basically do what I did to my own game a little while back?

Yep :) just set the setting in data/config/exerelin_config.json to false.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 24, 2013, 12:44:11 AM »

Actually, before anyone asks, this version is not save compatible with the previous version sorry :(

Scrambles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 24, 2013, 03:50:51 AM »

Oh well, I guess it's time to start a new game then! It will take some time to get back to level 42 ¬.¬

Is it possible to configure *which* factions spawn in a game now?

Also, awwwwwwwwwwwww:

- Fixed allowing use of mothballed ships for mining or station boarding

I may be missing something but is there anything other than a mining pod that can mine stuff?

I was admittedly mothballing them... but I'd still like to see them not take up tons of resources when they're idle :/ In reality they would be docked somewhere (assuming some big ships also present), not flying around eating up supplies when not in use.

On the boarding mechanics - my main issue so far has been the massive cost of maintaining marines, which has made it pretty much impossible for me to capture anything myself (as I can only support about 100 dudes...), I presume this is resolved by the supply cost adjustment?

It would also be good to get more/better feedback during boarding actions (say, "15 marines died, 500 enemy marines remain" or something) and/or have some way of judging the combat strength of a hostile station before boarding ("defence rating high/medium/low" on hover-over would probably do). I'm not really sure how the boarding mechanics work in the background but it seems like kind of a coin toss at the moment.

Lastly, this may not be the right place for this question but is there a way of upping your available deployment points?  I can edit the points that ships require to deploy but that's kinda cheating ^.^

Giangiotto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 24, 2013, 04:04:18 AM »

Speaking of it being save incompatible is there a way to carryover characters?
With compressed saves I don't think you can with simple copy-pasting.

I tend to play with between 1 or 4 systems to keep the loading and saving reasonable so my games aren't too long.
Plus Starfarer uses the Java process so Cheat Engine is out the door too.

muttiman

« Reply #1332 on: October 24, 2013, 05:02:34 AM »

YEY new update, a reason to turn the game on again :D

Q: I've read in the changelogs that you can board stations with marines. how to do this, what do i need to buy, how doas this work? ;D

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 24, 2013, 07:22:53 AM »

Lastly, this may not be the right place for this question but is there a way of upping your available deployment points? 

Yeah that's a setting in the actual game. Just press Esc, go to Settings, and set Battle Size to something higher. The default is 200. I play with like 500 usually, it's fun.

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 24, 2013, 07:35:04 AM »

Speaking of it being save incompatible is there a way to carryover characters?
With compressed saves I don't think you can with simple copy-pasting.

I tend to play with between 1 or 4 systems to keep the loading and saving reasonable so my games aren't too long.
Plus Starfarer uses the Java process so Cheat Engine is out the door too.
Should still be doable before your save is bloated.... you just turn off compress save and edit the resulting .xml and turn compression back on.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 141