Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922897 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.632
« Reply #1770 on: April 04, 2014, 11:46:33 PM »

*Edit 2*
The null error was caused by my having the Bounty Hunts mod on. That is to bad, it looked like a ton of fun to add to Exerelin.
DS Tech still doesn't want to start though.

Yeah Bounty Hunters won't work with Exerelin unfortunately :(

DS Tech *should* work (at least, Tecrys' updated version should). I'll see if I can work out why.

Ah, so it was the new TuP that was causing the problem... Guess I'll go without it for now.

Yep, newest (v7) TuP won't work. TuP v6 should work with the latest commit to BitBucket if you are using that
(https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/commits/e34b4f41ec664b9c95fc18432a3b890e45fc59e7).

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 05, 2014, 12:02:12 AM »

Yep, newest (v7) TuP won't work. TuP v6 should work with the latest commit to BitBucket if you are using that
(https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/commits/e34b4f41ec664b9c95fc18432a3b890e45fc59e7).
It doesn't actually. v5 might work, but I haven't checked.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 05, 2014, 04:36:15 AM »

Get V5a of TuP here:
DOWNLOAD

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 05, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »

Just tried the old v5a of TuP with the current build of Exerelin. No dice. Seems some of the changes in Exerelin conflict.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 05, 2014, 11:29:24 PM »

Thanks guys, I'll update it to be TuP v7 compatible (which should make things a lot easier :P)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 06, 2014, 01:03:49 AM »

Just checked bitbucket and apparently all that was needed was to delete those exclamations? I should start learning...

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 06, 2014, 01:26:58 AM »

Just checked bitbucket and apparently all that was needed was to delete those exclamations? I should start learning...

Haha yep that was it :P

and well, sometimes the code changes are tiny, but it takes hours (thinking + testing) to work out (not so in this case thankfully)!

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 06, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »

Haha yep that was it :P

and well, sometimes the code changes are tiny, but it takes hours (thinking + testing) to work out (not so in this case thankfully)!
Zaphide, seems like there's still some calls for the old thunderchild_blue_basic.variant in the character creation plugin.

Line 587 in ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java has it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:36:39 AM by Nanao-kun »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 09, 2014, 02:46:44 AM »

You did nothing wrong

It looks like Exerelin is still looking for the old Thunderchild id, which was changed from thunderchild_blue_Basic to tup_thunderchild for the ship id and thunderchild_Basic, thunderchild_Assault and thunderchild_Support for the variants.

Zaphide said that he'd update Exerelin to fix this.

In the meantime, it will probably work if you change Line 587 in ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java yourself. According to Nanao-kun the leftover reference to thunderchild_blue_Basic can be found here. Just change thunderchild_blue_Basic to thunderchild_Basic.

Hope this helps!

snull

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 09, 2014, 04:01:37 AM »

Thx for helpi tryed i used standard MS editor and changed it acordingly but wont solve the issue.

Also i get the same for java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [brdy_squilla_wing] not found!
;-)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 09, 2014, 05:17:45 AM »

Thx for helpi tryed i used standard MS editor and changed it acordingly but wont solve the issue.

Also i get the same for java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [brdy_squilla_wing] not found!
;-)

Yeah the current v0.632 release is pretty outdated and does not play nicely with the newer versions of some mods :(

If you are feeling adventurous you can grab the latest version from https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin which *should* fix the issues with most of the recently updated mods (namely BRDY and TuP).

I am working on a stable update, which I will hopefully get around to releasing soon(tm) :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 09, 2014, 05:25:44 AM »

I'm too blame really. I've been pushing out a lot of small updates recently for TuP.  ::)

snull

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »

;-)

Yeah the current v0.632 release is pretty outdated and does not play nicely with the newer versions of some mods :(

If you are feeling adventurous you can grab the latest version from https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin which *should* fix the issues with most of the recently updated mods (namely BRDY and TuP).

I am working on a stable update, which I will hopefully get around to releasing soon(tm) :)

Thank you, I had a look and tred to download that particualar data/scripts/plugins/ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java but I am not much experienced on cumputer stuff and couldnt figure out how to download it, hehe,so i better wait for the official update then, thx for the effort - much appriciated Sir!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 09, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »

I'm too blame really. I've been pushing out a lot of small updates recently for TuP.  ::)

You do seem to be able to push out a lot of amazing content! (which is a great thing :D)

;-)

Thank you, I had a look and tred to download that particualar data/scripts/plugins/ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java but I am not much experienced on cumputer stuff and couldn't figure out how to download it, hehe,so i better wait for the official update then, thx for the effort - much appriciated Sir!

Haha yeah no worries I completely understand :)

However, for you (or anyone else) I probably wouldn't bother trying to download and replace the individual files. If you follow the link there is a download button on the far right (next to Size: 76.5MB). If you use that you'll get the latest version of the mod. It will name the mod folder weirdly but that won't matter :)

snull

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 09, 2014, 11:44:44 PM »

You do seem to be able to push out a lot of amazing content! (which is a great thing :D)

;-)

Thank you, I had a look and tred to download that particualar data/scripts/plugins/ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java but I am not much experienced on cumputer stuff and couldn't figure out how to download it, hehe,so i better wait for the official update then, thx for the effort - much appriciated Sir!

Haha yeah no worries I completely understand :)

However, for you (or anyone else) I probably wouldn't bother trying to download and replace the individual files. If you follow the link there is a download button on the far right (next to Size: 76.5MB). If you use that you'll get the latest version of the mod. It will name the mod folder weirdly but that won't matter :)

...oh wonder - works ;-)
thanks to both of you ! magic ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 141