Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923004 times)

Zombiedragon201

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.632
« Reply #1755 on: April 02, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »

So, Exerelin is alot of fun, using quite a few factions. I've gotten to the point where Im taking 3 caps into combat and coming out with little to no damage from massive fleets. Pretty simple run too, shadowyards battlecruiser, hegemony battleship, and hiigaran heavy cruiser(they're my enemies, haven't scored a cap yet). So far nothing has come close to beating it and my stats are not really that great. I'm starting to wonder what else to do now that I can just win any fight.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 02, 2014, 10:45:52 PM »

So, Exerelin is alot of fun, using quite a few factions. I've gotten to the point where Im taking 3 caps into combat and coming out with little to no damage from massive fleets. Pretty simple run too, shadowyards battlecruiser, hegemony battleship, and hiigaran heavy cruiser(they're my enemies, haven't scored a cap yet). So far nothing has come close to beating it and my stats are not really that great. I'm starting to wonder what else to do now that I can just win any fight.
Take three out in a row.

EDIT: With the e34b4f4 commit on bitbucket, I'm unable to choose a faction. After going through character creation, it simply tells me to pick the basic shuttle.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:07:39 AM by Nanao-kun »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 03, 2014, 12:16:05 AM »

Take three out in a row.

EDIT: With the e34b4f4 commit on bitbucket, I'm unable to choose a faction. After going through character creation, it simply tells me to pick the basic shuttle.

Are you running with any other mods? Does it work the same when just with Exerelin+LazyLib loaded?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 03, 2014, 12:32:21 AM »

Take three out in a row.

Are you running with any other mods? Does it work the same when just with Exerelin+LazyLib loaded?
Hmm, if I remove the factions it works. Must be one of the factions then.

EDIT: Using factions:

Mayorate
Neutrino
Blackrock
Shadowyards
Qualljom
P9
Nomads
Hiigaran
Bushi
BGE
Gedune
Junk Pirates
PACK
Syndicate ASP
Valkyrians
Kadur Theocracy
and TuP

Newest versions of each.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:47:10 AM by Nanao-kun »

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 03, 2014, 02:05:26 AM »

I think you can check the factions one by one by opening the folder scripts/plugins and check out the charactercreationplugin.

There should be a line in the code that checks for Exerelin being activated:

Code
	public CharacterCreationPluginImpl()  

// automatic yield of control pass-through in case of conflict:   
// Exerelin 
if(canBeLoaded("data.scripts.world.ExerelinGen" )) 

try 

handoffPlugin = (CharacterCreationPlugin) Global.getSettings().getScriptClassLoader() 
  .loadClass( "data.scripts.plugins.ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl" ) 
  .newInstance(); 

catch( ClassNotFoundException e ) {} 
catch( InstantiationException e ) {} 
catch( IllegalAccessException e ) {} 

}

If you find a charactercreationplugin which is missing this you can try to add it in yourself but be careful if you do so and make a safety copy beforehand, that should fix it I think.
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 03, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »

I think you can check the factions one by one by opening the folder scripts/plugins and check out the charactercreationplugin.
If you find a charactercreationplugin which is missing this you can try to add it in yourself but be careful if you do so and make a safety copy beforehand, that should fix it I think.
Tried this. No dice.

EDIT: Taking a closer look, it seems that Exerelin w/ faction mods is defaulting to Shuttle + Sindrian Diktat.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:45:00 AM by Nanao-kun »

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 03, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »

Tried this. No dice.

EDIT: Taking a closer look, it seems that Exerelin w/ faction mods is defaulting to Shuttle + Sindrian Diktat.

Ah, good thing you mention this, it is actually a little problem with BGE that is fixed by now but Exerelin is not updated with the changes I made to fix it.

Fix: Go to the BGE OP and follow the installation instructions to make it work with Exerelin. I'm sure this is fixed with ne next release of Exerelin.
Take a look 1 or two pages ago I mentioned the folder ExerelinBGEmod, it's all in there.

I hope that will fix it, sorry about the hassle.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 03, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »

Tried this. No dice.

Ah, good thing you mention this, it is actually a little problem with BGE that is fixed by now but Exerelin is not updated with the changes I made to fix it.

Fix: Go to the BGE OP and follow the installation instructions to make it work with Exerelin. I'm sure this is fixed with ne next release of Exerelin.
Take a look 1 or two pages ago I mentioned the folder ExerelinBGEmod, it's all in there.

I hope that will fix it, sorry about the hassle.
Actually, I compared the three files and fond that the only difference was that the exerelin_config.json in the exerelin folders had your mod as "bge" while yours had "BGE".

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 03, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »

That might seem so but i think I screwed up somewhere there. Did you try it? Does it work now?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 03, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »

That might seem so but i think I screwed up somewhere there. Did you try it? Does it work now?
Yeah, no difference.

It might be due to the new Player Faction changes in the most recent build of Exerelin.

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget, the scavengers.faction needs to be edited. The portraits in Tore up Plenty have a different file path than what is used in the exerelin file:

graphics/tup/portraits

Exerelin is currently using:

graphics/portraits

This causes a crash.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:33:33 PM by Nanao-kun »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 03, 2014, 04:26:29 PM »

Tried this. No dice.

It will do this as a default if for some reason the CharacterCreationPlugin for Exerelin isn't called to setup the game.

I'll have a look at it tonight, but it was working for me with the latest BGE (and a few other mods) that I tried it with before committing to BitBucket.

As a workaround, it may be best to just rename the CharacterCreationPlugin for any mod that displays higher than Exerelin in the mod selection window. The reason for this is that StarSector loads the mods alphabetically, and uses the CharacterCreationPlugin from the first mod that contains it.

Yeah, no difference.

It might be due to the new Player Faction changes in the most recent build of Exerelin.

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget, the scavengers.faction needs to be edited. The portraits in Tore up Plenty have a different file path than what is used in the exerelin file:

graphics/tup/portraits

Exerelin is currently using:

graphics/portraits

This causes a crash.

Thanks! I'll fix this tonight.

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 04, 2014, 07:01:45 PM »

Original Post - Solved I Think
Spoiler
I am having a bit of a problem, I am getting a null error shortly after starting the game. I have a fresh install of 0.62a-rc3 with these mods installed
Spoiler
All mods downloaded from the first post of their respective threads besides ds tech which I downloaded the last version he posted in the thread (the first post of the thread was out of date)

1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_51 (64-bit)
13   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: BGE [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\BGE]
15   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: bounty [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Bounty]
16   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: bushi [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Bushi]
17   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: ds_tech [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\dstech]
20   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: exerelin [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Exerelin_0.632]
21   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: The Gedune [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Gedune]
22   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: hiigaran_descendants [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Hiigaran Descendants]
23   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_lazylib [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib]
23   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: ilkhannae_mayorate [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Mayorate_v0.6]
24   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: Neutrino [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Neutrino corp]
25   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: nomads [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\nom_1.0_RC4]
25   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: patria [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Patria]
26   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: pn [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\pn]
28   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: valkyrian [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Valkyrians]
29   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: kadurtheocracy [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra]
29   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: zorg [E:\Games\Starsector0.6.2a\starsector-core\..\mods\Zorg18]
[close]

The error as posted in Starsector.log was this.
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.systems.IndependentTraderSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(IndependentTraderSpawnPoint.java:41)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:61)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.??00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

This happened just long enough in the campaign for me to get into a system, but before I made it to a station to start capturing.

To the best of my recollection these were the settings I chose at the start.
Spoiler
Unchecked campaign help
4 systems
Small max system size
15 or 18 planets max
6-8 asteroid fields
30 stations
Omni factory available
6 other factions
Yes respawn
Four months
PN
The first ship with the phase skimmer
[close]
Considering the error, I would assume it isn't memory related since I have -Xms2048m -Xmx4056m set in vmparams with 16 gigs of system memory, and a 64 bit version of java installed as per directions found in the first post in this thread.

I will start disabling mods and see if I can find the one that is causing it.
[close]

*Edit*
An attempt to try the game with DStech as my starting race ended with Fatal:Index: 0, Size: 0
and an starsector.log entry of
Spoiler
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipNameStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipNameStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.addFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.addFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.FleetCreationSpec.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.SectorManager.doEveryFrameChecks(SectorManager.java:395)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:178)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.??00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[close]
It would be a shame if that was the problem, I liked DS Tech's aesthetic and play style.

*Edit 2*
The null error was caused by my having the Bounty Hunts mod on. That is to bad, it looked like a ton of fun to add to Exerelin.
DS Tech still doesn't want to start though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:36:42 PM by kupan9 »

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 04, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »

I am not sure why that is but I don't think DSTech will be updated anymore. I have too much to do with Biomancy and thus I am not able to update DSMK2's DSTech anymore.

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 04, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »

Fair enough, It might just be a bad interaction with something else. FYI I am currently playing a BGE run through Exerelin. The only thing that is getting me on it so far is that the hullmods and special systems (fungal spores and such) aren't very clear on what they do. Having fun otherwise :D

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 04, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »

Ah, so it was the new TuP that was causing the problem... Guess I'll go without it for now.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 141