Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923229 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1515 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »

Feel free to port over the AsteroidDialog code I set up for Vacuum, if you want; or check out the PlanetDialog for an example of one that doesn't destroy things, but forces to player to use real time with a chance to fail (and pirate ambushes, too).  Those were my warmup exercises for the rest of the stuff that's going to be in this Alpha but they could be really fun with a little work.  Anyhow, might save you some time, and it's almost plug-and-play :)

The other thing you could do is to implement a "dialog" that immediately exits after doing whatever it's supposed to do.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

martinw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 12, 2013, 04:18:18 AM »

How can i add ships to the storage station? So when it spawns it has more ships then the mining wing.

I have found

public static void populateStartingStorageFacility(SectorEntityToken storageFacility)
   {
      CargoAPI cargo = storageFacility.getCargo();
      cargo.addItems(CargoAPI.CargoItemType.RESOURCES, "agent", 2);
      cargo.addItems(CargoAPI.CargoItemType.RESOURCES, "prisoner", 2);
        cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "mining_drone_wing"));
                   }

What do I need to add to make the dreaghtnought of the Hiigaran Descendants spawn aswell. In the hull folders the ships name is hii_sajuukkhar

I have experimented with this for a while but i still cant make the storage station spwan extra ships. Every time i start the game it crashes while loading giving this file as reason.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Danthar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 12, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »

How can i add ships to the storage station? So when it spawns it has more ships then the mining wing.

I have found

public static void populateStartingStorageFacility(SectorEntityToken storageFacility)
   {
      CargoAPI cargo = storageFacility.getCargo();
      cargo.addItems(CargoAPI.CargoItemType.RESOURCES, "agent", 2);
      cargo.addItems(CargoAPI.CargoItemType.RESOURCES, "prisoner", 2);
        cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "mining_drone_wing"));
                   }

What do I need to add to make the dreaghtnought of the Hiigaran Descendants spawn aswell. In the hull folders the ships name is hii_sajuukkhar

I have experimented with this for a while but i still cant make the storage station spwan extra ships. Every time i start the game it crashes while loading giving this file as reason.

Anyone have a suggestion?

If it fails, while specifically mentioning this file. You probably have an syntax error somewhere. Carefully check the file if your not missing an bracket or semicolon somewhere.

martinw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 12, 2013, 01:53:34 PM »

Yea problem is just what i should add. Should i add a second line as in:

cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.CAPITAL, "hii_sajuukkar"));
                   }

or just

cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "mining_drone_wing", )(FleetMemberType.CAPITAL, "hii_sajuukkar"));
                   }
I don't quite understand how the storage station reads this line, unfortunately there is no example on how extra ships are added beyond the first.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 12, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »

Yea problem is just what i should add. Should i add a second line as in:

cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.CAPITAL, "hii_sajuukkar"));
                   }

or just

cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "mining_drone_wing", )(FleetMemberType.CAPITAL, "hii_sajuukkar"));
                   }
I don't quite understand how the storage station reads this line, unfortunately there is no example on how extra ships are added beyond the first.

You will need to add an extra line like:
Code
cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "hii_sajuukkar_Hull"));

There are only two types of FleetMemberType: FIGHTER_WING and SHIP.

For the second parameter, you need to pass the variant id:
 - For fighters it is the wing id
 - For ships it is the variant OR the hull id + '_Hull'

sagwamoksori

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 13, 2013, 06:08:51 AM »

Hello,

I'm a new guy and seeing 102 pages made me not read much or any of it. I wanted to congratulate you on a successful mod. I originally was going to wait to buy the game because the original campaign is a little lackluster (I understand the developers have been focusing on the combat, which is phenomenal by the way), but I really wanted to try this, so I bought it and I was not disappointed.  I love how you can purchase other faction's ships etc and how fluid and legit the AI acts. I didn't even realize when I started that you could mine and I ended up hunting rebels to get money. Though, mining only seems to be an early game thing because eventually war happens.

Are Ox Tugs included in the game? I haven't seen one yet.

One thing that I would like is the ability to start with no other factions in the system.

Boarding is a little hard because I have to keep adjusting my ships as my ships drift away or the station orbits away. It would be cool if there was a mini-game for boarding a station/other ships, but I guess that is up to the game devs to include it.

Feel feel to skip this: this is just my current game story. I feel like I'm in Star Wars playing as the rebels and fighting the Empire. I chose to start as the Hegemony because that was what I was familiar with and they seem weak compared to the other races. When you are lacking funds, corvettes and 2/3 fighter wings are overpowered compared to the weak craft that the Hegemony has (even the destroyer can get stomped by a few squads of fighters). That aside, I started in a system with the Hiigaran Descendants and were we friendly for a while and even shared a planet (2 stations). They eventually declared war on us and because the Hegemony had the brilliant Captain (me), we were able to drive them out to one isolated station. I did not realize how insignificant this was because they managed to form an alliance with the Valkyrians who bumrushed us and stole a station. While we were fighting them, the Valkyrians were contesting another star system and were losing. We managed to capture the station back and then stole two neutral stations in the foreign system they were contesting with the Neutrinos. So now the Hiigaran Descendants sign a peace treaty with us while they're in their isolated station just watching life continue. *** hits the ceiling about here because I've been busy defending my home star system and I see the Neutrinos take out 2 Valkyrian planets and I'm like.. yeah baby, serves them right. Turns out that while we were squabbling over planets, the Neutrinos were quietly subjugating all other star systems and they ended up controlling 3 star systems and most of 1 (except for the one that we were contesting). Seeing all the poop on the ceiling, the Valkyrians and Hegemony form an alliance and desperately try to fight off the Neutrinos. The Valkyrians own 1 star system, and the Hegemony (me) own most of 1 (the Hiigaran Descendants still have that isolated station). Now, it is a 2v3.5 (star systems) and we're holding out. Pretty exciting and it seems like this game will last quite a while. I love that the Valkyrian's are resupplying my isolated stations that are constantly under attack.

I could definitely see the devs including this into the official game. I was thinking that the universe for this concept to work would have to be very large... like dozens or hundreds of systems and there would be a frontier where the two factions are dynamically fighting each other and you as a neutral merchant/mercenary could choose to help one side by working as a supplier/independent trader and eventually rising up to the ranks and begin targeting enemy facilities. I dunno, it's pretty addicting and a nice thought. Of course.. this could just stay a mod :)

Dex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 13, 2013, 07:05:30 AM »

what this guy said ^^

- story

+ cookie

Awesome mod, sir.

dryden10

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 13, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »

hey eveyone i downloaded the mod and got a error message it said something lik data/scripts/plugin ....so i erased it and re downloaded it but now the icon is not a folder it just looks like a white piece of paper and now the option for the mods does not even show up in the game ...pls help im not very computer smart and this mod looks absolutly awesome !!!!!!!

sagwamoksori

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 13, 2013, 06:38:46 PM »

Did you unzip the mod and then place it in your installation folder
Code
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\
C:\Program Files\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods
x86 if you are running 64bit.

Are you using the latest version of StarSecter, version 0.6.1a?
0.6 Won't work and you will need to update to the latest version.

Did you install the LazyLib mod also? Exerelin requires it.

Edit: Format + Clarification
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:45:57 PM by sagwamoksori »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 14, 2013, 07:49:37 AM »

Zap, remove the inquisitor as a starting ship for valks, i feel giving people a high performance heavy frigate right of the bat is just wrong. :)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 15, 2013, 05:17:37 AM »

What do I have to do to make a custom heavy industrial ship replace the Atlas for Blackrock boarding fleets? Does said ship need to be able to carry over a set amount of supplies to be recognized when hovering over a station?

Admiral Loverod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 15, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »

I've been getting an error when I try to load Exerelin. It says
"Fatal: Error compiling [data.scripts.ExerelinModPlugin]
Cause: Compiling unit "data/scripts/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java"

Can anyone help? I've done some very light tweaking on games before, but I don't know heads or tail of the workings of Java.
"Your ship seems a little wobbly."
"Wobbly?"
"Yes, wobbly. It can't hit the broadside of an Onslaught, and the engine is missing so much armor plating I feel like it's mooning me every time you leave port."

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 15, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »

Zap, remove the inquisitor as a starting ship for valks, i feel giving people a high performance heavy frigate right of the bat is just wrong. :)

Haha no worries shall do :)

What do I have to do to make a custom heavy industrial ship replace the Atlas for Blackrock boarding fleets? Does said ship need to be able to carry over a set amount of supplies to be recognized when hovering over a station?

There is an array at the top of ExerelinData.java (ValidBoardingFlagships). Just add your hull id to this and it will be recognized as a boarding ship :)

There aren't really any requirements, but it should ideally be fairly slow, carry a fair amount of stuff and be lightly defended.

I've been getting an error when I try to load Exerelin. It says
"Fatal: Error compiling [data.scripts.ExerelinModPlugin]
Cause: Compiling unit "data/scripts/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java"

Can anyone help? I've done some very light tweaking on games before, but I don't know heads or tail of the workings of Java.

Have you also selected LazyLib in the StarSector startup mod selection window? Exerelin requires that.

Otherwise, delete the mods/exerelin folder and re-download. If you just copy the new version over the old version it will merge things and create a mess :)

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 17, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »

I'm getting the same error as Vlitzen on a fresh install of Exerelin (in fact, my first time ever on this machine).

Excerpt from the error log:
Spoiler
Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.ExerelinModPlugin]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:212)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java, Line 678, Column 29: A method named "isMothballed" is not declared in any enclosing class nor any supertype, nor through a static import
[close]

Looks like some kind of badness regarding "isMothballed".

Also, question regarding using Exerelin: do I activate all of the faction mods I wish to use with it as well? E.g. let's say I want to use Neutrino Corp. I download the mod and extract it as appropriate; do I also activate it from the launcher, along with Exerelin and LazyLib, or do I just activate Exerelin and LazyLib?

-- Griffinhart

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 18, 2013, 01:44:33 AM »

I'm getting the same error as Vlitzen on a fresh install of Exerelin (in fact, my first time ever on this machine).

Excerpt from the error log:
Spoiler
Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.ExerelinModPlugin]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:212)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/exerelin/ExerelinUtils.java, Line 678, Column 29: A method named "isMothballed" is not declared in any enclosing class nor any supertype, nor through a static import
[close]

Looks like some kind of badness regarding "isMothballed".

Also, question regarding using Exerelin: do I activate all of the faction mods I wish to use with it as well? E.g. let's say I want to use Neutrino Corp. I download the mod and extract it as appropriate; do I also activate it from the launcher, along with Exerelin and LazyLib, or do I just activate Exerelin and LazyLib?

-- Griffinhart

Hmmm this seems a bit bizarre; that method is just part of the StarSector API. If it can't see that then... hmmm. Perhaps PM me or post the whole log so I can see if it is throwing any other errors earlier on :) You haven't changed any of the StarSector path settings or anything?

When you get it working (:P), in the launcher select Exerelin+LazyLib and any other faction mods you wish to appear. The upshot of this is you can control what gets loaded into the Exerelin game by selecting/deselecting mods; the downside is that you need to select the same mods to load a game (obvious, but yeah).
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 141