Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 922850 times)

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1440 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:22 PM »

I'm having issues getting Starsector to run on 64 bit java, I'm running windows 7 and cant get it to work, either with having it reference my jre7 in my Programfiles(x86) through use of a .bat file or by replacing the jre in the main starsector folder with a copy of my 64 bit jre. Whenever i do either of these Starsector simply never opens and i get no reaction.

I set it to 1024 and 1024 in the vmparams, but that isn't enough with 32 bit java.

Any help getting 64 bit java to work would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am the dumb. I copied a version of 32 bit java that I downloaded to get chrome to work instead of my 64 bit java.

Tried copying the 64 bit version in, hit go, worked like a charm on the first try. Such a good feeling to not have to troubleshoot more after two days of trying to get this to work.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:54:31 PM by Fantastic Chimni »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:01 AM »

Got an error from a fresh reinstall, gdamit.. i broke the game didn't i? T_T

Spoiler
7869 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Zorg16f (data/world/factions/player.faction)]
7869 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading player faction
7870 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Exerelin (data/world/factions/zorg.faction)]
7871 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading zorg_hive faction
8336 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.world.HiiModPlugin] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
8442 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
8844 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.ZorgModPlugin] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
8900 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [zorg_supernova_Configurated] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [zorg_supernova_Configurated] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.FleetCreationSpec.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Scrambles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 11, 2013, 02:23:02 AM »

Got this too but updating to the latest version of the Zorg seemed to resolve it. It's a new ship that's not in the previous version but is references by Exerelin, I think :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 11, 2013, 03:05:07 AM »

Yes. You'll need V16h (been out for well over a week).

Arakash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 11, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »

I also had trouble getting this working (especially with the other mods i loaded with it) until i raised the second number above 1024. Is there a disadvantage to having it too high? or a recommended number it should be set at depending on your ram?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »

Got an error from a fresh reinstall, gdamit.. i broke the game didn't i? T_T

Spoiler
7869 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Zorg16f (data/world/factions/player.faction)]
7869 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading player faction
7870 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Exerelin (data/world/factions/zorg.faction)]
7871 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading zorg_hive faction
8336 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.world.HiiModPlugin] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
8442 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
8844 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.ZorgModPlugin] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
8900 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [zorg_supernova_Configurated] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [zorg_supernova_Configurated] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.FleetCreationSpec.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Got this too but updating to the latest version of the Zorg seemed to resolve it. It's a new ship that's not in the previous version but is references by Exerelin, I think :)

Yes. You'll need V16h (been out for well over a week).

Yes, Erick updates his Zorg mod too frequently :P

I also had trouble getting this working (especially with the other mods i loaded with it) until i raised the second number above 1024. Is there a disadvantage to having it too high? or a recommended number it should be set at depending on your ram?

Not really. I believe the upper limit is just how much the Java Virtual Machine can ask the OS for. You might as well set it at max RAM - 2GB (or whatever your OS uses).

If it is close to your (max RAM - whatever OS uses) you may find your PC page faults a heap (swaps stuff between memory to disk) a lot, which will may result in slow alt-tabs.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 12, 2013, 04:00:35 AM »

Not really. I believe the upper limit is just how much the Java Virtual Machine can ask the OS for. You might as well set it at max RAM - 2GB (or whatever your OS uses).

If it is close to your (max RAM - whatever OS uses) you may find your PC page faults a heap (swaps stuff between memory to disk) a lot, which will may result in slow alt-tabs.

I use it with 1GB + 2GB, seems to be OK for 90% of the time. Unfortunately I have 4GB RAM altogether, the OS uses ~0.9GB and ~0.5-1 GB is used by the "other apps" category. And Java uses close to 3GB for whatever reason. So I can confirm that the swap is indeed used and painfully slow when it wants to access it...  ;D

Btw: IMHO, at least on the Linux Sun JVM the upper limit is not how much Java can use but how much the app running inside Java can use. So the total will be (max_limit+java_ate_this) MBs.
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Arakash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 12, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »

Im using mine currently at 5 or 6, as i had a fair amount of crashes(during loading and occasionaly playing) around 1-2.
I think its entirely my fault in this case, as im running other mods + set up a medium sized sector with all factions. Next time i do it ill make the sector much smaller which will hopefully help.
My current game does stutter regularly on the sector/system maps, but is tolerable for me.

This mod is a lot of fun, ive really enjoyed it
Im currently trying to block the massive tide of Sindrian Diktat who flowed into my systems after being long time allies.

qsdoosix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »

Hello, I need some help over there@-@ :(

I download this mod, lazyLib, and 2 faction mods from "Mod Compatibility“
I start the game and get into the star map. But the problem is what should i do now? Every spaceport i visited has only 4 choices, Friend report, enemy report, display message and leave. How can I buy or sell items/ships? And why even pirate is neutral to everyone?(I visited pirate spaceport and in it's enemy view says no enemy)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:11:16 AM by qsdoosix »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »

I start the game and get into the star map. But the problem is what should i do now? Every spaceport i visited has only 4 choices, Friend report, enemy report, view report and leave. How can I buy or sell items/ships? And why even pirate is neutral to everyone?(I visited pirate spaceport and in it's enemy view says no enemy)

Hover over a neutral station for a bit to capture it with your starting fleet. Then wait as it starts to send out mining fleets. It should start receiving weapons, supplies and ships.

All factions are neutral to one another right from the start. But wars will break out eventually and alliances will also be made. You yourself can start a war by attacking a faction's fleets.

The start of the game can be a bit challenging and slow. Look for easy targets to attack. As soon as mining drones (or spheres for the Zorg) start to show up, buy some and start mining asteroids by hovering over them.

There's a lot more to Exerelin than that, but I hope it helps you get started.

Also, check this quick guide:
Exerelin Quick Guide
Spoiler
Starting Out
You can take over a station by moving your fleet up to it and 'hovering' over it. An abandoned station will be taken over instantly (no defenders).

Once you have taken over your first station a fleet will construct both a Storage Facility and an Omnifactory (if you selected it) around the same planet as your first station. Your storage facility initially contains 2xPrisoners, 2xAgents, 1xMining Wing.

Station Takeover
Once you have your first station, your faction will automatically start taking over other available stations, or stations that your faction is at war with. You can still take over stations, but you will need (at minimum) a super-freighter (i.e atlas or equivalent) and a troop transport (i.e valkyrie or equivalent) in your fleet. Boarding is expensive; you will loose the super-freighter, and any extra supplies/marines/crew on a successful board. If your boarding fails (the defenders kill all the marines in your fleet) you can loose a number of ships.

Your Faction
Your faction will send out boarding fleets, attack fleets (during war), patrol fleets, defense fleets and logistics convoys. Defense and attack fleets are pretty obvious; patrol fleets will change from patrol/raid/attack/defend depending on certain circumstances. Logistics Convoys deliver resources to stations under heavy attack.

Your faction will also deploy mining fleets from it's stations to gather supplies/fuel, which are used (in conjunction with crew and marines) to fund their fleets. A lot of resources will result in larger faction fleets. A prolonged war will strain your factions resources.

Station Efficiency
Stations have an efficiency value that dictates resource generation for that station. Stations with a low efficiency will produce crew/marines slower, and mining fleets will deliver less supplies/fuel.

Station efficiency can be increased via skills, and it will be reduced by accidents and after station takeover. Reduced station efficiency will slower recover to normal levels over time.

Mining
You can mine by 'hovering' over an asteroid or gas giant and having mining drone wings (or Zorg Worker drones) in your fleet. The number of wings dictates how much you mine.

Diplomacy Items
You can 'trade' diplomacy items (that appear in your storage facility) to other factions station to change your factions relationship with that faction.

Effects as follows:
 - Prisoner; increases your factions relationship with the faction you deliver the prisoner to
 - Agent; attempts to create a division between the faction you plant the agent at and another faction (not yours)
   - Small chance to backfire, resulting in a relationship loss between your faction and thiers
   - Small chance to fail with no penalties
 - Saboteur; causes a station explosion that reduces a station efficiency and destroys resources (including marines), weapons and ships on the station they are planted on. Good for softening up before boarding.

Also, if you use multiple diplomacy items they will run one after another.

Faction Skill Tree
You can spend attribute and skill points in the Faction Skill Tree to improve aspects of your faction:
 - Each point in the Faction aptitude increases your stations efficiency
 - Station Industry (increase station efficiency, station storage and additional mining fleets)
 - Passive Diplomacy (bonus to faction relationships)
 - Active Diplomacy (Gain access to saboteurs and increase diplomacy agent effectiveness)
 - Fleet Crew Training (Upgrade crew in fleets)
 - Fleet Deployment (Decrease resource cost of fleets, increase chance of an elite ship in your factions fleets)

The faction skill tree is located below the Industry Skill Tree (scroll down).
[close]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:15:05 AM by Erick Doe »

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 13, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »

what happened to the antediluvian's 

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 13, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »

The game crashes every time I try to enter a system that I wasn't originally in. :/
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

qsdoosix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 13, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »

I start the game and get into the star map. But the problem is what should i do now? Every spaceport i visited has only 4 choices, Friend report, enemy report, view report and leave. How can I buy or sell items/ships? And why even pirate is neutral to everyone?(I visited pirate spaceport and in it's enemy view says no enemy)

Hover over a neutral station for a bit to capture it with your starting fleet. Then wait as it starts to send out mining fleets. It should start receiving weapons, supplies and ships.

All factions are neutral to one another right from the start. But wars will break out eventually and alliances will also be made. You yourself can start a war by attacking a faction's fleets.

The start of the game can be a bit challenging and slow. Look for easy targets to attack. As soon as mining drones (or spheres for the Zorg) start to show up, buy some and start mining asteroids by hovering over them.

There's a lot more to Exerelin than that, but I hope it helps you get started.

Also, check this quick guide:
Exerelin Quick Guide
Spoiler
Starting Out
You can take over a station by moving your fleet up to it and 'hovering' over it. An abandoned station will be taken over instantly (no defenders).

Once you have taken over your first station a fleet will construct both a Storage Facility and an Omnifactory (if you selected it) around the same planet as your first station. Your storage facility initially contains 2xPrisoners, 2xAgents, 1xMining Wing.

Station Takeover
Once you have your first station, your faction will automatically start taking over other available stations, or stations that your faction is at war with. You can still take over stations, but you will need (at minimum) a super-freighter (i.e atlas or equivalent) and a troop transport (i.e valkyrie or equivalent) in your fleet. Boarding is expensive; you will loose the super-freighter, and any extra supplies/marines/crew on a successful board. If your boarding fails (the defenders kill all the marines in your fleet) you can loose a number of ships.

Your Faction
Your faction will send out boarding fleets, attack fleets (during war), patrol fleets, defense fleets and logistics convoys. Defense and attack fleets are pretty obvious; patrol fleets will change from patrol/raid/attack/defend depending on certain circumstances. Logistics Convoys deliver resources to stations under heavy attack.

Your faction will also deploy mining fleets from it's stations to gather supplies/fuel, which are used (in conjunction with crew and marines) to fund their fleets. A lot of resources will result in larger faction fleets. A prolonged war will strain your factions resources.

Station Efficiency
Stations have an efficiency value that dictates resource generation for that station. Stations with a low efficiency will produce crew/marines slower, and mining fleets will deliver less supplies/fuel.

Station efficiency can be increased via skills, and it will be reduced by accidents and after station takeover. Reduced station efficiency will slower recover to normal levels over time.

Mining
You can mine by 'hovering' over an asteroid or gas giant and having mining drone wings (or Zorg Worker drones) in your fleet. The number of wings dictates how much you mine.

Diplomacy Items
You can 'trade' diplomacy items (that appear in your storage facility) to other factions station to change your factions relationship with that faction.

Effects as follows:
 - Prisoner; increases your factions relationship with the faction you deliver the prisoner to
 - Agent; attempts to create a division between the faction you plant the agent at and another faction (not yours)
   - Small chance to backfire, resulting in a relationship loss between your faction and thiers
   - Small chance to fail with no penalties
 - Saboteur; causes a station explosion that reduces a station efficiency and destroys resources (including marines), weapons and ships on the station they are planted on. Good for softening up before boarding.

Also, if you use multiple diplomacy items they will run one after another.

Faction Skill Tree
You can spend attribute and skill points in the Faction Skill Tree to improve aspects of your faction:
 - Each point in the Faction aptitude increases your stations efficiency
 - Station Industry (increase station efficiency, station storage and additional mining fleets)
 - Passive Diplomacy (bonus to faction relationships)
 - Active Diplomacy (Gain access to saboteurs and increase diplomacy agent effectiveness)
 - Fleet Crew Training (Upgrade crew in fleets)
 - Fleet Deployment (Decrease resource cost of fleets, increase chance of an elite ship in your factions fleets)

The faction skill tree is located below the Industry Skill Tree (scroll down).
[close]
Sincerely thank you!  :D That helped a lot, but may I suggest to add some tips to help player like me to get start? For example, add a progress bar when taking over the station, then i know it's doing something and i may wait for the result to see what is happening. then I can know what to do.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 13, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »

...How many marines can it possibly take to take over a station? I had over a thousand marines in my fleet and two troop carriers... still failed even with me scaring off all of their logistic fleets... I dont understand. That was around 500,000 in marines alone.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 14, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »

stations can stockpile several 1000 stack of marines, its annoying if you are trying to take something over, but you're relieved when your own stations have that, because they are hard to take by the enemy.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 141